Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has approved how much allocation of Additional Central Assistance (ACA) to 35 worst Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected states ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Rs.1000 crores
Explanation – Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh approved the State wise allocation of Additional Central Assistance (ACA) of Rs.1000 crores to 35 worst Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected districts in 7 states.
- Recently, “Stand Up India Scheme” has got approval from Union Cabinet. What is the maximum% of margin money of composite loan ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.25%
Explanation – Stand Up India Scheme” is to promote entrepreneurship among SC/ST and Women entrepreneurs aiming to chieve the target of at least 2.5 lakh approvals in three years.
- Which of the following bank has alloted shares worth Rs 264 crore to Life Insurance Corporation of India ?
A.Oriental Bank of Commerce
B.State Bank of India
C.Central Bank of India
D.Bank of India
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Bank of India
Explanation – Mumbai headquartered Bank of India has allotted 2 crore equity shares to Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) on preferential basis at the price of Rs 132.06 per share.
- Which of the following will manage and operate various credit guarantee funds ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.NCGTC
Explanation – The National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd (NCGTC Ltd), a wholly-owned company of Government of India, constituted under the Companies Act to manage and operate various credit guarantee funds.
- As per the Global Economic Prospect (GEP) report, what is the growth forecast of Indian economy in 2016-17 ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.7.8%
Explanation – According to the World Bank‘s latest Global Economic Prospect (GEP) report, India will continue to be the bright spot of the global economy and is projected to grow at a robust 7.8% in fiscal 2016-17.
- Union Cabinet gives nod to Memorandum of Association with which country for operation of traditional haats ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Bangladesh
Explanation – The Union cabinet has given its ex-post-facto approval to MoU with Bangladesh for Mode of Operation of Border haats on India-Bangladesh Border signed in 2010. Border Haats aka common marketplace.
- The first River Information System of India, will facilitate safe and accurate navigation on NW on which river ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Ganga
Explanation – Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the River Information System (RIS) which will facilitate safe and accurate navigation on National Waterway – 1 on the Ganges River.
- Which country’s court has accepted first same sex marriage rights lawsuit ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.China
Explanation – China’s first lawsuit on same-sex marriage rights has been accepted by a court, marking a milestone for gay, bisexual and transgender rights.
- Union Cabinet has approved signing of Memorandum of Association with which country in the field of Civil Aviation ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Singapore
Explanation – Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between India and Singapore on cooperation in the field of civil aviation which was signed in November 2015 between the Airports Authority of India and the Singapore Cooperation Enterprise.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has decided to to shut three units of HMT. Its headquarter is situated at which place ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Bengaluru
Explanation – Government decided to shut three units of HMT including HMT Watches, HMT Chinar Watches and HMT Bearings by offering an attractive voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) to the employees as per 2007 pay scales scales to mitigate the hardships being faced by the employees.
- US military has introduced a new designation with which “alphabet” that can be attached to medals given to drone operators ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.R
Explanation – To recognise U.S. troops who have directly affected battles as drone pilots or in cyber operations, the Defense Department has awarded them with Pentagon Award.
It is a new award for drone pilots will be a letter “R” (device) to be affixed to existing service medals.
- Vedanta Ltd has appointed which of the following as its head for Metals business in India ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Samir Cairae
Explanation – Vedanta Ltd appointed Samir Cairae as CEO of the Metals division in India. He is an electrical engineer from IIT-Kanpur & has served various leadership positions at Lafarge and Schlumberger in the past.
- Which advertising platform has acquired CommonFloor.com(real estate portal) for Rs.1,300 crore ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – D.Quikr
Explanation – Quikr has finalised deal to acquire CommonFloor.com(real estate portal) for $200 million i.e. Rs.1,300 crore to strengthen its newly launched vertical, QuikrHomes.
- Which of the following has clinched gold at Swedish Air-Rifle Championship ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – C.Apurvi Chandela
Explanation – Apurvi Chandela has won Gold with a world record with a tally of 211.2 in the 10m Air Rifle at the Swedish Cup Grand Prix. For her outstanding performance in the tournament, she was awarded a Walther rifle, besides being crowned the best shooter (men and women combined).
- Labshankar Thakar, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – B.Writer
Explanation – A renowned Gujarati author Labhshankar Thakar(80) passed away. He was a modernist poet, playwright and story writer who was particularly influenced by bizarre theatre.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification