- The West Bengal Government will bear a subsidy of INR 15 per plate.
- The meal consisting of a plate of rice, dal, a vegetable and egg curry will be given at a first-come-first-serve-basis at community kitchens operated by self-help groups.
- The Canteens will be open from 1 PM to 3 PM every day.
i.Maa Kitchens have started functioning at a few places in Kolkata and districts such as Malda, Dakshin Dinajpur, Paschim Medinipur and Howrah.
ii.In September 2020, West Bengal had launched an initiative named ‘Didir Rannaghar’ in the state to provide meals at INR 5 to migrant workers who had lost jobs during the lockdown.
During the CM launched other initiatives also, they are
- Four Information & Technology (IT) park of WEBEL (West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corporation Limited)
- 100-bed Mother and Child hub at Chittaranjan Seva Sadan Hospital in Kolkata
Recent Related News:
i.On October 1, 2020 West Bengal (WB) Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched ‘Pathashree Abhijan’ scheme for Road Repair.
About West Bengal:
Lakes – Mirik Lake, Rabindra Sarobar Lake & Senchal Lake
Rivers – Hooghly, Teesta