Prime Minister Modi inaugurated three state-run mega hydro power of 1,752 MW capacity in Himachal Pradesh during his day-long maiden visit to the state.He dedicated the 520 Megawatt generation capacity third phase of Parbati hydro power project, 412 Megawatt Rampur project and 800 Megawatt Kol Dam power project to the nation.
- He lauded the Indian armed forces for their valour and successfully carrying out the surgical strike at Pakistani terrorist bases in PoK.
- Lauding the armed forces, the prime minister said that earlier we used to hear about similar feats of Israel. But now everyone knows Indian Army is no less. “Israel used to do it earlier; now Indian Army has shown it is no less capable”.
- It is noted that Modi has expressed extra concern for this hill state by announcing so many incentives, including re-granting special category status. But the state (Congress) government has failed to derive full benefits of the central projects.
PM Modi launched National SC/ST hub
After visiting Mandi in Himachal Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana and he launched two schemes-National SC/ST Hub and Zero Defect Zero Effect scheme.
- With an initial outlay of Rs 490 crore, the hub will work towards strengthening market access/linkage, monitoring, capacity building, leveraging financial support schemes and sharing industry-best practices.
- It will also enable central public sector enterprises to fulfill the procurement target set by the government.
- The Public Procurement Policy 2012 stipulates that 4 per cent of procurement done by ministries, departments and CPSEs will have to be from enterprises owned by SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- The MSME sector, including the service segment, is a key driver of India’s economic growth as it contributes nearly 38 per cent to the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and employs close to 11 crore people.
- PM Narendra Modi also presented national awards to outstanding micro, small and medium enterprises. He also distributed 500 traditional wooden charkhas to women.
Modi to distribute 500 charkhas to women spinners in Ludhiana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed 500 traditional wooden chark has to women spinners belonging to the five local Khadi institutions.
- The chark has have been given by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).The women spinners have been selected from different areas of Punjab.
- Five hundred charkhas will create 500 direct employment at the doorstep of these villagers.
Himachal CM gives 13 point memorandum to PM
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh submitted a 13-point memorandum to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 18, 2016 at Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- He also seeking among other things a special compensation grant of Rs 1000 crore for preserving forests.
- He further demanded that NPV (Net Present Value) cost in PMGSY project be borne by the Government of India.