AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is India’s rank in global spam calls in the 4th Edition of Global Insights Report for 2020 released by Truecaller?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 9th
According to the 4th Edition of Global Insights Report for 2020 released by Truecaller, a Swedish Caller ID and Spam Blocking app, India ranked 9th in the list of countries affected by spam calls in 2020. In India, Gujarat received the most spam calls. The list was topped by Brazil, United States & Hungary. The report also stated that 8 out of 10 women in India receive sexual harassment, inappropriate calls and SMS regularly.
- Which International organisation has released the 2nd edition of “State of the Education Report for India 2020: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)”?
1) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
2) Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Education Scientific & Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
5) United Nations Organization (UN)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) United Nations Education Scientific & Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
On December 8, 2020, the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), New Delhi virtually launched the 2nd edition of “State of the Education Report for India 2020: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)”. Madhya Pradesh (MP) is leading among the State government run schools offering vocationalization of secondary school education with 140384 enrolments.
- Which country becomes the first country from West Asian region to establish Friendship Association with India?
3) Saudi Arabia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Oman
On December 2, 2020, External Affairs Minister (EAM), S. Jaishankar and Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Albusaidi, Foreign Minister of Oman held a virtual meeting. During the meeting, EAM appreciated Oman’s directive to establish Oman-India Friendship Association. The establishment of the Friendship Association will be the First Ever in the West Asia region. The association has been established with an aim of promoting friendship & understanding between the two countries.
- Name the country that had the 6th Meeting of Joint Working Group with India under Information & Communications Technology on December 8, 2020.
3) United Kingdom
5) United States
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Japan
On December 8, 2020, The 6th Meeting of Joint Working Group under the India-Japan ICT (Information & Communications Technology) was held virtually. Cooperation in 5G technologies, medical applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) were some of the key issues discussed during the meeting. The meeting was inaugurated by Anshu Prakash, Secretary, Telecom, Ministry of Communication, India. The virtual meeting was held through VC Solution, a web platform developed by India’s C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics). They also undertook a collaborative project at the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology in Hyderabad, the project involves the use of AI by Software to assist doctors in Colonoscopy diagnosis.
- Which Organisation approved USD 300 million loan for the Strengthening Comprehensive Primary Health Care in Urban Areas Program in India and additional 2 million for its implementation?
1) Word Bank
2) Asian Development Bank
3) International Monetary Fund
4) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
5) United Nations Development Programme
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Asian Development Bank
On December 8, 2020, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved USD 300 million (about Rs 2,200 crore) loan for Strengthening Comprehensive Primary Health Care in Urban Areas Program in India. In addition to the loan, a $2 million technical assistance grant was also provided from ADB’s Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction to provide technical support for program implementation.
- Which state government launched an employment generation project, “Livelihood Generation for Returned Migrant Workers project”, to assist migrant workers?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Mizoram
On 9 December, 2020 the Chief Minister Mizoram Zoramathnga launched an employment generation project, “Livelihood Generation for Returned Migrant Workers project”, in the state to assist migrant workers who lost their job in the pandemic. The project will be funded by North East Council. Provide skill based training and entrepreneurship to over 2,600 workers through 7 components.
- Which license of bank was cancelled by RBI as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects on December, 2020?
1) DCB Bank
2) Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Bank
3) C.K.P. Co-Operative Bank
4) Dhanlaxmi Bank
5) Karad Janata Sahakari Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Karad Janata Sahakari Bank
On December 8, 2020, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the licence of The Karad Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd., Karad, Maharashtra to carry on banking business, which includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with effect from the close of business on December 7, 2020. The bank does not comply with the provisions of section 11(1) and section 22 (3) (d) read with section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- Which Bank tied-up with OrbitRemit Limited to facilitate low cost money transfer to India by NRIs and small business in New Zealand?
1) Federal Bank
2) IndusInd Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) Indian Overseas Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Federal Bank
On December 8, 2020 Federal Bank Ltd entered into an online Rupee remittance tie-up with OrbitRemit Limited. This partnership will facilitate Non-Resident Indians(NRIs) and small businesses in New Zealand to transfer money to India in a modern, low cost, fast, easy and more reliable way. NRIs in New Zealand can also make use of the mobile app of OrbitRemit and an online platform to transfer money to India.
- National Health Mission (NHM) has designated ICICI Bank for all monetary transactions in ______ state.
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) West Bengal
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank won the mandate to be the designated financial institution for all monetary transactions under National Health Mission (NHM) in West Bengal (WB) as it quoted the lowest bid. Launched in 2013, the NHM encompasses its two Sub-Missions. National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and National Urban Health Mission (NUHM). Its components include Health System Strengthening, Reproductive-Maternal- Neonatal-Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A), and Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Who was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Common High Court(HC) for the Union Territory(UT) of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) and Union Territory of Ladakh on December 8, 2020?
1) Gita Mittal
2) Rajesh Bindal
3) B. P. Dharmadhikari
4) Pradeep Nandrajog
5) Biswanath Somadder
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Rajesh Bindal
On December 8, 2020 Ram Nath Kovind, President of India appointed Justice Rajesh Bindal as the Chief Justice of the Common High Court(HC) for the Union Territory(UT) of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) and Union Territory of Ladakh. He will take charge on December 9, 2020. He succeeds Justice Gita Mittal, the 1st female Chief Justice of this court. President of India appointed him, in exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
- Forbes 100 Influential Women 2020 ranked Nirmala Sitharaman at ______ position.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 41
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made it to the 100 most powerful women list announced in the 17th annual Forbes power list. This is the second time she features in the list, in 2019 ranked at 34 and ranked 41st in 2020. India’s leading Business women, kiran mazumdar-shaw, Chairman of Biocon Limited also featured in the list at 68th position.
- Which organisation was approved by Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire 49% shares of Odisha Power Generation Corporation Ltd (OPGC)?
1) Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited
2) Odisha Thermal Power Corporation Limited
3) Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited
4) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
5) NTPC Limited
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 3) Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited
Competition Commission of India (CCI) gave the approval for the acquisition of the shares of Odisha Power Generation Corporation Ltd (OPGC) by Odisha Hydro Power Corporation Limited (OHPC) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002. OHPC acquires 49% equity shares in OPGC from AES OPGC Holdings and AES India Private Limited. CCI gave approval to the acquisition of certain assets of the Prestige Group by affiliates of Blackstone Group Inc.
- In which Fintech Startup did HDFC Bank bought a minority stake on December, 2020?
4) Smallcase Technologies
5) DigiOn Technologies
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Smallcase Technologies
HDFC Bank has invested an undisclosed amount in Smallcase Technologies, and bought a minority stake, as part of a recent Series B fund-raise of $14 million by the Bengaluru-based fintech startup. The five-year old startup operates in the capital markets infrastructure space and works with businesses to help individuals invest in simple and transparent products called smallcases.
- Which country’s Anti-Drone System‘SMASH 2000 Plus fire Control Systems’
was finalised by Indian Navy for procurement?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Israel
Indian Navy has finalised the contract for procurement of a batch of Israeli ‘SMASH 2000 Plus fire Control Systems’ Anti-Drone Systems which is capable of destroying high-speed enemy drones. It is manufactured by Israel Firm ‘Smart Shooter’. The SMASH 2000 Plus is based on SMASH 2000 System and is equipped with Advanced Counter-UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) Mode to counter emerging drone threat. It is equipped with Targeting Algorithms to track and hit small drones which are capable of flying at high speeds.
- Who is the First Indian Captain to win a T20 International series in SENA (South Africa, England, New Zealand, Australia) Countries?
1) M. S. Dhoni
2) Virat Kholi
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Gautam Gambhir
5) Virender Sehwag
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) Virat Kholi
The Indian Cricket Team won the 3-match Dettol Twenty20 International (T20I) series 2020 against Australia by 2-1. The T20I series is part of India’s Tour of Australia, 2020-21 which consists of 3 One Day Internationals (ODIs), 3 T20Is & 4 Test matches taking place from November 2020 – January 2021. Indian All-rounder Hardik Pandya was chosen as the Player of the Series. Virat Kohli became the First Indian Captain to win a T20I series in SENA (South Africa, England, New Zealand, Australia) Countries.
- Which event will make its debut at the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris?
3) Sport Climbing
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Breakdancing or Breaking
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board added “Breaking” – a competitive form of & 3 other sports – Skateboarding, Sport Climbing, and Surfing to Medal Events Program in Olympic Games. Breaking will make its Olympic debut at the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, while 3 other sports will make their olympic debut at the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics to be held in July, 2021 (delayed due to COVID-19). The additional sports were proposed by the Paris 2024 Organising Committee.
- Which Indian Wicketkeeper Batsman announced retirement from all forms of cricket on December, 2020?
1) Wriddhiman Saha
2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3) Naman Ojha
4) Parthiv Patel
5) Dinesh Karthik
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Parthiv Patel
On 9 December, 2020 Indian wicketkeeper batsman Parthiv Patel announced retirement from all forms of cricket. Parthiv, India’s youngest wicket keeper at 17, ended his International career with 25 Tests, 38 ODIs and two T20Is. Parthiv Patel captained India at the 2002 Under-19 world cup. He captained Gujarat team in Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2015.
- Who co – authored the Book “Dharma: Decoding the Epics for a Meaningful Life” along with another author Bhavna Roy ?
1) Amish Tripathi
2) Chetan Bhagat
3) Ashwin Sanghi
4) Preeti Shenoy
5) Durjoy Datta
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Amish Tripathi
Amish Tripathi authored his 2nd nonfiction book titled “Dharma: Decoding the Epics for a Meaningful Life”, co-authored by his sister Bhavna Roy. The book provides philosophical lessons extracted from the ancient Hindu Epics. The book is published by Westland Publications Pvt Ltd and set to release in December 2020.
- United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime was observed annually on_____.
1) 30th November
2) 5th December
3) 10th December
4) 9th December
5) 29th November
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 9th December
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime is annually celebrated across the world on 9th December to remember and honour the victims of the crime of genocide. The 9th December 2020 also marks the 72nd anniversary of the adoption of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide the “Genocide Convention” by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA).
- What is the theme of 2020, United Nations(UN) International Anti-Corruption Day is observed annually on December 9?
1) Recover with Integrity
2) Together We Can
3) Fight the Pandemic
4) Rejuvenate Economy
5) Fighting Corruption Virus
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Recover with Integrity
The United Nations(UN) International Anti-Corruption Day is observed annually on December 9 to raise awareness about corruption and ways through which it can be reduced. The day also aims to create awareness of the role of the UN Convention against Corruption and its role in combating and preventing corruption. The day also highlights the need to eradicate corruption. Theme of International Anti-Corruption Day 2020– ‘Recover with Integrity’.
- When was the Indian Navy’s annual Submarine Day Observed?
1) 15th December
2) 15th November
3) 8th September
4) 8th December
5) 30th November
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) 8th December
Indian Navy annually observes the Submarine Day on 8th December to remember and honour the submarines and martyrs of Indian Navy who lost their lives to serve the nation. The day marks the birth of the Submarine Arm of Indian navy and commemorates the induction of the first submarine, Indian Naval Ship(INS) Kalvari, a foxtrot class submarine, into the Indian Navy in 1967. This year also marks the commencement of the 50th year of INS Virbahu, which provided the operational, logistic and administrative support to the submarines at Visakhapatnam.
- On December 8, 2020, the Army Service Corps (ASC) celebrated its 260th Corps Day or Raising Day at ______.
1) CGO Complex, New Delhi
2) Western Command Chandimandir, Haryana
3) Integrated Defence Headquarters, New Delhi
4) AALCC, New Delhi
5) Defence Services Staff College, New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Western Command Chandimandir, Haryana
On December 8, 2020, the Army Service Corps (ASC) celebrated its 260th Corps Day or Raising Day at Headquarters Western Command Chandimandir (Chandi Mandir Cantonment) in Panchkula, Haryana. The occasion was marked by a wreath laying ceremony at “Veer Smriti”.
- Who is the winner of 2020 Goldman Environmental Prize from Asia?
1) Hans Cosmas Ngoteya, Tanzania
2) Paul Sein Twa, Myanmar
3) Malaika Vaz, India
4) Gloria Chang, Hong Kong
5) Eddie Chu, China
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Paul Sein Twa, Myanmar
The 2020 Goldman Environmental Prize ceremony was held virtually on November 30, 2020 which recognizes six grassroots environmental activists annually from each of the world’s six continents viz. Africa, Asia, Europe, Islands & Island Nations, North America, and South & Central America. The prize is also known as the “Green Nobel Prize”.
List of Winners:
• Paul Sein Twa, Myanmar (Asia)
• Nemonte Nenquimo, Ecuador (South America)
• Lucie Pinson, France (Europe)
• Leydy Pech, Mexico
• Kristal Ambrose, The Bahamas (North America)
• Chibeze Ezekiel, Ghana (Africa)
- Which Island of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef was under threat due to Australian Bushfire on December, 2020?
1) Heron Island
2) Bedarra Island
3) Hayman Island
4) Fraser island
5) Dunk Island
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Fraser island
Australia bushfire threatens township on World Heritage-listed Fraser island sparked by an illegal campfire seven weeks ago, the blaze has blackened half the island off Australia’s north eastern coast, which is part of the Great Barrier Reef and famed for its tropical rainforest on sand dunes, and inland lakes.
- Which digital education platform will be used by WCF and Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) to provide digital education for India’s youth and children on Cybersafety?
3) Digital Defense
5) Cyberops Lab
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) CyberSmart
WCF (WNS Cares Foundation), the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) wing of Private firm WNS Global Services has partnered with Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL), an initiative under Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog for providing training to India’s children and youth on cybersafety. WCF will provide digital education through its platform CyberSmart. ATL will use CyberSmart platform and digital programs of WCF in its network of around 6, 500 schools to educate students on cybersecurity and other relevant areas.
- What is the name of mobile app launched by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for real-time monitoring of Covid-19 vaccine delivery?
2) Corona Tracer
4) BEAT Covid
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Co-WIN
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) has developed ‘Co-WIN’ – A Digital Platform & Mobile Application for real-time monitoring of COVID-19 vaccine delivery and recording data. The platform can be used by the people to register themselves for vaccination. The app can also send real-time data of temperature of cold-storage facilities to the main server. Co-WIN will also help the Government to monitor the entire vaccination process. Co-WIN app will have 5 modules – administrator, registration, vaccination, beneficiary acknowledgement & report.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the First Female Judge at the Supreme Court of India?
1) Leila Seth
2) Bula Choudhury
3) Sujata Manohar
4) Gyan Sudha Misra
5) Fathima Beevi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Fathima Beevi
M. Fathima Beevi (born 30 April 1927) is a former judge of the Supreme Court of India. Appointed to the apex Court in 1989, she became the first female judge to be a part of the Supreme court of India.
- Which is the highest Peak in Mizo hills?
1) Chin Hills
2) Patkai Bum
3) Khasi Hills
4) Lushai Hills
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Phawngpui
Phawngpui also known as Blue Mountain, is the highest mountain peak in the Mizo Hills (Lushai Hills) and in the state of Mizoram, India.
- Who was the Chief of Naval Staffs in December, 2020?
1) Bimal Verma
2) Manoj Mukund Naravane
3) Bipin Rawat
4) Karambir Singh
5) Sunil Lanba
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Karambir Singh
Admiral Karambir Singh, PVSM, AVSM, ADC, is the 24th and current Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) of the Indian Navy. The “Grey Eagle” of the Navy, he replaced Admiral Sunil Lanba as the CNS.
- Who is the Chief Executive Officer of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
1) Greg Barclay
2) Manu Sawhney
3) Imran Khwaja
4) Shashank Manohar
5) N. Srinivasan
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) Manu Sawhney
Manu Sawhney became the fifth Chief Executive of the ICC on 1 April 2019 succeeding David Richardson who had held the role since June 2012.
- Who is the Minister of State (MoS) in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) on December, 2020?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Ramesh Pokhriyal
3) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
4) Jitendra Singh
5) Faggan Singh Kulaste
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Ashwini Kumar Choubey is Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare and a member of the 17th Lok Sabha.