- The awards are provided a grant of INR 15 Lakhs for a period of 3 years (INR 5 Lakhs/annum) to pursue their research ideas.
- The awards were announced on occasion of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021 (11th February, 2021).
|Awardees||Designation & Place||Area of Expertise|
|Shobhna Kapoor||Assistant Professor at IIT, Bombay||
|Dr. Antara Banerjee||Scientist B National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health, Mumbai, Maharashtra||
|Dr. Sonu Gandhi||Scientist D from National Institute Of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad||
|Dr. Ritu Gupta||Assistant Professor at IIT Jodhpur, Rajasthan||
i.The Women Excellence Awards were launched by SERB in 2013 to encourage basic research in science & engineering
ii.It is a one-time award given to women scientists who are below the age of 40 years of age & have received recognitions from National Academies such as Young Scientist Medal, Young Associateship.
iii.The list of National Sciences Academies from which they are selected are
- Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
- Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore
- National Academy of Science, Allahabad
- Indian National Academy of Engineering, New Delhi
- National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi
Recent Related News:
i.On October 29, 2020 Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology e-launched a scheme titled ‘SERB-POWER’,which is designed exclusively for women scientists.
About Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB):
SERB is a statutory body established through an Act of Parliament, SERB Act 2008 under Department of Science and Technology.
Secretary – Professor Sandeep Verma
Headquarters – New Delhi