Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Academy Award Winning filmmaker has passed away at the age of 71 in United Nature due to natural causes. Who is he?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Curtis Hanson
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Curtis Hanson was best known for his acclaimed neo-noir drama “L.A. Confidential,” had died. He was 71. Hanson was found unresponsive in his home, according to Officer Liliana Preciado, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department. He died of natural causes.
- Which Stadium hosted the 500th Test of India against New Zealand from 22nd September 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Kanpur
ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar has congratulated the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the country’s 500th Test, which will be played against New Zealand in Kanpur from September 22, 2016.
- Which team bagged the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Hockey Cup for the year 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.BPCL
In an interesting match between BPCL and Railway, BPCL won the match with 3-0 bagging the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Hockey Cup 2016. Minister of Sports and Youth Welfare Yashodhra Raje Scindia awarded the winning team with the prize money of 51 lakh.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court on September 22nd 2016?
A.Girish Chandra Gupta
C.Satish Kumar Agnihotri
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.M Shantanagoudar
Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar was sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court on September 22, 2016. Other Appointments : Girish Chandra Gupta J. – Chief Justice of Calcutta, Satish Kumar Agnihotri J – Chief Justice of Sikkim, Tinlianthang Vaiphei J – Chief Justice of Tripura & Rakesh Ranjan Prasad J – Chief Justice of Manipur
- Who has been elected as president of the Prestigious Indian Statistical Institute?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer -A.Vijay Kelkar
Former petroleum secretary Vijay Kelkar has been elected president of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute (ISI). Kelkar will succeed former RBI governor C Rangarajan. He was elected at the general body meeting of the institute, which functions under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Which company holds the first position in the Forbe’s annual list of India’s 100 richest tycoons with a net worth of $22.7 billion?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Reliance
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped Forbes’s annual list of India’s 100 richest tycoons with a net worth of $22.7 billion. The combined net worth of India’s 100 wealthiest is $381 billion, a rise of 10 percent from $345 billion in 2015.
- Which film was chosen as India’s official entry for Best Foreign Language film at the 89th Academy Awards to be held in 2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Visaranai
The Tamil movie Visaranai written by M. Chandrakumar was chosen as India’s official entry for Best Foreign Language film at the 89th Academy Awards to be held in 2017. Part of the film is based on true events recorded in the novel ‘Lock Up’. This film directed by Vetrimaran and produced by actor Dhanush’s Wunderbar Films.
- Who has recently conferred with France’s Prestigious Chevalier Dans I’Ordre des Arts Et Des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) Award during September 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Sajid Nadiadwada
Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala conferred with France’s prestigious Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) award. French Ambassador to India Alexandre Ziegler conferred the honour in recognition of Nadiadwala’s contribution to boosting Indo-French partnership in cinema.
- Which city hosted the first meeting of the Goods and Service Tax Council recently constituted?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.New Delhi
Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council hold its first meeting in the national capital. The GST is a single indirect tax which will subsume most of the central and state taxes such as VAT, excise duty, service tax and central sales tax. The two-day meet of the GST Council is likely to iron out issues between the Centre and states for rolling out the new indirect tax regime from April 1, 2017.
- How many Indian Institutes have found a place in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.31
For the first time in the history, 31 Indian institutes have found a place in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is India’s top institution in the ‘Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016-17’ list.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Ministry of Shipping signed a contract with DST, Germany to design vessels, especially suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of which national waterway?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.NW-1
With its objective of providing safe, environment friendly and economical mode of transportation through National Waterway-1 (NW-1), the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Ministry of Shipping signed a contract with DST, Germany to design vessels, especially suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of NW-1.
- Which e-commerce company currently had 100 million registered users to become the first company to reach this milestone?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Flipkart
India’s largest e-commerce company Flipkart currently had 100 million registered users to becomes the first company to reach this milestone in a single country outside the US and China.
- Who would be honoured with the annual ‘Lalit Arpan Samman’ for the year 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Shubha Mudgal
Hindustani classical singer Shubha Mudgal would be honoured with the annual ‘Lalit Arpan Samman’ this year. Mudgal, a Padma Shri recipient was known for her singing in genres of Khayal, Thumri and Dadra. She had also given her voice to many popular Indie-pop numbers.The 15th edition of Lalit Arpan festival would also acknowledge artist couple Paramjit and Arpita Singh.
- Government appointed three members on the Monetary Policy Committee along with RBI Nominees to set the benchmark which rate in the monetary policy review?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Interest
Government appointed three members on the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), who along with RBI nominees are likely to set the benchmark interest rate in the upcoming monetary policy review with a view to contain retail inflation at the targeted level of 4 per cent.
- India’s High Commissioner to Britain Navtej Sarna was appointed as the Next Ambassador to which country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.United States
India’s High Commissioner to Britain Navtej Sarna was appointed as the next Ambassador to the US as that country prepares for a presidential transition by External Affairs Ministry. He is the successor of Arun Kumar Singh.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification