Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is being observed every year on which date with the theme “Ozone and Climate. Restored by a world united”?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer –C.16th September
The 2016 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed across the world on 16 September 2016. The theme for the year 2016 is “Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united”
- Former Union Minister and Captain has passed away at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan due to Massive cardiac arrest at the age of 85. Who is he?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Ayub Khan
Former Union Minister and Captain Ayub Khan, died at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan following a massive cardiac arrest. He is a war hero of 1965.He was 85. He was admitted to B.D.K. Government Hospital in Jhunjhunu when he complained of uneasiness, but was declared brought dead.
- India claimed how many medals to clinch the Second Position in the third edition of Track Asia Cup 2016 at the Indoor Cycling Velodrome at IG Sports Complex?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.16
29-member Indian team participated in the third edition of Track Asia Cup 2016 from September 14 to 16 at the Indoor Cycling Velodrome at IG Sports Complex. India ended their campaign in the Track Asia Cup at second position, Hong Kong (18)11 Gold 4 Silver and 3 bronze & India (16) 5 gold 4 Silver and 7 bronze.
- Indian Football team placed at which rank in the latest FIFA rankings released on 15th September 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer –A.148
The Indian football team placed at 148th spot from 152nd in the latest FIFA rankings released on 15th September 2016. Now India’s position in top-150 for the first time since April 2015 after India had beaten Puerto Rico 4-1 in an international friendly in Mumbai earlier this month.
- Which city has became the most sustainable city in the world with unbeatable environmental credentials?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Zurich
Zurich is the most sustainable city in the world and had unbeatable environmental credentials, according to new research. The Swiss city drove away strong competition to take first place in the 2016 Arcadis Sustainable Cities Index, announced, which ranked 100 major cities on 32 indicators across three aspects of sustainability: people, planet and profit.
- Which country space agency launched its space lab named Tiangong 2 to establish a manned space station around 2022?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.China
China launched Tiangong-2 — its space lab, which is part of an ambitious plan, stretched along several phases, to establish a manned space station around 2022. A Long March-2F T2 rocket lifted from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwestern China’s Gobi desert. After a flight of 580 seconds, it entered its targeted orbit 380 kilometres above Earth.
- Which company announced to acquire the US based Monsanto for $66 billion including debt to create a one stop shop for seeds, crop chemicals and computer aided services to farmers?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Bayer
German based chemical company Bayer announced to acquire the U.S based Monsanto for $66 billion including debt. To create a one-stop shop for seeds, crop chemicals and computer-aided services to farmers.
- Scientist Narayana Murthy has been appointed as the director of which organization?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer –C.DRDO
Scientist Narayana Murthy appointed as the director of DRDO (Defence Research and
development Organisation) laboratory Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad. He is succeeded by G. Satheesh Reddy.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Parliamentary committee on Home affairs?
C.Kanwar Deep Singh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.P Chidambaram
Former Home Minister and senior Congress leader P Chidambaram was appointed as Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs. He will be succeeding P Bhattacharya.
- Girija Devi has been conferred with M.S Subbulakshmi Award in the remembrance of M.S Subbulakhmi Birth centenary. She belonged to which arts?
D.None of these
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Vocalist
M.S. Subbulakshmi’s birth centenary celebrations, which began last year at the Sri Shanmukhananda hall, is concluding with a week-long festival that began on September 12. Award winners: Vocalists – Girija Devi, Kishori Amonkar, Aruna Sairam and Vishaka Hari
- Which bank has received the award from Sameer Kochhar, Chairman of Skoch Group in Hyderabad?
A.Puduvai Bharathiyar Grama Bank
B.Pallavan Grama Bank
C.Pandiyan Grama Bank
D.Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
S Ravindran, chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank, received the award from Sameer Kochhar, chairman of Skoch Group, in Hyderabad. The bank, which operates in nine districts of Karnataka covering 57 taluks, had brought 28 lakh people under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti BimaYojna, PM Suraksha BimaYojna and PM Jan Dhan Yojna.
- Which state hosted the BRICS Environmental Ministers meeting on September 16th 2016 to strengthen mutual cooperation?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Goa
The Environment Ministers of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries meeting held on September 16, in Goa to strengthen mutual cooperation. The BRICS Ministers are discussed thematic areas of mutual interest and priorities actions for cooperation in critical areas like air and water pollution, liquid and solid waste management, climate change and conservation of biodiversity.
- Which force has exercised the Disaster Relief Exercise ‘Ex SAHAYATA’ in Gujarat on September 14th 2016?
B.Border Safety Force
C.Indian Air Force
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Indian Air Force
Disaster Relief Exercise ‘Ex SAHAYATA’ was inaugurated by Air Marshal RK Dhir AVSM VM ADC Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, South Western Air Command at IAF headquarters in Gandhi nagar, Gujarat on September 14, 2016.
- Union Tourism Minister has approved projects worth Rs. 500 crore for which state for integrated development of Tourist facilities?
C.Jammu and Kashmir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Jammu and Kashmir
The Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) chaired by Union Tourism Secretary Shri Vinod Zutshi for the ‘Swadesh Darshan Scheme’ has approved projects of worth Rs. 500 Crore for Jammu and Kashmir.
- India positioned to which rank in World Economic Freedom Index according to th Economic Freedom of the World 2016 Annual Report?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.112
India has slipped by 10 positions to 112th, as it “fared badly” across categories including legal system and regulation, according to the Economic Freedom of the World: 2016 Annual Report
- India Signed an MoU with which country to to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities by providing them equipment worth USD 2 million?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Sri Lanka
India and Sri Lanka Signed MoU to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities by providing them equipment worth USD 2 million in the country’s southern Hambantota district.
- Which state has unveiled four sectoral policies in the Information Technology space in order to create more employment opportunities?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Telangana
Telangana has unveiled four sectoral policies in the Information Technology space in order to create more employment opportunities. The policies are Data Analytics, Data Centres, Open Data and Cyber Security.
- National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign-2016 held in which city of India ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.New Delhi
The National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign 2016 held on 15th-16th September 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated and address the conference. The two days’ Conference looked at the implementation progress of important schemes related to Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare announced by the Centre in the last two years.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification