Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Who has been honored as the World’s Best Playmaker 2016 on December 29, 2016, by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS)?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Lionel Messi
Argentine Star Lionel Messi was chosen as the World’s Best Playmaker for the year 2016 on December 29, 2016, by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). Messi topped the list with 172 points followed by Andres Iniesta at second spot with 66 points and Toni Kross third with 45 points.
- Name the Indian Tennis Player who has announced his retirement from the professional tennis on 01 January 2017.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Somdev Devvarman
31 year old professional Indian tennis player Somdev Kishore Devvarman popularly known as Somdev announced his retirement from professional tennis on 01 January 2017. The decision was taken due to a shoulder injury. He first suffered a recurring shoulder injury in 2012. On his return back to the tennis arena he lost a series matches due to this injury. So starting the New Year on a new node Somdev said goodbye to the tennis.
- Who has been sworn in as the new Major General of Kyrgyzstan?
A.Khalifa bin Zayed
B.Amal Al Qubaisi
D.Shaikh Rafik Mohammed
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Shaikh Rafik Mohammed
An Indian-origin Saudi-based entrepreneur, Shaikh Rafik Mohammed, has been appointed Major General of Kyrgyzstan, by the Government of the Country. He was invited for the prestigious military position in view of his earlier contribution to the country. Shaikh Rafik Mohammed, who hails from Kerala, was appointed Major General of Kyrgyzstan by Ali Mirza, Defence Minister of Kyrgyzstan at an official ceremony held in the country.
- Name the actor, well known for playing character Father Mulcahy in MASH, who died on January 1, 2017.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.William Christopher
The actor, William Christopher, who is best known for playing Father Mulcahy in MASH, passed away on January 1, 2017 in CaliforniA.He was 84. The actor died of lung cancer at his home in PasadenA.He was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago.
- Who has won the 2016 Mubadala World Tennis Championship at Abu Dhabi?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Rafael Nadal
Spanish professional tennis player, Rafael Nadal successfully clinched 2016 Mubadala World Tennis Championship title on December 31, 2016 held at the Abu Dhabi International Tennis Complex at the Zayed Sports City. Nadal defeated his opponent David Goffin with 6-4, 7-6 in the finals. He reached the Abu Dhabi Finals by beating Tomas Berdych in the quarter-final and Milos Raonic in the semi-final. Nadal who received a cash prize of $250,000 will now head to Australia for the Brisbane International.
- Who has been appointed as the 25th Chief Justice of Pakistan?
C.Nazir Ahmed Butt
D.Mian Saqib Nisar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Mian Saqib Nisar
Justice Mian Saqib Nisar has been appointed as the as 25th Chief Justice of Pakistan. He took the oath to new CJP at a ceremony held in the President House called “Awan-e-Sadr” on December 31, 2016. Pakistan’s President Mamnoon Hussain administered oath to the new Chief Justice of Supreme Court. 62-Year-Old Nisar has replaced Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali who retired on December 30, 2016 after 15 months service since September 2015.
- Name the two new Hindi writers who have been conferred with the 2016 Bharatiya Jnanpith Navlekhan Award on December 29, 2016?
A.Tasneem Khan and Upasana
B.Vishnu Nagar and Govind Prasad
C.Shraddha and Ghyansham Devansh
D.Madhusudan Anan and Om Nischal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Shraddha and Ghyansham Devansh
Bharatiya Jnanpith has conferred two new Hindi writers, Shraddha and Ghyansham Kumar Devansh, with the 2016 Bharatiya Jnanpith Navlekhan Award on December 29, 2016 for their first creation. A selection panel chaired by eminent poet Vishnu Nagar named Shraddha for her short story, Hawa Mein Phadphadati Chitthi and Devansh for his poem Akash Mein Deh.
- Who has been conferred with the ‘Power & Energy Persona’s Award for Individual Excellence’ at the 10th ENERTIA Awards 2016 –India and South Asia’s awards for excellence in sustainable energy and power on December 29, 2016?
A.R N Khazanchi
B.K M Singh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.K M Singh
Shri K M Singh, Chairman & Managing Director of State-run National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) has been conferred the ‘Power & Energy Persona’s Award for Individual Excellence’ at the 10th ENERTIA Awards 2016 –India and South Asia’s awards for excellence in sustainable energy and power on December 29, 2016. Singh received the award from Former Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Upendra Tripathy.
- Which e-commerce firm has planned to launch an “Airborne Fulfillment Center” (AFC) to deploy Drones for delivering its items in minutes?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.Amazon
The U.S. e-commerce giant, Amazon has been awarded a patent for launching a giant flying warehouse that would acts as a launch pad for drones to deliver items within minutes. The patent reveals plans for setting up an “Airborne Fulfillment Center” (AFC) such as an Airship or Blimp, floating at an altitude of around 45,000 and stocked with lots of products especially in area where the demand for certain items is expected to be high.
- Petronet, India’s largest LNG importer, has signed an agreement with which country on December 30 to set up $950 million Liquefied Natural Gas import project in that country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Bangladesh
India’s largest LNG importer Petronet has signed an MoU with Petrobangla on December 30, 2016, to set up $950 million liquefied natural gas import project of 7.5 million tonnes a year in Bangladesh. The MoU was signed between Petronet LNG CEO and Managing Director Prabhat Singh and Petrobangla secretary Syed Ashfaquzzaman. It also includes laying a 26-Km pipline to connect the LNG project to the consumption markets
- What is the new extended deadline announced by the Reserve Bank of India for the Non Resident Indian (NRIs) citizens to exchange the demonetized notes?
A.March 31, 2017
B.April 1, 2017
C.June 30, 2017.
D.July 31, 2017
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.June 30, 2017.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has taken a relief providing decision for the Non-Resident Indian and Indian Citizens who were staying abroad since November 9 to December 31post demonetization decision. As per the decision, the Indian Citizens can exchange their demonetized notes up to March 31, 2017 while the Non Resident Indian (NRIs) citizens can avail this facility up to June 30, 2017.
- Which country has announced a plan to ban all ivory trade and processing activities in the country by the end of 2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.China
China on December 30, 2016, announced a plan to ban all ivory trade and processing activities by the end of 2017, to prevent the mass killing and threat of extinction of African elephants. The Chinese State Council’s plan to end the ivory trade will be carried out over the course of the year. It will first force a select group of legal ivory processing factories and business to close by March 31, 2017 and gradually will completely stop the processing and sales of ivories for commercial purposes by the end of 2017.
- India’s first laser technology-based advanced AVMS RTO check-post has been set up in which state?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Gujarat
Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani launched India’s first laser technology-based advanced AVMS RTO check-post and also laid foundation stones of various developmental works worth Rs 30 crore at Shamlaji of Aravalli district in Gujarat. This new check-post is equipped with advanced ray technology with a cost of Rs 4.72 crore.
- PM Modi on December 31 has announced to increase the number of houses to be built under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana in rural areas by what percent?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.33 Percent
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana, PM Modi has declared that in rural areas the number of houses being built would be increased by 33 per cent. He also announced to waive 60-day interest on farm loans taken in the Rabi season from District Cooperative Banks and Primary Societies. This means that the banks will not charge any interest for 60 days on loans and that amount would be beared by the Government.
- How much financial benefit would be provided to the pregnant women in rural areas as announced by PM Modi?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Rs. 6000
A sum of Rs 6000 would be deposited in the account of pregnant and lactating women in above 650 rural districts to meet medical expenses. The scheme would initially be implemented in form of a pilot project in 53 districts, with the amount of Rs 4,000
- What is the new Credit Guarantee limit for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises as decided by the Union Government on December 31, 2016?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.2 Crore
PM Modi said that the cash credit limit for small businesses would be raised to 25 per cent from 20 per cent. The Credit guarantee for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises would be raised to Rs 2 crore from current Rs 1 crore.
- What percent of interest has been decided by the Centre for the Senior Citizens on their deposits of up to 7.5 lakhs for 10 years?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.8 Percent
The Prime Minister on December 31, 2016, has approved that senior citizens would get a monthly fixed interest of 8% on their deposits of up to 7.5 lakhs for 10 years.
- Prime Minister Modi on December 31 has announced to convert how many Kisan Credit Card into RuPay card in the next 3 months?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.3 Crore
PM on December 31, announced to convert 3 crore Kisan credit card into RuPay card in the next 3 months. The problem with Kisan Credit Card is that farmers need to go to bank to withdraw money, but RuPay Card will enable them to buy/sell directly through the card.
- What percent of rebate on interest would be provided for home loan up to Rs. 9 Lakh by urban poor in 2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.4 Percent
PM Modi announced two new housing schemes for the urban poor. As per the decision, home loan taken by urban poor in 2017 up to Rs. 9 Lakh would get 4 percent subvention on interest while 3 percent subvention on interest on home loans of up to Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Union Government has announced to provide what percent of subvention on interest for home loans of up to Rs. 2 Lakh by rural poor in 2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.3%
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while addressing the Nation on December 31, 2016, on the New Year’s Eve, made a series of announcements aimed at the welfare of the entire Citizen of the Country with main focus on the senior citizens, farmers, rural housing, women and small entrepreneurs to lighten the burden of demonetization.
- The Central Government has recently permitted how many Public Sector Banks to raise Rs 2,914.038 crore from market to strengthen their capital base?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – A.12
The Central government had infused a sum of Rs 25,000 crore in 19 PSBs during FY 2015-16. In this Rs. 22,915 crore was allocated to 13 PSBs on July 19, 2016. The remaining amount Rs 2,914.038 crore will be released on assessment of performance of 12 PSBs, the Department of Finance in its year-end review for 2016. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitleyhas granted its approval to 12 proposals of PSBs to raise a sum of Rs 2,914.038 crore through preferential allotment and permission given to raise Rs 200 crore by United Bank of India through QIP mode.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification