[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- Liberal Indian CEO Satya Nadella gets Champion of Change award from Obama
- Ten MoUs signed on final day of Naidu China visit
- India ranks 125th in the world for Fixed Broadband Penetration
- Nation celebrates 162nd year of dedicated services from Indian Railways
- R.B.I grants banks freedom to fix Interest rates for term-deposits above Rs.15-Lakhs
- World Hemophilia Day – April 17 2015
DoNER Ministry wins Web Ratna Award 2014
- The Union Ministry for Development of North East Region (DoNER) headed by its Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh, has received the Union Ministry of Information Technology (IT) Award for outstanding Website content.
- The Award titled “Web Ratna Award 2014” under the category of outstanding content was conferred here in recognition of the exemplary efforts made by the DoNER Ministry for promoting e-governance initiatives.(http://doner.gov.in)
Volkswagen plans to make India low-cost export hub
- German auto major Volkswagen is planning to make India a low-cost manufacturing hub, catering to both the emerging as well as developed markets.
- Also, as part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the company will be investing Rs 1,500 crore for localisation and produce cost effective product.
Pakistan and Russia agreed to hold first-ever joint military exercise
- Pakistan and Russia have agreed to hold first-ever joint military exercises as part of their enhanced defence cooperation, in a sign of increasing bonhomie between the Cold War-era adversaries.
- Pakistan Defence Minister : Khawaja Asif
- Russian Defence Minister : Sergei Shoigu
New visa scheme for tourists from Sri Lanka
- India has launched e-tourist Visa Scheme (eTV) aimed at making visa facility easier for India-bound Sri Lankans.
Business & Finance
RBI to launch Rs. 10 coins on centenary of Gandhi’s return from SA
- The Reserve Bank will launch Rs. 10 coins to commemorate the centenary of return of Mahatma Gandhi to India from South Africa.
- The Government of India has minted the coins which the Reserve Bank of India will shortly put into circulation.
Global Networked Readiness Index
- India has slipped six places to rank 89th on a Global Networked Readiness Index, showing a “widespread” weakness in its potential to leverage information and communications technologies for social and economic gains.
- While Singapore has replaced Finland on the top of the 143-nation list, prepared by World Economic Forum (WEF).
Zomato acquires Delhi based data firm MaplePOS
- Online restaurant guide Zomato acquired MaplePOS, a cloud-based point of sale product for restaurants developed by Delhi based MapleGraph.
- After the acquisition, Zomato has renamed MaplePOS product to ‘Zomato Base’ which will help the company and its restaurant partners to manage business into online orders and payments.
- MaplePos, a sale product offers various features of restaurants such as inventory and menu management, and has in-built payment solution to accept debit and credit card payments.
- MapleGraph was founded in 2011 by Varun Tangri, Arun Tangri and Abhishek Rohilla.
India remains at number two spot in the latest ICC ODI rankings.
- With 122 points, Australia topped the chart.
- With 116 points, India are placed just six points behind Australia.
- India are followed by South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, England, Pakistan.
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has suspended the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI)
- IPC has suspended the PCI for an indefinite period
- Problem started when PCI came under the scanner for providing inadequate and poor facilities during the National Para-Athletics Championships last month in Ghaziabad.
- IPC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Xavier Gonzalez on April 15 wrote in a letter, made public on Friday, to PCI president Rajesh Tomar saying that they are suspending the NSF.
Czechoslovakia hockey great Jaroslav Holik dies
- Jaroslav Holik, an offensive forward who helped Czechoslovakia win a hockey world title and an Olympic bronze medal in 1972, has died. He was 72.
Vijendra Gupta appointed LoP in Delhi Assembly
- Bharatiya Janata Party Rohini legislator Vijender Gupta was appointed the chief of opposition within
the Delhi meeting.
Sanjay Bhattacharyya appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Arab Republic of Egypt
- Shri Sanjay Bhattacharyya, (IFS:1987), presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Arab Republic of Egypt.
Rahul Shrivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Shri Rahul Shrivastava, (IFS:1999), presently Counsellor in the Embassy of India, Moscow, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Sandeep Kumar appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia
- Sandeep Kumar, presently Joint secretary (WANA), has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia.