AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which organisation recently (in June’22) signed an agreement with WiSig Networks & VVDN Technologies to Develop 5G Open RAN (Radio Access Network)?
1) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
2) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
3) Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development
4) Centre for Development of Imaging Technology
5) Centre for Development of Telematics
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Centre for Development of Telematics
An agreement was signed with Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), WiSig Networks Private Limited, and VVDN Technologies Private Limited to collaborate in the area of Open RAN (Radio Access Network) based Radio Network for 5G solution.
i. It is a step towards making India ‘Atmanirbhar’ in the field of Telecom. This collaboration will utilize technical competencies of the Indian R&D (Research & Development) industry for indigenous design, development, manufacturing and deployment of cost-effective 5G products and solutions.
- In June 2022, the United Nations (UN) approved to recognise the Republic of Turkey as ________.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Türkiye
The United Nations (UN) has approved to recognise the Republic of Turkey as ‘Türkiye’, pronounced “tur-key-YAY”, following the request from the government of Turkey. “Türkiye” will now be used in all foreign languages and the country’s full official name will be “Republic of Türkiye”.
i. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan noted that Türkiye is the best representation and expression of the Turkish people’s culture, civilization and values.
ii. The use of the word Turkey dates back to the 14th century when the Latin term “Turchia/Turquia” meant “the land of Turks”. Later the Latin name was transformed into “Türkiye” in Turkish, Turkey in English, “Turkei” in German and “Turquie” in French.
- In June 2022, ToneTag was named the winner of two categories in the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) first global hackathon, HARBINGER 2021-Innovation for Transformation”. Where is the headquarters of ToneTag located?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
ToneTag, a brand of Naffa Innovations Pvt Ltd, has been named the winner of two categories in the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) first global hackathon, HARBINGER 2021-Innovation for Transformation”.
i. ToneTag, headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, offers voice-based commerce and payment solutions.
ii. The HARBINGER 2021 hackathon was organized to encourage entrepreneurs to come up with innovative products for smarter digital payments.
iii. In November 2021, the RBI launched its first global hackathon, “HARBINGER 2021-Innovation for Transformation,” with the theme “Smarter Digital Payments.”
- At what percent did the State Bank of India (SBI) recently (in June 22) projected India’s GDP for FY23?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 7.5%
The State Bank of India (SBI) has projected the Indian economy to grow at 7.5% in 2022-23 which is an upward revision of 20 basis points from its earlier estimate.
i. Real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) will increase by Rs 11.1 lakh crore in FY23 which will be a growth of 7.5%, up by 20 basis points over previous forecast.
ii. Nominal (GDP) will also grow 16.1% to Rs 275 lakh crore in FY23 and there will be an inflation averaging at 6.5-6.7% in FY23.
- As per the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards Asia 2022, ________ in Himachal Pradesh has been highly commended under the “Outstanding Support for Students” category, while Taylor’s University in _______ was declared a winner under the same category.
1) Bharati Vidyapeeth University; Singapore
2) Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences; Malaysia
3) Savitribai Phule Pune University; Thailand
4) Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences; Singapore
5) Savitribai Phule Pune University; Malaysia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences; Malaysia
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences in Solan, Himachal Pradesh has been highly commended under the “Outstanding Support for Students” category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards Asia 2022.
i. 3 Indian institutes were recognised in THE Awards Asia 2022. Taylor’s University, Malaysia was declared a winner under the Outstanding Support for Students category.
ii. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, Maharashtra has won the ‘THE Awards Asia 2022’ under the “THE Data Points Research Improvement Award” category.
iii. Amity University-Online, India’s first university recognized by University Grants Commission(UGC) to offer Online Degree, Diploma & Certification programs has won the award under the “Student Recruitment Campaign of the Year” category.
- As per Forbes, _______ became the 1st Active National Basketball Association (NBA) Player to Become a Billionaire with a net worth of USD 1 billion.
1) Chris Paul
2) Michael Jordan
3) Kevin Durant
4) LeBron James
5) Stephen Curry
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) LeBron James
According to the Forbes estimation, LeBron Raymone James Sr., an American professional basketball player representing the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA), has officially become a billionaire with a net worth of USD 1 billion.
i. LeBron James nicknamed as “King James” has become the 1st ever active NBA player to become a billionaire.
ii. Michael Jordan became the first NBA player to become a billionaire in 2014, almost 11 years after he retired as a player.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the Appointment of Managing Directors & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Union Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) and Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) by the Banks Board Bureau (BBB) of India?
A) Manimekhalai became 1st Woman to be appointed as the MD & CEO of UBI by succeeding Rajkiran Rai G.
B) Ajay Kumar Srivastava Selected as the MD & CEO of the IOB by replacing Partha Pratim Sengupta.
C) Swaroop Kumar Saha appointed as the MD & CEO at the Punjab & Sind Bank by succeeding S Krishnan.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Manimekhalai, executive director at Canara Bank, became 1st Woman to be appointed as the MD & CEO of UBI by succeeding Rajkiran Rai G.
ii. Ajay Kumar Srivastava, Executive Director at IOB, has been recommended and Selected as the MD & CEO of the IOB by replacing Partha Pratim Sengupta.
iii. Swaroop Kumar Saha has been recommended and subsequently appointed as the MD & CEO at the Punjab & Sind Bank by succeeding S Krishnan who retired in May 2022.
- Padma Shri awardee Shri Pandit Bhajan Lal Sopori recently (in June’22) passed away, who was the Maestro of _______ musical instruments.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Santoor
Santoor Maestro and Padma Shri awardee Shri Pandit Bhajan Lal Sopori passed away. He is often referred to as the ‘saint of santoor‘ and ‘king of strings’ for his mastery over the instrument.
He received Padma Shri in 2004 (Art-Music-Instrumental), the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1992, and the Jammu and Kashmir State Lifetime Achievement Award and the Indian Postal Department honoured Bhajan Sopori with a Rs 5 stamp in 2011 as a special tribute for his exceptional work in the world of art and culture.
About Santoor Instrument:
i. The Indian santoor is a trapezoid-shaped hammered dulcimer that is a variant of the Iranian Santur.
ii. The instrument is built primarily of walnut and has 25 bridges. Each bridge has four strings, for a total of 100.
iii. It is a traditional instrument from ancient times in Jammu and Kashmir.
- When was World Bicycle Day 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)?
1) 1st June 2022
2) 30th May 2022
3) 2nd June 2022
4) 31st May 2022
5) 3rd June 2022
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 3rd June 2022
The United Nations (UN)’s World Bicycle Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 3rd June 2022 to create awareness about the social, economic and environmental benefits of cycling.
i. The day also celebrates the uniqueness, durability, and versatility of the bicycle and promotes Bicycles as a simple, sustainable means of transportation.
ii. The first UN-designated World Bicycle Day was observed on 3rd June 2018.
iii. On 3rd June 2022, The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports organised World Bicycle Day 2022 as a part of the celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav-India@75.
- Name the Indian cricketer who was recently (in June’22) appointed as the Election commission of India (ECI) State Icon for National Capital Territory(NCT) of Delhi.
1) Unmukt Chand
2) Yash Dhull
3) Ripal Patel
4) Vicky Ostwal
5) Raj Bawa
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Yash Dhull
Election commission of India (ECI) has appointed Indian cricketer Yash Dhull, as the ECI State Icon for National Capital Territory(NCT) of Delhi to encourage the youngsters of Delhi.
i. As the ECI State Icon Yash Dhull will educate and motivate the youngsters to enrol themselves in the electoral roll. He will also participate in college-level voter awareness events.
ii. Yash Dhull was the captain of the 2022 International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Under 19 World Cup-winning Team. He made his first-class cricket debut for the Delhi Cricket Team in the 2021-22 Ranji Trophy.