Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Central Government has announced how many new smart cities from the 63 cities based on “Smart City Challenge Competition” by Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.27
Central Government has announced 27 new Smart Cities from the 63 cities. The announcement was made by Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi. The 27 cities selected in the ‘Smart City Challenge’ competition in order of the marks scored by them.
- Which Government in association with International Labour Organization organised a two day national conference on Labour?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Odisha
The Odisha government in association with International Labor Organization (ILO) organised a two-day national conference on laborin Bhubaneswar. Union minister of state for labour and employment Bandaru Dattatreya and ministers and chairpersons of labour welfare boards of 29 states attended the conference.
- Which service has been initiated by Indian Railway to provide support to Old and Differently abled Passengers?
A.Wheel Chair Booking
B.Free Food Booking
C.Free Platform ticketing
D.Priority ticket booking
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Wheel Chair Booking
To provide support to old and differently abled passengers requiring assistance at the stations, Ministry of Railways had decided to introduce Yatri Mitras Sewa for enabling passengers to book wheelchair services cum porter services.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare visited which country along with four member official delegation to deepen Bilateral engagement in Agriculture?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Israel
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh concluded his three day Israel Visit. The Union Minister led a four member official delegation to Israel to deepen bilateral engagement in agriculture.
- Which city hosted first ever summit on movement of 65.3 million refugees and migrants by UN?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.New York
UN organized first-ever summit on movement of 65.3 million refugees and migrants. Global leaders gathered for the first of two high-profile days of meetings on the issues of migration and refugees at the U.N. headquarters in New York. This meeting attempted to forge a global response to the plight of the 65.3 million people forcibly displaced worldwide
- First ever football of state Narottam Mohanty has passed away at Baripada in Mayurbhanj at the age of 100. He belongs to which state?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Odisha
First ever football referee of Odisha Narottam Mohanty passed away at Baripada in Mayurbhanj. He was 100. He was considered as the oldest citizen of Baripada town. Mohanty was the first person qualified as football referee from Odisha in pre-independence era.
- Which invasive species was sighted at Goa University Campus that is listed as one of the world’s 100 most invasive species by the IUCN?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.GALS
Invasive Giant African Land Snail (GALS) (Scientific name – Achatina fulica) was sighted at Goa University campus. The size of GALS is ranged from 7cm to 20cm.
- What is the name of new surface to air missile which was test fired successfully at Odisha coast by India?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Barak-8
India successfully test fired a new surface-to-air missile – ‘Barak-8’, from a defense base in its eastern sate of Odisha, was reported by state-run broadcaster All India Radio (AIR). The missile was successfully launched. from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) launch pad at Chandipur in Balasore district.
- Which port inked pact to acquire the Australian firm APB from Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited for AUD 19.25 million?
A.Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ)
D.The Dhamra Port Company Limited (DPCL)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ)
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) arm APO acquire the Australian firm APB from Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited for AUD 19.25 million. This terminal was acquired by the Adani Group by way of a 99 year
lease from the Queensland Government on June 1, 2011.
- Who has been appointed as Tourism Brand Ambassador of Maharashtra by the State Tourism minister Jaykumar Rawal?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Sambhajiraje Bhosale
Heir of Warrior King Chattrapati Shivaji, Sambhajiraje Bhosale is appointed as Tourism Brand Ambassador of Maharashtra by the State Tourism minister Jaykumar Rawal.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Cayman Islands?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Sevala Naik
Current High Commissioner of India to Jamaica, M. Sevala Naik was concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Cayman Islands.
- Who has been appointed as marketing head of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) as its first woman director?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Anandi Ramalingam
Before this appointment, she was the general manager heading the Military Communication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at BEL’s Bengaluru Complex. She has experience in equipment testing working across various domains of military communication including heading testing for Shakti.
- How many Indians among 17 people selected for the inaugural class of UN Young Leaders for Sustainable Development Goals?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.3
Three Indians names were at the UN Young Leaders List are Trisha Shetty, Karan Jerath and Ankit Kawatra. Their performances in leadership and contribution to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change by 2030.
- Which Bank has approved a loan of $631 million or Rs.4228.9 crore for building India’s first coastal industrial corridor between Visakhapatnam and Chennai?
B.Small Industries Development Bank of India
D.Asian Development Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Asian Development Bank
The fund would help develop the first key 800-km section of the planned 2,500-km East Coast Economic Corridor expected to spur development on India’s eastern coast and enable seamless trade links with other parts of South and Southeast Asia.
- Which Corporation has signed a pact with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) to implement energy efficient LED lighting solutions for all its projects, stations and offices across the country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.NTPC
The MoU was signed by S K Roy, ED (OS) of NTPC and A K Gupta, Director (Finance) of EESL.The main objective is to enable EESL to provide end-to-end state-of-the-art energy efficient LED lighting and solutions in accordance with the requirement of NTPC.
- Which power plant would set up by Ray Power Infra in Uttarakhand under Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency’s (UREDA) competitive bidding for 2015-16?
A.Solar Power Plant
B.Thermal Power Plant
D.Geothermal Power Plant
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Solar Power Plant
Rays Power Infra will set up a 100 mw solar power plant in Uttarakhand under Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency’s (UREDA) competitive bidding for 2015-16. The Project’s execution started in August 2016 and is expected to be commissioned by February, 2017.
- Which state won the Better Performing Project Award 2015 for the development of infrastructure by tourism department under the ADB Funded Project?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Himachal Pradesh
2015-Better Performing Project Award won by Virbhadra Singh lead Himachal Pradesh government for development of infrastructure by tourism department under the ADB Funded Project.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification