i.The MoU was signed in the presence of Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Sawat, and Jennifer Monserrate, Minister of Revenue, Information and Technology, Labour and Employment of Goa.
ii.Regional Employment Exchange of Goa is revamped as the Model Career Centre with state of the art infrastructure and facilities.
About Model Career Centre (MCC):
Vision- Linking Youth with Job & Career Opportunities through Counselling & Training.
– This is an online service, through which an employer can select the best available candidate from the wider pool of job seekers.
– The MCC to be established in Goa is the 40th such initiative of CII in India.
– The MCC will create a reservoir of skilled talent in the country, thus establishing a seamless employer-employee connection.
– MCC will conduct workshops, job fairs to guide the youth to attain the potential of employability.
Recent Related News:
i.World Bank Sanctions approx Rs 3 crore for Goa to develop India’s first Sand Dune Parks
ii.Goa Becomes India’s 1st ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State by Providing FHTCs to Every Rural Household
About Confederation of Indian Industry(CII):
President– Uday Kotak
Director General– Chandrajit Banerjee
Headquarters– New Delhi, India
– Khola Chilli is an Agricultural product of Goa, that got the Geographical Identification (GI) tag in 2020.
– CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography(CSIR-NIO) is located at Panaji, Goa.
– Bondla Zoological Park is located in Goa.