The Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) delegation led by Colonel SONG ZHOANLI has hosted an Indian Army delegation led by Colonel BS UPPAL for the first time ever, which marked as a milestone in the Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) area along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
- This meeting reflected the mutual desire of maintaining and improving relations, maintaining peace at a functional level at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) border.
- Both the delegations interacted in a free, congenial and cordial environment.
People Liberation Army:
- The PLA is the world’s largest military force, with strength of approximately 2,285,000 personnel, 0.18% of the country’s population.
- The People’s Liberation Army is the armed forces of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) under the leadership of the CPC.
- The PLA consists of four professional service branches they are the People’s Liberation Army Ground Force, the People’s Liberation Army Navy, the People’s Liberation Army Air Force and the Second Artillery Corps.
- It was founded on AUGUST 1, 1927.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces.
- It is one of the largest standing armies in the world, with 1,129,900 active troops and 960,000 reserve troops.
- The Indian Army originated from the armies of the East India Company, which eventually became the British Indian Army and finally the national army after independence.
- It was founded on April 1, 1895.