Egypt officially nominates Ahmed Aboul-Gheit to head Arab League.His appointment was contained in a statement released by the 22-member bloc.
- Ahmed AboulGheit as the Arab League’s new secretary general,will replace fellow Egyptian Nabil El-Araby, who announced that he would not seek another term after the expiration of his current tenure in July 2016.
- Prior to his new appointment Abul Gheits erved as Egypt’s last Foreign Minister under expelled leaded Hosni Mubarak.
- AboulGheitwas born in Cairo in 1942, He served as permanent representative of Egypt at the United Nations Headquarters in New York between 1999 and 2004.
- He graduated from Egypt’s Ain Shams University in business. He also served as Egyptian Ambassador to Italy in 1992.
The Arab League
- The Arab League was formed in Cairo by six Arab countries in 1945, today, it comprises 22 Arab countries spanning North Africa, the Horn of Africa and the Middle East.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification