Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM Visit to HP: Launches Multiple Projects of over Rs 3650cr; Becomes first PM to attend Kullu Dussehra
ii.He also participates in the famous Kullu Dussehra celebrations at Dhalpur Ground of Kullu. With this he becomes first PM to attend Kullu Dussehra.
iii.He also attended the cultural event organised by the Students’ Central Association of Dr Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College at Tanda, near Dharamsala.
About Himachal Pradesh (HP):
HP is the first Indian state to approve a policy for drones.
Governor– Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary, Pong Dam Lake Wildlife Sanctuary, and Rakcham-Chitkul Wildlife Sanctuary
Airports– Kullu Manali Airport, Shimla Airport, Kangra Airport
>> Read Full News
6th India Mobile Congress 2022 held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi; 5G NSA Core launched by PM Narendra Modi
ii.It was inaugurated by the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi.
iii.The PM launched the 5G (5th Generation) Non-Standalone (NSA) Core, indigenously designed and developed by the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) at C-DOT pavilion at IMC 2022.
iv.PM also launched the first phase of 5G services in 13 Indian cities of Delhi, Gurugram (Haryana), Mumbai (Maharashtra), Pune (Maharashtra), Kolkata (West Bengal), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Chandigarh, Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Hyderabad (Telangana), Jamnagar (Gujarat).
v.Bharti Airtel has become the first telecom company to launch 5G services in India.
Static Points about 5G:
i.5G is a successor of 4G
ii.T-Mobile US was the 1st company in the world to launch a commercially available 5G NR (New Radio) Standalone network.
iii.In 2019, South Korea became the first country to commercially launch nationwide 5G services
iv.In March 2019, the Global Mobile Suppliers Association released the industry’s first database tracking worldwide 5G device launches.
v.On March 6, 2020, the first-ever all-5G smartphone Samsung Galaxy S20 was released.
vi.Following are the generations:
First generation – 1G
1980s: 1G delivered analog voice.
Second generation – 2G
Early 1990s: 2G introduced digital voice (e.g. CDMA– Code Division Multiple Access).
Third generation – 3G
Early 2000s: 3G brought mobile data (e.g. CDMA2000).
Fourth generation – 4G LTE
2010s: 4G LTE ushered in the era of mobile broadband.
>> Read Full News
President of India Droupadi Murmu’s Visit to Gujarat – October 3 – 4, 2022
- The President made a visit to Mahatma Gandhi’s Ashram residence, “Hridaykunj.”
Various Projects Launched by the President
President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated and laid the groundwork for a number of projects totaling Rs. 1,330 crore at the GMERS (Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society) campus in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- In Gujarat, she has also launched educational initiatives like the Sainik School, the Girls Literacy Residential School, and the Eklavya Model Residential School.
- On October 4, 2022, the President launched “herSTART,” a Gujarat University start-up platform for women entrepreneurs, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
>> Read Full News
WEG Commissions India’s First 4.20-MW Wind turbine generator in Tirunelveli
- Gujarat and Tamil Nadu will be the main players in this power generation mission.
i.This facility has been set the target of producing 500 GW of power through renewable energy sources by 2030, out of which, solar energy would account for 300 GW and other renewable energy sources would be tapped optimally to generate the remaining 200 GW.
- Additionally, the facility would generate 35 GW of solar power and 35 GW of wind power separately.
ii.This is equivalent to the windmills that are installed in Aralvaimozhi Pass, where around 3,000-odd windmills have been placed at a capacity to generate power up to 2 MW.
About WEG Industries Private Limited:
The WEG Industries Private Limited is involved in a range of businesses, including power generation, mining, oil, gas, and sugar industries.
- It has its manufacturing unit in India at SIPCOT Industrial Estate, Hosur.
Managing Director (for India) – Jean Carlo Butske
Headquarters (India) – Benguluru, Karnataka
DFS Increases Credit Guarantee Limit to Rs. 1500 Crore for Aviation Sector
i.According to modified ECLGS, an airline would be eligible for 100 percent of its fund- based or non-fund-based loan outstanding or Rs. 1,500 crore, whichever is lower.
- Earlier, the sector was allowed to borrow up to 50 percent of their highest fund-based credit outstanding or Rs. 400 crore per borrower, whichever is lower.
ii.The other criteria, terms and condition parameters prescribed under the operational guidelines of the ECLGS on 30th August 2022, will be applicable.
i.The ECLGS was launched in May 2020 to help various sectors to get credit at a concessional rate of 7 percent and then in 2022 the Union Cabinet approved the enhancement in the limit of ECLGS from Rs 50,000 crore to Rs 5 lakh crore.
ii.Under the new modified scheme, a collateral-free liquidity at reasonable interest rates is provided to the aviation industry and in addition, banks will also support in providing collateral-free loans to its existing borrowers to help improve businesses.
- In march 2022, Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) was extended till March 2023.
Note – Till August 2022, loans worth around Rs 3.67 lakh crore have been sanctioned under ECLGS.
India Becomes World’s Largest Producer, Consumer & 2nd Largest Exporter of Sugar
Of these, 35 LMT of sugar was channelled to the production of ethanol, while 359 LMT of sugar was produced by sugar mills.
i.The Sugar Season (SS) 2021-22 recorded highest sugar exports of over 109.8 LMT despite receiving no financial support (subsidy) from the Government of India (GoI), which was extended upto 2020-21.
ii.The season saw all-time record levels for sugarcane production, sugar production, sugar exports, cane procurement, cane dues paid, and ethanol production.
- More than Rs. 1.18 lakh crore worth of sugarcane was procured by sugar mills during SS 2021–22, and more than Rs. 1.12 lakh crore was paid out without any assistance from GoI.
- Sugar mills/distilleries generated around Rs. 18,000 crore in revenue from the sale of ethanol in 2021-22.
- India’s sugar industry exported about Rs. 40,000 crores in foreign currency, with favourable international prices and GoI policies.
iii.The capacity of molasses/sugar-based distilleries to produce ethanol has expanded to 605 crore litres per year, and progress is still being made toward the 20% blending target by 2025 set by the Ethanol Blending with Petrol (EBP) Programme.
iv.A timely government response helped the Indian Sugar Industry emerge from its financial crisis in 2018–19 and reach self-sufficiency in 2021–22.
Govt. sets up two advisory committees to iron out challenges in steel industry
About the Committees:
i.The two advisory committees were constituted for Integrated Steel Plants (ISPs) and the Secondary Steel sector.
ii.It consisted Members of the steel industry, associations, academia, and senior retired government officials.
iii.The committees take cognisance of the issues being faced by the sector and suggest ways as to achieve a targeted crude steel production capacity of 300 MT by 2030-31, as envisaged in the National Steel Policy 2017.
National Steel Policy 2017:
i.It has a long-term vision to enhance domestic consumption, produce high-quality steel and make the sector globally competitive.
ii.It aims to attain a steel production capacity in India of 300 MT by 2030.
About Ministry of Steel:
Union Minister- Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
Minister of State (MoS)-Faggan Singh Kulaste
Amazon announced to set up its 1st Solar Project in India
Amazon India has announced its 1st set of utility-scale Renewable Energy Projects of 3 solar farms in Rajasthan, India with a combined capacity of 420 MegaWatts (MW).
The 3 Solar Projects:
- A 210 MW project to be developed by ReNew Power, India’s leading renewable energy company;
- A 100MW project by Amp Energy India, India’s First Truly Balanced Renewable Energy IPP (Independent power producers) will be fully operational by the end of 2023;
- A 110MW project to be developed by Brookfield Renewable, the world’s largest investor in renewable power.
The partnership between the above-mentioned companies and Amazon has signed Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
i. The 3 solar farms collectively can generate 1,076,000 MW/hour (MWh) of renewable energy per year which is enough to power over 360,000 average-sized households in New Delhi, Delhi annually.
ii. Additionally, Amazon will also set up 23 new solar rooftop projects with a capacity to generate an additional 4.09 MW of power across 14 cities in India.
iii. This might increase Amazon’s total number of solar rooftop projects in India to 41 solar rooftops with 19.7 MW of renewable energy capacity.
iv. The bigger vision of Amazon is to expand its renewable energy portfolio globally, with an additional 2.7GW of clean energy capacity across 71 new renewable energy projects.
v. The company now has a total of 379 renewable energy projects across 21 countries (154 wind & solar farms; 225 rooftop solar projects (18.5 GW)).
About Amazon India:
Directors- Gautam Kumar Banswal, Atul Jain, and Perinchery Vasudevanraman Elayath
Chief Minister- Ashok Gehlot
Governor- Kalraj Mishra
EU approves adoption of world’s first single charger rule
The European Parliament approved the new rule to introduce a single charging port for electronic gadgets by 2024 in the European Union (EU).
- It aims to minimize e-waste and empower customers to make more sustainable choices.
- According to the new law all the new smartphones, tablets and cameras will have a single standard charger. From 2026, the rules will be expanded to include laptops.
- The new rules allow customers to choose between two chargers – one with and one without USB(Universal Serial Bus) -Type C chargers while purchasing a handheld device.
- Under the first phase of the law, which will be implemented from late 2024, all mobile phones, tablets and cameras sold in the EU have to be equipped with a USB Type-C charging port.
- It is expected to impact smartphone manufacturers such as Apple, since these rules will force changes in the charging port of iPhones and other devices for the users in the EU.
- It is expected to save at least 200 million euros (USD 195 million) every year and significantly bring down electronic waste every year.
MoS for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal Represents UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 in Mexico
The Minister of State for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal represented the Indian delegation at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)-MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference that was held in Mexico from 28th September 2022 to 30th September 2022.
- Culture Ministers of more than 100 countries participated in this multilateral conference.
i.The main aim of the conference is to overcome the challenges of the global community through cultural policies in respect to United Nation (UN)’s sustainable development goals (SDG).
ii.This also pertains to developing peace and security that is in-line with UN Secretary-General António Guterres report, titled ‘Our Common Agenda’, released in September 2021, which refers to culture as a ‘global public good, the good of us all’.
About UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference:
i.The UNESCO World Conference on Cultural Policies and Sustainable Development- MONDIACULT 2022 is convened by UNESCO, 40 years after the 1st Mondiacult World Conference on Cultural Policies were held in Mexico in 1982.
ii.The UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference is the 3rd such conference and the second conference was held in Stockholm, Sweden in 1998.
BANKING & FINANCE
Karnataka Bank launches ‘KBL Utsav’ loan campaign
Karnataka Bank Limited (KBL) launched a Special campaign “KBL UTSAV 2022-23” for Home loans, Car loans and Gold loans from 01 October 2022 to 31 December 2022 to cater to the festive demands.
- The customers can avail Home, Car and Gold loans with attractive interest rates, reduction in processing charges for Car & Gold loans, nil processing charges for Home loan, apart from other benefits across all its 880 Branches.
- The digital products are designed to ensure customer delight and satisfaction.
- It also has facilities such as real time customer authentication, hassle free and simplified digital processing, quick sanctions, no prepayment penalty etc.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
WTO Reduces Forecast for Global Trade to 1% in 2023
- The WTO, on the other hand, raised its projection for 2022 merchandise trade growth to 3.5% from 3% in April 2022.
As multiple shocks weigh on the global economy, global trade is forecasted to lose momentum in the second half of 2022 and remain modest in 2023.
i.Trade growth in 2023 might be as low as -2.8% if the adverse risks occur as expected.
ii.According to market exchange rates, the global GDP would rise by 2.8% in 2022 and 2.3% in 2023 (reduced down from 3.2%).
iii.In the second quarter (Q2), merchandise exports from the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region declined 10.4% quarter on quarter, while imports fell 21.7%.
- Exports from the CIS region are expected to fall by 5.8% in 2022.
iv.Of all the WTO regions, the Middle East is predicted to have the highest export growth in 2022 (14.6%), followed by Africa (6.0%), North America (3.4%), Asia (2.9%), Europe (1.8%), and South America (1.6%).
- On the import side, the Middle East recorded the fastest trade volume growth (11.1%), followed by North America (8.5%), Africa (7.2%), South America (5.9%), Europe (5.4%), Asia (0.9%), and CIS (-24.7%).
v.In Q2 2022, the USD value of merchandise trade increased 17% year-on-year.
vi.In August 2022, energy prices climbed 78% year over year, while food, grain, and fertilizer prices increased 11%, 15%, and 60%, respectively.
India’s Exports Decline in September 2022
- According to preliminary data released by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), India’s exports decreased by 3.52 % to USD 32.62 billion in September 2022, while the trade deficit increased to USD 26.72 billion.
- Despite an increase of 15.54 % to USD 229.05 billion in exports from April – September 2022–23, growth in July – August 2022 was merely moderate.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
PR Sreejesh & Savita Punia Becomes FIH Men’s and Women’s Goalkeepers of the Year 2021-22
- Sreejesh got 39.9 total points in the voting, followed by Belgium’s Loic van Doren (26.3 points) and Netherlands’ Primin Blaak (23.2 points).
- Savita finished on top with 37.6 points in voting, followed by Belén Succi from Argentina in 2nd position with 26.4 and Australia stalwart Jocelyn Bartam with 16 pointsin 3rd position.
About PR Sreejesh:
i.Parattu Raveendran Sreejesh (PR Sreejesh) from Kerala had played in all 16 games in the FIH Hockey Pro League as India finished in the 3rd position.He also played in all 6 games at 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games (CWG) where India won the silver medal.
- In 2017, the Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri for his work in the field of sports.
ii.He has also completed 250 international appearances, becoming the 8th Indian and the only goalkeeper to play most games and is also the 3rd player to win back-to-back FIH Goalkeeper of the Year award.
- A similar feat was achieved by David Harte (Ireland) in 2015 and 2016, and Vincent Vanasch (Belgium) who won it three consecutive times from 2017 to 2019.
About Savita Punia:
i.Savita from Haryana will be called as “Great Wall of India”.She is the 3rd athlete to win the Women Goalkeeper of the Year 2021-22 for consecutive years since the inception of the award in 2014.
ii.Savita has been a part of FIH Hockey Pro League 2021-22 and has also inspired the team to win the bronze medal in the 2022 CWG in Birmingham.
About FIH Hockey Stars Awards 2021-22
- FIH Hockey Stars Awards 2021-22 recognized the Best Player, Goalkeeper, Rising Star and Coach of the Year.
- Additionally, awards for the Best Umpire of the Year, in men’s and women’s categories will be given, which will be selected by the FIH Officials Committee.
Tallest Durga Puja pandal: 136 ft pandal in Lucknow to enter Guinness Book as world’s tallest
The 136 feet tall Durga Puja pandal, situated in Jankipuram, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP) is to be certified by Guinness Book as the tallest ever pandal.
- Lucknow Durga Puja pandal will overpowered Kolkata’s 125 feet tall pandal, which held the current title of being the world’s tallest pandal.
- The pandal is a replica of the under-construction Chandrodaya temple of Vrindavan (Mathura), UP which is built to be one of the tallest religious monuments in the world with a height of above 700-ft and spread over 5,40,000 sq feet area.
- The pandal was built by the Utsav Puja Committee, which is also celebrating the Puja for the last 28 years.
- 52 artisans from Kolkata and Assam constructed the pandal over one month. Around Rs 32 lakhs were spent in making the tallest Durga Puja pandal.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Sujoy Lal Thaosen appointed as the 37th CRPF Director General
- The post was vacated with the superannuation of 1986-batch IPS officer Kuldiep Singh on September 30, 2022.
- The approval was given by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by the Prime Minister (PM).
About Sujoy Lal Thaosen:
i.He hails from Haflong in Dima Hasao district of Assam.
ii.Prior to this appointment, Sujoy Lal Thaosen was holding charge of Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) as well as the additional charge of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) chief.
About Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):
i.The Central Reserve Police Force is India’s largest Central Armed Police Force.
ii.It functions under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and is mandated to provide internal security in India.
Headquarters-New Delhi, Delhi
SBI General Insurance announces Kishore Kumar Poludasu as New MD & CEO
About Kishore Kumar Poludasu:
i. Kishore Kumar Poludasu has been associated with SBI since 1991.
ii. Before being MD&CEO at SBI General under State Bank Group, he was the Deputy Managing Director (DMD) of the bank (SBI).
iii. He is a seasoned Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) professional with 30 years of experience in Commercial banking.
iv. He was also instrumental in overseeing the integration of systems & processes and human resources during the merger between the State Bank of Mysore and SBI.
v. He has been associated with the establishment of the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID), an All India Financial Institution (AIFI) promoted by the Government of India as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) from the State Bank of India till September 2022.
About State Bank of India (SBI) General Insurance Company Limited:
MD&CEO- Kishore Kumar Poludasu
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Discovers New Evidence for Possibility of Liquid Water on Mars
i.A team of researchers from University of Nantes, University College, Dublin, and the Open University, used a range of techniques to examine the radar signal from NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor satellite that are identified on the south polar ice cap of Mars.
ii.The satellite has an ice-penetrating radar called MARSIS, through which the southern ice cap of Mars was penetrated and found an area of liquid water beneath the ice cap with strongly reflected radar signal.
iii.Like Earth, Mars also has thick water ice caps at both north and south poles, that is roughly equivalent to the Greenland Ice Sheet.
Note – In 2018, evidence from the European Space Agency’s Mars Express satellite challenged the assumption of water being in frozen solid form due to the cold Martian climate.
About Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO):
i.The MRO was launched in 2006 to study the Mars atmosphere and also serves as a key data relay station for other Mars missions.
ii.The MRO is equipped with a powerful camera, High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) for capturing the surface of the Martian land. This also pairs with mineral mapping by the Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars (CRISM).
DRDO Tests Three Unmanned Remote-Controlled Weaponised Boats in Maharashtra
On 5th October 2022 the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) tested three remotely unmanned, weaponized boats at Bhama Askhed Dam in Pune, Maharashtra.These were tested with no man on the vessel.
- These boats were developed by DRDO in collaboration with Sagar Defence Engineering, a defence production start-up.
i.The boats are used for surveillance purposes, patrols, and reconnaissance of overall maritime security with an endurance of about 4 hours. The boat is also mounted with a weapon system in case of any insurgency.
ii.Currently, the boat travels at a speed of 10 nautical miles per hour, which can be further increased to 25 nautical miles per hour.
iii.Some variants of the boats use an electric propulsion system with lithium batteries for operations, while few others are manufactured with petrol engines.
Note – This test is carried ahead of the Defence Exhibition, DefExpo-2022, that will be held from 18th October to 22nd October 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
Chairman – Dr Samir V Kamat
Founded in – 1958
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Tennis: Novak Djokovic Wins Tel Aviv Open 2022 Title
Tel Aviv Open 2022 ,also known as Tel Aviv Watergen Open 2022 was held in Tel Aviv, Israel.Former World No. 1 Novak Djokovic from Serbia won the men’s singles title 2022 against Marin Cilic of Croatia.It was his 89th overall victory and third championship of 2022. It is the indoor hard-court ATP(Association of Tennis Professionals) 250.
- He became the first man to win a title on hard, clay (Rome) and grass courts (Wimbledon) for 2022.
- Djokovic is now ranked No. 7 in the world, while Cilic is ranked No. 14.
Rohan Bopanna & Matwe Middelkoop clinch Men’s Doubles title
The duo of Rohan Bopanna (India) and Matwe Middelkoop (Dutch) won the ATP 250 Tel Aviv Watergen Open men’s doubles title.
- The top-seeded Indo-Dutch team won the championship by defeating the third-seeded Mexican-Argentine team of Santiago Gonzalez and Andres Molteni.
- With this, Bopanna and Middelkoop won their first ATP Tour championship, as a team.
i.The victory marked Bopanna’s third ATP title of the season; 22nd overall and 39th career doubles title.
ii.Together with Ramkumar Ramathan, a fellow Indian, Bopanna has won two titles in 2022 in Adelaide (Australia) and Pune (India).
iii.Bopanna, now ranked No. 22 in the world in the doubles individual rankings, is predicted to move up to No. 20 after the victory.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Against all Odds’: Book chronicles rise of Indian IT sector co-authored by S. ‘Kris’ Gopalakrishnan, N Dayasindhu & Krishnan Narayanan
A new book titled “Against All Odds: The IT story of India”, co-authored by S. ‘Kris’ Gopalakrishnan, N Dayasindhu & Krishnan Narayanan, and Published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) will be launched.
- The book provides an insider’s account and an anecdote-rich history of Indian IT (Information Technology) for over the last 60 years.
- It highlights the experiences of Indian industrialists who built and shaped the Indian IT sector.
- ‘Kris’ Gopalakrishnan-He is a co-founder of one of biggest IT companies Infosys. He is recipient of Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honour.
- N Dayasindhu-He is the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of itihaasa Research and Digital.
- Krishnan Narayanan-He is co-founder and President of itihaasa Research and Digital. He also served as member of Infosys Labs Management Council and President of IIT Madras Alumni Association.
Gujarat Govt announces Aatmanirbhar Gujarat Scheme for Assistance to Industries
On 5th October 2022, Bhupendra Patel, Chief Minister (CM) of Gujarat announced the ‘Aatmanirbhar Gujarat Schemes 2022’ for Assistance to Industries at Gandhinagar, Gujarat with an aim to strengthen the manufacturing sector in the state.
i. The scheme aims to attract industries and investors and create large-scale employment opportunities.
- Industries like Mega, heavy and micro industries as well as MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) will get different types of incentives under the scheme.
ii. The ‘Aatmanirbhar Gujarat’ scheme is expected to attract an investment of Rs.12.5 lakh crore generating employment opportunities for over 15 lakh people in Gujarat.
iii. Overall, 9 sectors including green energy ecosystem, sustainability and mobility have been recognised as thrust manufacturing sectors in line with Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
i. ‘Aatmanirbhar Gujarat’ is a response by the Gujarat Government to PM Narendra Modi’s call of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ on 75 years of India’s Independence.
ii. Aatmanirbhar Bharat- the vision of a new India intended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make the country and its citizens independent and self-reliant in all senses.
Incentives under the ‘Aatmanirbhar Gujarat’ scheme:
- Net SGST reimbursement to MSMEs up to 75% of fixed capital investment over 10 years.
- Large enterprises will get an interest subsidy of up to 12% on Fixed Capital Investment.
- EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) reimbursement for 10 years.
- Capital Subsidy up to Rs 35 lakhs for Micro Industries.
- Interest subsidy to MSMEs up to Rs 35 lakhs per annum for upto 7 years.
- Incremental incentives to women entrepreneurs, young entrepreneurs, startups and differently-abled entrepreneurs. Electricity Duty exemption for 5 years.
- Investment under Rs 1 crore would be considered a micro-unit and investment between Rs 1 crore and Rs 10 crore would be treated as a small-scale unit. In the case of Rs 10 to Rs 50 crore investment, the unit would be treated as medium scale.
- Investment above Rs 2,500 crore and employment to more than 2,500 persons shall be considered a mega industry under the scheme.
Chief Minister – Bhupendrabhai Patel
Governor- Acharya Devvrat
National Park – Gir National Park,Blackbuck National Park,Marine National Park, and, Vansda National Park
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 7 October 2022|
|1||PM Visit to HP: Launches Multiple Projects of over Rs 3650cr; Becomes first PM to attend Kullu Dussehra|
|2||6th India Mobile Congress 2022 held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi; 5G NSA Core launched by PM Narendra Modi|
|3||President of India Droupadi Murmu’s Visit to Gujarat – October 3 – 4, 2022|
|4||WEG Commissions India’s First 4.20-MW Wind turbine generator in Tirunelveli|
|5||DFS Increases Credit Guarantee Limit to Rs. 1500 Crore for Aviation Sector|
|6||India Becomes World’s Largest Producer, Consumer & 2nd Largest Exporter of Sugar|
|7||Govt. sets up two advisory committees to iron out challenges in steel industry|
|8||Amazon announced to set up its 1st Solar Project in India|
|9||EU approves adoption of world’s first single charger rule|
|10||MoS for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal Represents UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 in Mexico|
|11||Karnataka Bank launches ‘KBL Utsav’ loan campaign|
|12||WTO Reduces Forecast for Global Trade to 1% in 2023|
|13||PR Sreejesh & Savita Punia Becomes FIH Men’s and Women’s Goalkeepers of the Year 2021-22|
|14||Tallest Durga Puja pandal: 136 ft pandal in Lucknow to enter Guinness Book as world’s tallest|
|15||Sujoy Lal Thaosen appointed as the 37th CRPF Director General|
|16||SBI General Insurance announces Kishore Kumar Poludasu as New MD & CEO|
|17||NASA Discovers New Evidence for Possibility of Liquid Water on Mars|
|18||DRDO Tests Three Unmanned Remote-Controlled Weaponised Boats in Pune|
|19||Tennis: ATP 250 Tel Aviv Watergen Open 2022 – Novak Djokovic Wins Tel Aviv Final for 89th Career Title|
|20||Against all Odds’: Book chronicles rise of Indian IT sector by co-authored by S. ‘Kris’ Gopalakrishnan, N Dayasindhu & Krishnan Narayanan|
|21||Gujarat Govt announces Aatmanirbhar Gujarat Scheme for Assistance to Industries|