Co-founder and CEO of e-commerce giant Snapdeal Kunal Bahl has bagged the “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award, 2015 for his splendid business acumen.
- Kunal established Snapdeal in the year 2010 in partnership with his childhood friend Rohit Bansal.
Kunal had completed his initial school education at Delhi Public School (DPS) New Delhi. On his consecutive failure to get admission at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kunal went to USA and got his bachelor’s degree in engineering from University of Pennsylvania.
- Kunal received his business degree from the Wharton School and finished an executive marketing program from Kellogg School of Management.
- Kunal had worked with Microsoft for a short period as he was deported from USA to India due to some visa issue in 2008.
Awards and Recognition
- He was conferred the AIMA “Transformational Business Leader of the Year”.
- In 2014, he was awarded the “BMA Entrepreneur of the Year 2014” and “EY Entrepreneur of the Year- Start-up 2014”.
- Kunal was ranked among the “Top 50 Entrepreneurs of India”, 2014 by ET.
- Fortune 40 listed him 25th in the list of “40 Most Influential Business Leaders”.
- He bagged the “Nasscom Next-Gen Entrepreneur 2014”
Snapdeal’s Awards and recognition
- In 2012, it was awarded with eRetailer of the Year
- Best Advertising campaign of the year E-commerce site of 2012 at WAT awards.
- Voted amongst the Buziest brands of India in afaqs’s annual buzz-making poll.
- In 2011, it won Red Herring Asia Awards.