We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 7 June 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Ghar Ke Upar Solar Is Super: MoS Bhagwant Khuba launches NSEFI’s Pan-India Rooftop Solar Awareness Campaign
On June 5, 2022, a 3-year long Pan-India Rooftop Solar Awareness Campaign titled ‘Ghar Ke Upar Solar Is Super’ by the National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI) is launched by the Minister of State (MoS) Bhagwant Khuba, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) during an event at Bidar, Karnataka to urge public for installing solar rooftops.
It is initiated by NSEFI with support from the German Solar Association (BSW) and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) under the Sequa KVP Programme.
- It aim is to mobilize local government, citizens, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs), and Municipalities to spread awareness of Solar Rooftop among 100 Indian towns and cities, especially tier 2 and tier 3 towns/cities.
- KVP is acronym for Kammer- und Verbandspartnerschafts-Programm which means Chamber and Association Partnership Programme.
Subsidies for Solar Rooftop:
i.MNRE is providing 40% subsidy for households to install solar.
ii.Under PM-KUSUM (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan Yojana) scheme of Central Government, the farmers will be given 30% subsidy each by centre and state to install solar pumps.
iii.In North-Eastern States, Sikkim, J&K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Lakshadweep and A&N Islands, CFA of 50%, State Government subsidy 30%, Remaining 20% by the farmer.
Points to be noted:
i.The rooftop solar will provide major aid in achieving target of 500 GW (Giga Watt) of non-fossil by 2030. Karnataka alone has the potential of 1 GW rooftop solar.
ii.NSEFI is based in New Delhi, Delhi and its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is Subrahmanyam Pulipaka.
Lifestyle for the Environment Movement: PM Narendra Modi virtually launches Global Initiative
On June 5, 2022, the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi launched ‘Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE) Movement’ via video conferencing, the idea of which introduced by him during the 26th United Nations Climate Change (UNCC) Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow, Scotland in 2021.
- This launch resulted in the initiation of ‘LiFE Global Call for Ideas and Papers’ which invites individuals, universities, think tanks, non-profits and others worldwide to submit behavior change solutions that can drive climate-friendly behaviours among individuals, communities and organizations.
About LiFE Movement:
The LiFE envisages the replacement of the prevalent economy of ‘use-and-dispose’ with a circular economy of ‘Reduce, Reuse and Recycle’. There is a need to live a lifestyle in tune with our planet in order to make the environment sustainable.
- The people opting this lifestyle are regarded as ‘Pro-Planet People (P3)’.
i.India’s forest cover is increasing, therefore, the population of lions, tigers, leopards, elephants and rhinos are also rising.
ii.India’s commitment to reach 40% of installed electric capacity from non-fossil fuel-based sources has been achieved, 9 years ahead of schedule.
iii.The target of 10% ethanol blending in petrol has been achieved 5 months ahead of the November 2022 target.The blending was hardly 1.5% in 2013-14 and 5% in 2019-20.
iv.The framework ‘EAST’ that India, and other nations are using for behaviour change in connection with the environment and climate stands for Easy (E), Attractive (A), Social (S), and Timely (T).
- During the conference, the leaders added new acronym to it i.e. FEAST where F stands for Fun. It was coined by Cass Sunstein, Author of Nudge Theory and Behavioural Scientist at Harvard University, United States (US).
The programme also witnessed the participation of Bill Gates, Co-Chairman Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; Ms. Inger Anderson, UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) Global Head; Aniruddha Dasgupta, CEO and President World Resources Institute (WRI); Achim Steiner, UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) Global Head; and David Malpass, World Bank President, among others.
Ex SAMPRITI-X 2022: India-Bangladesh hold Joint Military Exercise in Bangladesh
A joint military training exercise between the armies of India and Bangladesh, ‘Ex SAMPRITI-X 2022’ commenced at Jessore military station in Bangladesh from June 5 to June 16, 2022. It is a part of the ongoing India Bangladesh bilateral defence cooperation.
To strengthen the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between both armies
i.The Indian contingent is represented by a battalion of the Dogra regiment and Bangladesh is represented by Border Guards.
ii.During the exercise both sides will share expertise in multiple simulated scenarios of counter-terrorism, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief under the United Nations (UN) mandate. This will contribute to peace and stability in the region.
iii.The exercise will culminate with a final validation exercise in which army troops of both nations will jointly practice a counter-terrorism operation in a simulated environment.
iv.This exercise will also enable greater cultural understanding to further strengthen trust and cooperation between India and Bangladesh.
India & Canada sign MoU for Stronger Cooperation on Climate Action
On June 02, 2022, India and Canada signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to boost bilateral cooperation on climate action, environmental protection, and conservation.
- The MoU was signed by Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change(MoEF&CC), Government of India and Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Government of Canada on the sidelines of the “Stockholm+50: a healthy planet for the prosperity of all–our responsibility, our opportunity” (Stockholm+50), at Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden.
It was made possible by a previous meeting between the two ministers during the Conference of Parties 26 (COP26) of the United Nations (UN) Climate Change Conference 2021 in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom (UK).
“Stockholm+50: a healthy planet for all – our responsibility, our chance” (Stockholm+50)
i. Stockholm+50 is an international conference that took place in Stockholm, Sweden on June 2-3, 2022, five decades after the 1st UN Conference on the Environment in 1972. It is hosted by Sweden and organised by the UN, with support from the Government of Kenya.
ii.The event gave world leaders the chance to draw on 50 years of multilateral environmental effort to take the bold and urgent steps required to ensure a better future on a healthy planet.
iii. The event focused on the Earth’s triple planetary crisis – climate, nature, and pollution. It will hasten the implementation of the UN Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Climate Agreement, and the post-2020 global Biodiversity Framework, as well as support the adoption of green post-COVID-19 recovery plans.
Features of the MoU:
i. Both countries have agreed to work together, share information and expertise, and support each other’s goals in various areas, such as increasing renewable energy capacity, decarbonizing heavy industries, reducing plastic pollution, promoting chemical safety, and ensuring sustainable consumption.
ii.India and Canada aspire to assist each other’s climatic and environmental goals by devising effective, long-term solutions that will also allow for economic growth and employment creation.
- Canada possesses established sustainable technologies such as water and waste management systems, clean hydrogen, smart grids, and energy storage, that could benefit India.
iii. The MOU expands on existing cooperation between the two countries, such as members of the High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People, which is urging world leaders to create a post-2020 global biodiversity framework that will conserve 30% of the world’s marine and terrestrial areas by 2030. (30×30).
- India is an important partner in combating climate change and environmental issues. By 2030, India will become the world’s third-largest economy and is currently the world’s third-largest emitter of greenhouse gases (GHGs), after China and the United States.
- India has increased its goal of reducing the emission intensity of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from 35% to 45%. It also plans to generate half of its electricity from renewable sources by 2030, up from 40 %.
NATO Holds Baltic Sea Naval Exercises with NATO Allies and Partner Nations
On 5th June 2022 North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) initiated BALTOPS (Baltic Operations) 22, a two-week 51st iteration of the premier maritime-focused exercise took place from June 5-17 ,2022 on the Baltic Sea. It is being hosted by Sweden.
- It comprised of more than 7,000 sailors, airmen and marines from 16 nations, involving 45 vessels and 75 aircrafts including 2 aspiring to join the military alliance, Finland and Sweden.
- As NATO’s close partners, Finland and Sweden have participated in the naval drill since the mid-1990s.
- It will be linked to the 500th anniversary of the Royal Swedish Navy and – for the second time – to the German-led Multinational Air Group Days (MAGDAYs) exercise, another stepping stone of combined interaction and operations.
- The exercise is led by U.S. Naval Forces Europe and U.S. Sixth Fleet, command and controlled by STRIKFORNATO. Royal British Navy Rear Adm. James Morley, STRIKFORNATO deputy commander, will command the exercise control group.
- BALTOPS 22 is scheduled to end in the German port of Kiel on 17th June 2022.
- Participating Nations include 14 NATO Allies such as Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States and two NATO partner nations Sweden ,and Finland.
Note – The annual BALTOPS naval exercise was initiated in 1972.BALTOPS is an annual exercise that visibly demonstrates NATO’s commitment to preserving regional peace and security by exercising a team of international forces that can rapidly respond in a time of crisis.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO):
Secretary General – Jens Stoltenburg
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
TCS Retains its 10th Position Among Global BPM Providers in 2021
As per estimates by outsourcing consultancy Everest Group, Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) has retained its 10th position among the top global Business Process Management (BPM) providers in 2021.
- TCS ranking was based on the composite revenue of over USD 3 billion for TCS, and revenue growth, which grew by 14-16% over 2020.
About Global Ranking:
The Everest Group’s top 50 ranking is based on both 75 % of composite revenue and 25 % of year-on-year growth.Growth has two sub-parameters: absolute growth and percentage growth.
- Absolute growth which is measured as change in revenue in US dollar million, accounting for 12.5% of the composite score ,and
- Percentage growth which is measured as percentage change in BPM revenue that accounts for the other 12.5%.
i.The Top 5 fastest growing companies year-on-year were Tech Mahindra, Telus International, Majorel, Teleperformance and Comdata.
- Also, the BPM businesses of Infosys, Wipro and Tech Mahindra were ranked at 20, 21 and 22 with revenue of USD 1.3 billion, USD 1.4- USD 1.5 billion and USD 675 million respectively.
ii.The Top 5 BPM players in terms of revenue were Automatic Data Processing, Inc(ADP) , TelePerformance, Accenture, Concentricx ,and Cytal Group.
About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS):
CEO & Managing Director – Rajesh Gopinathan
Established – 1968
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
PM Modi Virtually Addresses 2022 Rotary International Convention, Houston, USA
On 5th June 2022, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi, virtually addressed the 2022 Rotary International Convention, being held in George R. Brown Convention Center (GRB), Houston, Texas, the United States of America(USA) from 4th June to 8th June 2022. The 113th annual Rotary International Convention is organised by Rotary International.
- Houston is hosting the Rotary convention for the 3rd time, marking the 50th anniversary of the 1972 Rotary International convention(Houston).
- The convention, connecting more than 1.2 million members of around 36000 Rotary Clubs from across 200 countries, brings together the global network of volunteer leaders dedicated to tackling the world’s most pressing humanitarian challenges.
BANKING & FINANCE
Bajaj Finance Launches Financial Education Initiative, ‘Har Time EMI on Time’
Bajaj Finance Limited, the lending arm of Bajaj Finserv Limited, a leading financial services conglomerate, has launched the financial education awareness campaign –‘Har Time EMI on Time’.
- It’s a digital, multilingual campaign aimed at raising awareness about the importance and benefits of good financial habits for a secure financial future and timely loan repayments in order to take advantage of the market’s varied financial offerings.
‘Har Time EMI On Time’ is a follow-up to its original educational series, ‘ABC of EMI,’ which debuted in February 2022 during Financial Literacy Week.
- It highlighted Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) and the aspects associated with it such as interest rate, zero down payment, credit score, and so on.
Significance Of the Digital Campaign:
i. The campaign highlights the benefits of timely EMI payments, the consequences of late EMI payments, ways to keep their credit score healthy for future borrowings, and simplified definitions of key financial terminologies.
ii.Gupta ji, who is renowned for ‘SavdhaanRahein. Safe Rahein’, a public awareness campaign on financial fraud risks, is featured in the brand campaign, in which he teaches Tinku Ji the simple ways of paying monthly EMIs on time.
iii. The campaign will be available on all of Bajaj Finance Limited’s digital domains, including websites, social media platforms, customer portals, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), mobile apps, and other media infotainment channels.
Some Of the Reasons Why EMI Payments Should Always Be Made on Time:
A healthy credit score: A credit score is an important aspect of anyone’s financial profile, and lenders examine a borrower’s CIBIL score before approving a new loan. The higher the credit score of the borrower, the faster the borrower may be able to obtain another loan.
A steady repayment history: It entails making all loan payments on time and in full, never missing a payment deadline. Delayed payments appear on the CIBIL report, potentially lowering the borrower’s score.
Avoid a late payment penalty: Missing an EMI payment on the due date results in a default on the payment commitment. In addition to the EMI payment, the borrower is charged a penalty.
Note: CIBIL Score is a 3-digit numeric summary of one’s credit history, rating, and report, which varies from 300 to 900. The closer the score is to 900, the better the credit rating.
PSBs doubled their Net Profit to record Around Rs 66,539cr in FY22
ii.This net profit by all PSBs is the first time in several years.
iii.However, despite the profit, PSBs lagged behind their private banks, which reported a net profit of over Rs 91,000 crore, 29% higher than previous year’s Rs 70,435 crore.
iv.The State Bank of India (SBI) was marked with a highest net profit of Rs 31,675 crore – an increase of 55% over the previous year. It accounted for 47% of the total profits of the PSBs.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
>> Read Full News
ICICI Home Finance & Easy Home Finance Forms Co-Lending Partnership
Easy Home Finance Limited (EHFL), Technology-Enabled Home Finance Company, and ICICI Home Finance Company Limited (ICICI HFC) have entered into a co-lending partnership to provide affordable home loans in India.
- The co-origination, underwriting and disbursement operations from EHFL & ICICI HFC together will enable a seamless process for new home buyers.
ICICI HFC, a housing finance company, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Ltd and regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
i. This partnership will combine ICICI HFC’s affordable housing expertise with EHFL’s digital skills to enable speedy disbursement of affordable home loans, allowing people to realise their dream of owning a home.
- Customers will benefit from EHFL’s asset-light Neo Banking Mortgage model and a wider reach for digital home loans, which will be integrated with ICICI HFC’s rural-urban connect.
ii.ICICI HFC has helped developers with a variety of house loans, including regular home loans, affordable home loans, Loan Against Property (LAP), Micro LAP, home improvement loans, and construction finance.
iii. Customers will benefit from the partnership since it will provide them with paperwork-efficient, cost-effective, and hassle-free home loans available, along with highly interactive digital experiences.
- ESAF Bank & EHFL have previously announced a MaaS (Mortgage as a Service) cooperation.
- EHFL previously received Series-A funding from Xponentia Capital, Harbourfront Japan, Finsight VC, RaSa Future Fund, Navida Capital Sweden, and Integra Software.
About ICICI Home Finance Company Ltd (ICICI HFC):
MD & CEO – Anirudh Kamani
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India’s Forex Reserves Rise Above USD 600 billion
According to the Reserve Bank of India(RBI)’s data, India’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves for the week ended May 27 increased by USD 3.854 billion to USD 601.363 billion led by an increase in India’s Foreign Currency Assets(FCA). India’s forex reserves have increased for the 2nd consecutive week after falling for 10 straight weeks.
According to RBI’s weekly statistical supplement, all the components of the forex reserves rose during the week ended May 27 led by a sharp jump in the FCA
- India’s FCA, the major component of forex reserve, increased by USD 3.610 billion to USD 536.988 billion during the week under review.
- The FCA had increased by USD 3.825 billion in the previous week.
- The FCA include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-dollar currencies like the Euro, Pound Sterling and the Japanese Yen.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Albania Elects General Major Bajram Begaj as New President
Albania’s parliament has elected a top military official, General Major Bajram Begaj as its new president after no candidates were nominated in three rounds of voting.
- The outgoing President Ilir Meta signed the decree on Begaj’s dismissal as Chief of General Staff of the AAF.
i.Earlier, Bajram Begaj held the post of the Chief of General Staff of the Albanian Armed Forces (AAF).
ii.He is Albania’s 8th president and the 3rd from the military ranks.
iii.Bajram Begaj will take oath as the new president on 25th July 2022 to replace the current president ‘Ilir Meta’, who will remain in office until 22nd July 2022.
Capital – Tirana
Currency – Albanian lek
Prime minister – Edi Rama
MS Dhoni Becomes Brand Ambassador in Garuda Aerospace
On 6th June 2022, Garuda Aerospace appointed former Indian cricket World Cup(2011)-winning captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni(MS Dhoni) as its brand ambassador. He will also be one of their minority shareholders of Garuda Aerospace, a Chennai-based aviation and aerospace component manufacturing firm.
- According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), a report by BIS Research the global drone market is currently dominated by the US, China and Israel and its estimation reaches to USD 28.47 billion in FY 22, with India accounting for about 4.25% of the share.
i.Recently the company has announced its support towards agriculture by selling drones to village-level entrepreneurs or pesticide and fertilisers retailers.
ii.The agricultural drones are unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) that help with agricultural production, crop growth monitoring, and agriculture operations optimization.
About Garuda Aerospace:
Drone startup, Garuda Aerospace is a Chennai-based aviation and aerospace component manufacturing firm that deals with designing and building of unmanned aerial vehicles.
- It is equipped with 300 drones and 500 pilots operating in 26 cities.
Established – 2015
Founder & CEO – Agnishwar Jayaprakash
World’s 1st Fishing Cat Census: 176 fishing cats found during survey in Chilika Lake
The world’s 1st population estimation of Fishing Cat was undertaken outside the protected area network in Chilika lake in Odisha state.There were 176 Fishing Cats found in the lake and the estimation was conducted by the Chilika Development Authority (CDA) in collaboration with The Fishing Cat Project (TFCP).
