Indian troupe Desi Hoppers — a group of seven members from across the country has emerged victorious at the World of Dance Championship in Los Angeles, California which was judged by ace international dancers Matt Steffanina, Galen Hooks, Arnel Calvario, Jun Quemado and Beau Fournier.
- The crew put India on the map as the first desi troupe to not only represent, but also win the title on the maiden attempt. While they scored 96.33 points, the Canadians finished up second with a score of 94 points.
- The five judges found Desi Hoppers’ performance to be high energy, clean and precise and well executed. The judges also found their performance to be cohesive and dynamic and very entertaining and appreciated that they included moves that stuck to their roots, a performance which earned the standing ovation, a feat that none of the other teams have achieved.
- Desi Hoppers is First Indian troupe to represent India at the World of Dance Championship.
- The group consists of seven members across the country and all are in their early 20’s.
- The crew was led by young sensations Shantanu Maheshwari, Macedon Dmello and Nimit Kotian.
- The crew defeated 14 countries across 34 performances in the finals.
- Besides winning the championship title, the crew also won “Crowd Favourite” title as well.
About the competition:
- World of Dance is a California-based global media company founded by David Gonzalez in 2008.
- The World of Dance Tour is an international urban dance competition focusing on street dance and choreography.
- It takes place in 14 cities in the United States, and over 20 countries