Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten persons – P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X and Y are sitting in two rows with five persons in each row. In Row – 1, the persons are facing south and in Row – 2, the persons are facing north. Each person in row one faces a person from the other row. All of them have a car of different companies, viz Honda, Hyundai, Ford, Fiat, Chevrolet, Audi, BMW, Toyoto, Renault and Maruti but not necessarily in the same order.
- There is only one person stands between Q and R. The persons who like Chevrolet and Audi sit opposite each other. U sits opposite to P, who owns Honda.
- The one who owns Hyundai sits opposite the one who owns Toyoto. Y is not facing the north but sits third to the left of V, who owns Hyundai.The one who likes Fiat sits opposite to the one who is second to the right of Q.
- X does not like Maruti. T sits at one of the ends of the row and owns Audi. The one who owns Toyoto is on the immediate right of S, who does not own Maruti.
- The persons who own Ford and Fiat are not facing the north direction. R owns BMW car. T sits opposite to the one who sits second to the left of the person who owns Ford.
- S owns which of the following brand of car?
E. None of the above
AnswerAnswer – A. Renault
- How many persons sit between S and R?
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of the above
AnswerAnswer – B. Two
- Which of the following statements is/are true?
A. W owns Maruti and sits at one of the ends of the row.
B. U sits on the immediate left of the one who owns Hyundai.
C. The one who owns Renault sits on the immediate left of the one who owns Maruti.
D. Only (A) and (B)
E. Only (B) and (C)
AnswerAnswer – D. Only (A) and (B)
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which one of the following does not belong to that group?
A. W, S
B. U, P
C. V, P
D. X, R
E. V, Q
AnswerAnswer – C. V, P
- Who among the following sit at the extreme ends of the row?
A. Y, X
B. W, T
C. W, R
D. S, U
E. None of the above
AnswerAnswer – B. W, T
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight colleagues A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. Each one of them holds a different post viz. Manager, Company Secretary,Chairman, President, Vice – President, Group Leader, Financial Advisor and Managing Director but not necessarily in the same order.
- A sits third to the right of the Managing Director. A is not the Chairman. E is not an immediate neighbour of H. C sits on the immediate right of the Chairman.
- Neither A nor H is a Vice – President or a Company Secretary. Vice –President is not an immediate neighbour of the Managing Director. The Manager sits second to the left of E.
- The Manager is an immediate neighbour of the both Group Leader and the Financial Advisor. The Financial Advisor sits third to the right of B. B is not the Vice – President.
- F is not an immediate neighbour of A. G is not an immediate neighbour of the Manager. Only two people sit between the Managing Director and H. The Vice – President and the Company Secretary are immediate neighbours of each other.
- Who amongst the following sits third to the left of E?
A. The Manager
D. The Financial Advisor
AnswerAnswer – D. The Financial Advisor
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and thus form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
A. F – Chairman
B. G – President
C. D – Manager
D. A – Financial Advisor
E. B – Managing Director
AnswerAnswer – E. B – Managing Director
- Who amongst the following is the President of the company?
AnswerAnswer – A. A
- Which of the following is true with respect to the given seating arrangement?
A. The Group Leader of the company is an immediate neighbour of the Vice – President
B. G sits second to right of D
C. The Group Leader and the Company Secretary are immediate neighbours of each other
D. The Chairman of the company sits to the immediate left of the Managing Director
E. The Group Leader sits second to the left of D
AnswerAnswer – D. The Chairman of the company sits to the immediate left of the Managing Director
- Which of the following posts does B holds in the company?
C. Company Secretary
D. Vice – President
E. Financial Advisor
AnswerAnswer – C. Company Secretary