We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 1 June 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM Modi Inaugurates India’s Biggest Drone Festival Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 in New Delhi
On May 27, 2022, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s biggest Drone Festival, Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022, at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, Delhi.
i.The two-day Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 took place on May 27–28, 2022.
ii.Over 1600 participants attended the Mahotsav, including government officials, foreign diplomats, armed forces, central armed police forces, Public Sector Units (PSUs), private companies, drone start-ups, and others.
At the Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 in New Delhi, ePlane Company, an aviation and aerospace component manufacturing company, displayed a static prototype of the ‘e200’ – India’s first flying taxi.
At the Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 in New Delhi, Larsen & Toubro (L & T) inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NewSpace Research & Technologies (NRT), a Bengaluru (Karnataka) based start-up.
About Ministry of Civil Aviation:
Union Minister – Jyotiraditya M. Scindia (Rajya Sabha – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – General (Retd.) Vijay Kumar Singh (Ghaziabad constituency, Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
Union Government extended PMEGP till FY26 with an outlay of Rs 13,554.42 Crore
On May 30 2022, The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) was extended for continuation till the financial year (FY) 2025-26 with the total outlay of approx. Rs 13554.42 Crore, with an aim of creating sustainable employment opportunities for about 40 lakh persons in five financial years.
- The extension of the scheme is over the 15th Finance Commission Cycle for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- All the States and Union Territories will be covered under the Scheme
About Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP):
i.The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) implemented to facilitate generation of employment opportunities for unemployed youth across the country by assisting the setting up of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector.
ii.The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is the national level nodal agency. At the State or District level State office of KVIC, State Khadi & Village Industry Boards (KVIB) and District Industry Centres (DIC) are the implementing agencies.
iii.Coir Board is the implementing Agency for the Coir Units.
>> Read Full News
PM Releases Benefits Under ‘PM CARES For Children Scheme’ For Kids Orphaned In COVID-19 Pandemic
The Prime Minister launched the PM CARES for Children Scheme on May 29, 2021.
- It aims to help children who have lost both their parents or legal guardians, adoptive parents, or surviving parents as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic between March 11th, 2020, and February 28th, 2022.
i.The scheme provides Rs.4,000 per month for basic requirements, as well as financial assistance for schooling, a higher education scholarship.
ii.PM CARES also provides educational loans to children for professional courses or higher education.
iii. There were 9,042 applicants across 33 states and 611 districts, according to the dashboard on the PM CARES for Children website. Of them, 4345 were approved across 31 states and 557 districts.
About Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) :
Union Minister – Smriti Zubin Irani (Amethi Constituency, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai (Surendranagar Constituency, Gujarat)
>> Read Full News
NHA Launches ABDM Public Dashboard for Real-Time Information Sharing
The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) launched ABDM public dashboard for real-time information sharing and to act as a one-stop solution for information on the ABDM’s progress at state or Union Territory(UT) level.
- The dashboard will display information on core registries under the mission such as – Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) numbers, Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Health Facility Registry (HFR).
- The ABDM is built on the core principles of accessibility, transparency, inclusivity and interoperability.
The ABDM public dashboard displays the relevant updated information regarding the schemes in the public domain to ensure all stakeholders have transparent access to data. They can easily access the public dashboard from the ABDM website or directly at the official site Click Here.
i.The dashboard also has granular details about the number of health facilities like hospitals, laboratories etc. registered daily or cumulatively. Also, partner-wise data of ABHA numbers generated and digital health records linked are made available.
ii.The ABHA numbers generated on national, State or Union Territory levels are further segregated on the basis of gender and age and displayed in the dashboard.
iii.The ABHA number generation facility is also available via several popular digital health applications like CoWIN, Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), Aarogya Setu, Government of Andhra Pradesh, e-Sushrut Railway Hospital, etc.
iv.For HFR , dashboard shows the data in infographics based on ownership (government or private), systems of medicine (Modern Medicine – Allopathy, Ayurveda, Sowa- Rigpa, Physiotherapy, Unani, Dentistry, Siddha, Homoeopathy etc.) and state-wise facilities registered under the ABDM.
v.For HPR ,dashboard shows data segregation on the basis of employment type – government or private sector, systems of medicine and the states or Union Territory from where the applications have been received.
- The ABDM sandbox portal has a dashboard section that shares details of the integrators/ health tech service providers/ apps that have already integrated with ABDM and are registered as ABDM partners.
National AI Portal Celebrates Its Second Anniversary
The second-year anniversary of ‘National AI Portal (https://indiaai.gov.in)’ is celebrated on May 30, 2022, where AI means Artificial Intelligence.
- During an event , INDIAai released a book on the basics of AI titled ‘AI for Everyone’. The booklet aims to provide free and open AI literacy to the community of young minds and new learners to enable them in their aspirations beyond the digital divide.
i.The National AI Portal is a joint initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM). The IndiaAI portal was launched by then Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad on May 30 2020.
ii.The portal focuses on creating and nurturing a unified AI ecosystem in the country to drive excellence and leadership in knowledge creation to develop an AI-ready robust workforce for the future and application of the AI to foster economic growth.
iii.The portal has played a crucial role in nurturing the AI ecosystem through numerous impactful initiatives.
- Such initiatives are called the lab2market, Women in AI Roundtable, AI patent report, Responsible AI handbook for startups, Responsible AI Startups survey, podcasts, and the AI Standards.
iv.The virtual event featured a fireside chat between Ms Debjani Ghosh, President, NASSCOM and Shri Abhishek Singh, President and CEO, National eGovernance Division (NeGD).
About National eGovernance Division (NeGD)
i.In 2009, the National e-Governance Division was created by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation.
- President & Chief Executive Officer – Shri Abhishek Singh, IAS
BRO’s Project Vartak Completed Excavation of Nechiphu Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh
Project Vartak of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has completed the excavation of the Nechiphu Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh the last blast was virtually initiated by Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhry Director General Border Roads (DGBR).
- The 500-meter Nechiphu tunnel along Balipara-Charduar-Tawang (BCT) Road (between Km 82.00 to 88.00) at an altitude of 5700 feet is being constructed by BRO.
- This D-shaped, Single Tube Double Lane Tunnel, with modern lighting and safety facilities, will accommodate two-way traffic.
- Under Project Vartak, the excavation of the Sela Tunnel(Twin tube – 1,555 meter and 980 meter) and Nechiphu tunnels on BCT road connecting Balipara to Tawang was completed in 18 months.
- This aims to improve existing road geometrics, avoid foggy areas, circumvent slide prone areas and offer greater safety.
Supreme Court of India Recognised Sex Work as a “Profession”
The Supreme Court of India has recognised sex work as a “Profession”, whose practitioners are entitled to dignity and equal protection under the law.
The 3-judge bench led by Justice L. Nageswara Rao directed an order passed after invoking special powers under Article 142 of the Constitution.
- The court has stated that police should neither interfere nor take criminal action against adult and consenting sex workers
- The court also stated that a child of a sex worker should not be separated from the mother on the ground that she is in the sex trade.
- Section 354C, Indian Penal Code(IPC), introdced in 2020, makes voyeurism a criminal offence, should be strictly enforced against electronic media, in order to prohibit telecasting photos of sex workers with their clients in the garb of capturing the rescue operation
Part 2- Highlights of WEF Annual Meeting 2022 in Davos;MoUs Signed By Indian States
As we have already gone through the Part 1 of World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting 2022 that was held in Davos, Switzerland. Now here we are providing the detail of agreements signed with Indian states during the meeting.
i.The Indian state of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has signed renewables investment pacts worth around $16 billion with three companies’ viz. Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL), Greenko, Singapore’s GIC sovereign wealth fund; and Aurobindo Realty & Infrastructure Pvt Ltd.
ii.The Maharashtra Government in the 10th edition of its Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 programme at Maharashtra Pavilion in WEF 2022 signed 23 MoUs (Memoranda of Understanding) amounting to USD 4 billion (Rs 30,379 crore).
iii.Gurugram (Haryana) based Renewable energy firm ReNew Power signed a MoU with the Karnataka government at the WEF 2022 to invest Rs 50,000 crore in the state over the next 7 years.
iv.The Telangana Minister for IT and Industries Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao along with his delegation was on a 10-day trip to the UK and Davos during which the state attracted investments worth over Rs 4,200 crore.
v.Pfizer Inc. launched ‘An Accord for a Healthier World. to provide all of Pfizer’s patented, high-quality medicines and vaccines available in the U.S. or the European Union on a not-for-profit basis to 1.2 billion people in 45 lower-income countries.
About World Economic Forum (WEF):
Founder and Executive Chairman– Klaus Schwab
Headquarters– Cologny/Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Tata AIA Life Announces Industry-First Smart Value Income Plan
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIA Life), a joint venture between Tata Sons Pvt. Ltd. and AIA Group Ltd. (AIA), has announced the ‘Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Value Income Plan’, which is the first of its kind in the industry.
- It’s a participating, non-linked life insurance savings plan where the bonus can be adjusted against premium payments.
It offers a number of first-to-market features, as well as best-in-class regular and stable income possibilities, allowing customers to plan for their financial future and create wealth for long-term goals.
Features of Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Value Income Plan
i.Cash bonus from Month 1: Consumers have the option of receiving cash bonuses from the first month of policy purchase and continuing to collect bonuses even if they are unable to pay premiums due to a loss of pay or income.
ii.Premium Offset feature: A policyholder who has chosen the regular premium payment option can change the premium payable against cash bonuses, as long as the frequency and timing of the bonus payments match the premium payment.
iii. In-built Sub-Wallet: This enables customers to accumulate cash bonuses and to withdraw the bonus amount as needed.
iv.Life Protect feature: Under this feature, if the policy becomes paid-up owing to non-payment of premiums, Tata AIA will continue to offer the Sum Assured set by the customer.
v.Special benefit for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME) owners and Women Entrepreneurs: It’s a first-of-its-kind feature for SMEs, with the extra benefit of preferential rate on policy-backed loans. The policy also provides a special discount of 1% on policy loan interest rates for female entrepreneurs.
vi.In addition, the plan offers a significant maturity advantage.
vii.Individuals between the age group of 1 and 65 can buy the Smart Value Income Plan, with a maximum maturity age of 100 years. The policyholder may also be eligible for tax advantages under Sections 80 C and 10 (10 D) of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
About Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIA Life):
MD & CEO – Naveen Tahilyani
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
SEBI restructured its Risk Management Review Committee
The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its Risk Management Review Committee (RMRC) which reviews the risk management framework for the Cash and Derivatives (including Commodity derivatives). The 14 members committee will be headed by Professor Jayanth R Varma of Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
i.The Committee includes members of SEBI officials, Managing Directors of NSE Clearing Limited, Indian Clearing Corporation Limited (ICCL), Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Limited (MCCIL), Multi Commodity Exchange Clearing Corporation Limited (MCXCCL), National Commodity Clearing Limited, Clearing Corporation of India Limited, and the President of Commodity Participants Association of India (CPAI).
ii.The Other members of the committee are Sriram Krishnan, Managing Director, Head of Securities Services at Deutsche Bank, Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, Kuryan G Stephanos, Vice President – Finance and Management Information Systems at ITC Limited and Gopalarathinam, Head Commercial and Bullion Management of Titan Company Limited.
Terms of Reference:
The committee has been entrusted with the task of –
- Recommending changes if required in the margin system,
- consider and suggest measures in reducing transmission of risk from other segments and review the investor protection measure in the stock exchanges related to risk management.
- Also, it will be responsible for recommending changes if required in the regulatory framework related to risk management for the cash and derivatives segment.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
i.It is the regulatory body for securities and commodity markets in India under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
ii.It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairperson – Madhabi Puri Buch
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Maharashtra & UP Tops in GST Registrations by Businesses & Dealers
According to the official data from the government of India(GoI) on the aggregate Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations in the 2017-2022 period, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh(UP) have topped in the GST registration by businesses and dealers followed by Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- According to the data, Maharashtra has 1.48 million normal GST payers while UP has 1.33 million GST payers.
- Including the smaller traders who pay taxes on a quarterly basis UP has 1.69 million GST registrations and Maharashtra has 1.6 million registrations.
- Gujarat has 1.09 million normal and composition taxpayers and Tamil Nadu has 1.06 million GST registrations.
- UP has the largest share of small businesses with over 357000 composition dealers, While Maharashtra and Rajasthan have around 122000 and 137000 composition dealers respectively.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Government Re-Established The Central Advisory Board On Archaeology
The Central Advisory Board on Archaeology (CABA) was reconstituted by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), with the Union Minister of Culture as chairperson and members including officials from the Culture Ministry and ASI, Members of Parliament, nominees of State governments, representatives from universities, scientists, and experts on the Indus Valley script.
- The board comprises five persons nominated in their personal capacities by the Government of India along with a Former Director-Generals of ASI.
i.CABA was reconstituted by The President for a three year term.
ii.The main objective for reconstitution was to promote closer contacts between the Archaeological Survey of India and the Indian Universities to conduct the researches.
iii.The board would meet once in a year and its functions would include advising the Central Government on matters relating to Archaeology.
About Union Ministry of Culture
Ministers responsible – G. Kishan Reddy (Constituency : Secunderabad ,Telangana)
Minister of State – Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal , and Meenakshi Lekhi
Justice PK Mohanty gets Additional Charge as Lokpal Chairperson
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, has given justice Pradip Kumar (PK) Mohanty the additional charge of Lokpal chairperson after Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose completed his term as Chairperson of Lokpal on 27th May 2022. Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose was appointed as the 1st chairperson of Lokpal in 2019.
Justice Mohanty, former Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, has been serving as Member (Judicial), Lokpal since March 2019.
The Lokpal is headed by a chairperson and can have 8 members. At present, there are 6 members in the Lokpal.
- The chairperson of Lokpal and members are appointed for a term of 5 years or until attaining the age of 70 years.
- The members and Chief of Lokpal are appointed by the President of India following the recommendations of the selection committee headed by the Prime Minister and consists of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha; Leader of Opposition; Chief Justice of India or a judge of the Supreme Court nominated by him and a jurist recommended by the chairperson and members of the selection panel.
Pankaj Sharma Appointed as Part-Time Member of PFRDA
The government of India(GoI) has appointed Pankaj Sharma, the joint Secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS) as a part-time member of the Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA). He succeeds erstwhile DFS Additional Secretary Vandita Kaul, 1989 batch Indian Postal Service (IPoS) officer, who was repatriated to her parent cadre.
- PFRDA consist of a Chairman, 3 whole-time members and 3 part-time members.
- At present only 2 part-time members posts are filled up, Anne George Matthew, Additional Secretary in Finance Ministry is the other part-time member.
- Out of the 3 whole-time members, 2 posts (law and Economics) became vacant on 31st May 2022.
GoI has also appointed Suchindra Mishra, Additional Secretary in DFS as a member of the International Financial Services Authority (IFSCA) board and Shashank Saxena, Senior Economic Advisor in Department of Economic Affairs as a member of IFSCA.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
PARAM ANANTA Supercomputer Commissioned at IITGN, Gujarat
PARAM ANANTA, a state-of-the art Supercomputer has been commissioned at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN),Gujarat under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- This Supercomputer was commissioned by Smt. Sunita Verma, Group Coordinator & Scientist ‘G’, MeitY.
- The 838 teraflops (TF) Supercomputing System is powered with 7400 CPU cores, 52TB RAM, 1PiB of storage space, and an enormous power of GPU nodes along with the usual software stack required to run high-end simulations.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between IIT Gandhinagar and Centre for Development in Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in October 2020 to establish this 838 TeraFlops Supercomputing Facility under NSM.
i.Through this MoU, PARAM ANANTA is developed which is based on Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology equipped with a mix of CPU nodes, GPU nodes, High Memory nodes, High throughput storage and high performance InfiniBand interconnect to cater the computing needs of various scientific and engineering applications.
ii.PARAM ANANTA Supercomputing Facility will be of great benefit to the institute.
- It caters in applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Data Science, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Applied mathematics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Material Sciences, and Quantum Mechanics.
iii.The PARAM ANANTA supercomputing facility was created as part of Phase 2 of the NSM, with the majority of the components used to build this system manufactured and installed in India, as well as an indigenous software stack developed by C-DAC, in accordance with the Make in India policy.
Note: The supercomputer Param Ananta will rank behind C-DAC’s Param Siddhi-AI, which as of November 2021 was the 102nd most powerful supercomputer in the world — with peak performance capability of 3.3 petaflops.
About National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
It was established in 2015 by the Government of India. India is developing supercomputers at low cost with its PARAM series.
- The Mission is being jointly steered by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and implemented by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Pune, and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
- Under NSM, till date 15 supercomputers have been installed across the nation with aggregate compute capacity of 24 petaflops. All these supercomputers have been manufactured in India and operating on indigenously developed software stack.
- Supercomputers, the fastest computers in the world. Unlike traditional computers, supercomputers use more than one central processing unit (CPU). These CPUs are grouped into compute nodes, comprising a processor or a group of processors—symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)—and a memory block.
2022 Norway Chess Blitz Tournament Won by GM Wesley So; GM Viswanathan Anand Secured Fourth
On May 30 2022, The Filipino-American chess Grandmaster (GM) Wesley Barbossa So won the 10th edition of the 2022 Norway Chess Blitz tournament held in Finansparken, Stavanger, Norway.
- The Indian GM Viswanathan Anand defeated Norwegian GM Magnus Carlsen in round seven of the blitz event and secured fourth position.
i.The Norway Chess 2022 will take place between May 30 to June 10 2022. It consists of Blitz tournament and Classical tournament.
ii.According to the FIDE (International Federation of Chess) Laws of Chess, the Blitz tournament was played to decide the play order for the main tournament and the winner has the right to choose the number in the table on his own.
iii.The first edition of the Norway Chess was held in 2013.
|1||GM Wesley Barbossa So||USA|
|2||GM Magnus Carlsen||Norway|
|3||GM Anish Giri||Dutch|
|4||GM Viswanathan Anand||India|
World No Tobacco Day 2022 – May 31
World No Tobacco Day(WNTD) is annually observed across the globe on 31st May to create awareness about the harmful effects of using tobacco and inform the public about the dangers of tobacco use and the business practices of tobacco companies.
- The observance of World No Tobacco Day is led by the World Health Organisation(WHO).
The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2022 is “Tobacco: Threat to our environment”.
i.In 1987, the member states of WHO created the observance of World No Tobacco Day to highlight the tobacco epidemic and the preventable death and disease it causes.
ii.The World Health Assembly(WHA) adopted the resolution WHA40.38 in 1987 and proclaimed the 7th April of every year as World No Smoking Day.
iii.In 1988, WHA passed a resolution WHA42.19 and called for the celebration of 31st May of every year as World No Tobacco Day.
>> Read Full News
World Digestive Health Day 2022 – May 29
World Digestive Health Day is annually observed across the globe on 29th May to highlight the importance of digestive health and create awareness about digestive disorders and diseases and promote the prevention, prevalence, diagnosis, management and treatment of the disease.
- The day also marks the anniversary of the World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO) foundation.
The theme of World Digestive Health Day 2022 is “Colorectal Cancer Prevention: Getting Back on Track”.
About World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO):
President– Professor Guilherme Macedo (Portugal)
Headquarters– Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America(USA)
>> Read Full News
International Everest Day 2022 – May 29
International Everest Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 29th May to commemorate the first summit of Mount Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay, a Nepali-Indian Sherpa mountaineer on 29th May 1953.
The day recognises and celebrates the achievement of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
i.In 2008, the year Sir Edmund Hillary passed away, the government of Nepal has decided to proclaim the 29th May of every year as the International Everest Day.
ii.The celebration of International Everest Day is a special event which is a part of the promotion of Nepal’s tourism.
>> Read Full News
Maharashtra Became Top in Sugar Production in India
Maharashtra became the India’s top sugar producer after a five-year gap, followed by Uttar Pradesh (UP) in the lead. During the current season of 2021-22, the state is crushing the highest amount of cane and producing the highest ever amount of sugar. Till date, Maharashtra has crushed 1194.75 lt of cane and produced 124.75 lt of sugar.
i.The first is the abundant rainfall Maharashtra has received since the start of the 2019 southwest monsoon season (June-September).
- Resulting in the filling of reservoirs and refilled groundwater aquifers has prompted farmers to cultivate more sugarcane as a crop that lasts 12-18 months.
ii.The second is due to the farmer’s extra care for their cultivation along with the third which is due to the huge jump in “unregistered” cane cultivation.
iii.The high amount of sugar production is the result of record per hectare productivity.
iv.The new move in Uttar Pradesh Policy to utilise the sugarcane for ethanol production to augment bio-fuels is also a main reason for the elevation of Maharashtra as top sugar producer.
Vandita Sharma Appointed as Karnataka’s 39th Chief Secretary
The Government of Karnataka has appointed Vandita Sharma, a 1986-batch IAS officer, as the 39th Chief Secretary(CS) of Karnataka. She took over as the new CS from incumbent P Ravi Kumar on 31st May 2022. She will hold the office till November 2023.
- She is currently serving as the additional chief secretary-cum-development commissioner, Government of Karnataka.
- Vandita Sharma, hailing from Punjab, is the 4th woman to be appointed as the CS of Karnataka after Theresa Bhattacharya, Malati Das and K Ratna Prabha.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 1 June 2022|
|1||PM Modi Inaugurates India’s Biggest Drone Festival Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 in New Delhi|
|2||Union Government extended PMEGP till FY26 with an outlay of Rs 13,554.42 Crore; to create 40 lakh jobs|
|3||PM Releases Benefits Under ‘PM CARES For Children Scheme’ For Kids Orphaned In COVID-19 Pandemic|
|4||NHA Launches ABDM Public Dashboard for Real-Time Information Sharing|
|5||National AI Portal Celebrates Its Second Anniversary|
|6||BRO’s Project Vartak Completed Excavation of Nechiphu Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh|
|7||Supreme Court of India Recognised Sex Work as a “Profession”|
|8||Part 2- Highlights of WEF Annual Meeting 2022 in Davos;MoUs Signed By Indian States|
|9||Tata AIA Life Announces Industry-First Smart Value Income Plan|
|10||SEBI restructured its Risk Management Review Committee|
|11||Maharashtra & UP Tops in GST Registrations by Businesses & Dealers|
|12||Government Re-Established The Central Advisory Board On Archaeology|
|13||Justice PK Mohanty gets Additional Charge as Lokpal Chairperson|
|14||Pankaj Sharma Appointed as Part-Time Member of PFRDA|
|15||PARAM ANANTA Supercomputer Commissioned at IITGN,Gujarat|
|16||2022 Norway Chess Blitz Tournament Won by GM Wesley So; GM Viswanathan Anand Secured Fourth|
|17||World No Tobacco Day 2022 – May 31|
|18||World Digestive Health Day 2022 – May 29|
|19||International Everest Day 2022 – May 29|
|20||Maharashtra became top in Sugar Production|
|21||Vandita Sharma Appointed as Karnataka’s 39th Chief Secretary|