i.A grant of USD 500, 000 will be provided to NASSCOM (National Association of Software & Service Companies) Foundation for supporting 1 Lakh women agri workers with digital and financial literacy.
- NASSCOM Foundation will provide training to women farm workers of 6 states – Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh on Digital & Financial Literacy.
- It will also set up a helpline for women agri workers to call & receive counselling on entrepreneurship related queries.
ii.Google also launched a global Google.org Impact Challenge for Women & Girls.
- Under this challenge, Google will provide USD 25 Million in grants to nonprofits & social enterprises in India & around the world which are working towards empowerment of women & girls to achieve their full potential.
Vulnerability of Women
Sundar Pichai stated that due to Pandemic, women are most likely to lose their jobs & an estimated 20 Million girls are at risk of not returning to school.
Sundar Pichai also announced the completion of the ‘Internet Saathi’ program.
- It is a Joint initiative of Google India, Intel & Tata Trusts for promoting digital literacy among women within rural communities.
- It was launched in 2015, it has benefitted over 30 Million Women across India through training provided by over 80, 000 Internet Saathis.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 30, 2020 In order to support small businesses and drive demand through customer support, Google India has launched a nation-wide campaign, ‘Make Small Strong’.
CEO – Sundar Pichai
Headquarters – California, USA
Parent Company – Alphabet Inc