President Pranab Mukherjee has implemented the Uttarakhand Appropriation (Vote on Account) Ordinance, 2016 which sanctions expenditure that has come under direct federal rule because of a political crisis.
- The decision in this regard has been taken at the Union cabinet meeting, which was chaired by Union home minister Rajnath Singh.
- Now, in order to meet the state’s expenditure during 2016-17, the ordinance permitted the withdrawal of about Rs.13, 642.43 crore from and out of the Consolidated Fund of the state.
About President’s Rule:
President’s rule” refers to the imposition of Article 356 of the Constitution of India on a State whose constitutional machinery has failed. When a State government is not able to function as per the Constitution, the State comes under the direct control of the central government or President.
- Capital – Dehradun
- Earlier name – Uttaranchal
- Dehradun Nickname – School Capital of India
- Mussoorie Nickname – Queen of the Mountains
- Rishikesh nickname – City of Sages, Yoga City
- Former CM – Harish Rawat