India’s first conference on Counter-Terrorism was held in Jaipur, Rajasthan for three days (March 19 to March 21). The conference was named as International Counter-Terrorism Conference 2015 and it was organised by India Foundation in association with the Sardar Patel University of Police Security and Criminal Justice-Jodhpur. The central theme of the Conference is Integrated Approach to Counter-Terrorism.
Important Points to Note
- The International Conference on Counter Terrorism was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, Defence minister Manohar Parrikar, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, MoS (external affairs) V K Singh, MoS (commerce and industry) Nirmala Sitharaman are some important persons who attended the conference.
- Ajit Doval stressed on the indigenous mechanism to curb terrorism in India.
- Sessions on 26/11 attacks, maritime terrorism, cross-border terrorism, New Caliphate in West Asia, Talibanism of Pakistan and Afghanistan region, narcotics and fake currency, LTTE and Chechen Rebels, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear terrorism ..etc were take place at the conference.
- Experts from India as well as abroad discussed on the rising threat of terrorism and its consequences and all the possible ways to counter it.