Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful in upcoming exam.
Union Ministry of Finance released Draft Outline of Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- The Union Ministry of Finance released draft outline of sovereign gold bond scheme which is aimed at reducing demand for gold and control trade deficit.
- The sovereign gold bond scheme would help in shifting part of the estimated 300 tonnes of physical bars and coins purchased every year for investment into ‘demat’ gold bonds.
India’s 1st A/C DEMU train launched in Kochi
- India’s first diesel electric multiple unit (DEMU) train service with an air-conditioned coach is launched in Kochi.
- Railway minister Suresh Prabhu on Sunday flagged off the Angamaly-Ernakulam-Tripunithura-Piravom train service.
- Railways is planning to introduce more number of Air Conditioned DEMU trains.
State government initiative to make Arunachal organic state
The state government of Arunachal Pradesh has decided to launch “State Soil Health Mission” to make it 100% organic state.
About the Program
- Proper documentation of soil health and preparation of soil map.
- Distribution of Soil Health Cards to farmers so that they are guided for scientific nutrient managements.
- To check overuse or no use of fertilizers and its adverse effect and help in increase of crop production through its sustainable soil management.
India slips to 61 place on Swiss money list; Pak 73rd
- India has slipped to 61st spot in terms of foreigner’s money in Swiss Banks. It now accounts for a 0.123 per cent of the total global wealth worth USD 1.6 trillion in Switzerland’s banking system.
- UK and US are in the top two positions in the list while Pakistan is at 73rd place.
Bangkok airport WiFi world’s fastest
- The Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok has the world’s fastest wifi service according to a survey was conducted by internet speed-test watchdog RottenWifi in over 130 airports all over the world.
Brightest Galaxy in Early Universe named after Cristiano Ronaldo as CR7 (COSMOS Redshift 7)
- Scientists have named a newly discovered galaxy after the Portuguese football player Cristiano Ronaldo. The galaxy has been labeled as CR7 (COSMOS Redshift 7).
- Cristiano Ronaldo is also known as CR7 after his initials and his jersey number.
Nico Rosberg wins Austrian Grand Prix
- Nico Rosberg defeated his Mercedes team-mate and series leader Lewis Hamilton to win Austrian Grand Prix.
Roger Federer trumps Andreas Seppi for 8th Halle title
- Roger Federer beats Andreas Seppi by 7-6 (7/1), 6-4 to win an eighth title at the ATP Halle tournament.
- This was his 8th title of the season and 86th of his career.
Andy Murray outclasses Kevin Anderson to take fourth Queen’s title
- Andy Murray won the Aegon Championships at Queen’s Club by beating Kevin Anderson by 6-3, 6-4 in a one-sided final.