- A range of 131 – 237 species have been recorded as Schedule-I species during the survey.
i.Spatially Explicit Capture-Recapture (SECR) method along with around 150 camera traps were deployed for nearly 30 days to analyse the data
ii.According to CDA, the estimation was conducted in two phases.
- In 2021, Phase-I was conducted in the 115 sq km marshland present in the north and north-eastern section of Chilika and its surrounding areas.
- In 2022, Phase II was conducted in the Parikuda side along with the coastal islands of Chilika.
iii.About Fishing Cat – The Fishing Cat is a globally threatened species found in marshlands, mangroves, flooded forests and other wetlands of 10 Asian countries but have remained untraced in Vietnam and Java for more than a decade.
Note – In 2022, the CDA had declared its intent to adopt a 5-year action plan for fishing cat conservation in Chilika.
About Chilika Lake:
i.Chilika lake is Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon and first Indian wetland of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
ii.It Spread over the Puri, Khurda and Ganjam districts of Odisha state on the east coast of India, at the mouth of the Daya River.
- It houses around 176 fishing cats and Irrawaddy dolphins, which is the major attraction.
iii.It also remains home for migrating birds from the Caspian Sea, Lake Baikal, Aral Sea, remote parts of Russia, Kirghiz steppes of Mongolia, Central and South East Asia, Ladakh and the Himalayas.
World Environment Day 2022 – June 5
The United Nations (UN)’s World Environment Day is annually observed across the globe on 5th June to create awareness about the importance of protecting the environment.
- The day also aims to promote the involvement of various stakeholders like government, corporate, and individuals to focus on environmental issues.
- The annual observance of World Environment Day has been led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) since 1973.
The theme of World Environment Day 2022 is Only One Earth.
Note: “Only One Earth” was the slogan for the first UN Conference on the Human Environment, held in Stockholm, Sweden in 1972.
Host of World Environment Day 2022:
World Environment Day 2022 is hosted by Sweden.
- The year 2022 also marks the 50-year anniversary of the 1972 Stockholm Conference.
About United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP):
Executive-Director– Inger Andersen
Incepted in 1972
Headquarters- Nairobi, Kenya
>> Read Full News
International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing 2022 – June 5
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing is annually observed across the globe on 5th June to highlight Fish as one of the important commodities for achieving food security.
- The Day provides a platform to address issues like illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing activities, that comprise the efforts of the international communities to ensure the sustainability of fisheries.
5th June 2022 marks the observance of the 5th International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.
i.The 40th Session of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO) Conference, held in Rome, Italy, from 3rd to 8th July 2017, adopted the resolution entitled “Observance of the International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing”.
ii.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/72/72 on 5th December 2017 and proclaimed the 5th June of every year as the International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.
- The first-ever International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing was observed on 5th June 2018.
2022 – International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture (IYAFA 2022):
The celebration of the International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture 2022 (IYAFA 2022) is led by the FAO in collaboration with other relevant organizations and bodies of the United Nations system.
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO):
Director-General- QU Dongyu
Headquarters– Rome, Italy
>> Read Full News
World Pest Day 2022 – June 6
World Pest Day, also known as World Pest Awareness Day, is annually observed across the globe on 6th June to create awareness about the need for pest management and the role of pest management organisations in protecting public health.
The Day also highlights the big threats caused by small pests.
i.World Pest Day was initiated by the Chinese Pest Control Association, and co-sponsored by the Federation of Asian and Oceania Pest Managers’ Association (FAOPMA), the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), and the Confederation of European Pest Management Associations (CEPA).
ii.The ceremony of the first-ever World Pest Day was held at the Beijing Hotel on 6th June 2017
>> Read Full News
UN Russian Language Day 2022 – June 6
The United Nations(UN)’s Russian Language Day is annually observed across the globe on June 6th to create awareness about the history, culture and development of the Russian language. The day also aims to celebrate cultural diversity and multilingualism.
- 6th June marks the birth anniversary of Russian poet Aleksandr Sergeev Pushkin (A.S. Pushkin), the sun of Russian poetry, and the founder of modern Russian literature.
- A.S. Pushkin was born on 26th May 1799(Julian calendar) which falls on 6th June in the Georgian calendar, in Moscow, Russia.
Every year, Russia celebrates June 6th as “Pushkin Day”.
>> Read Full News
Sikkim Declared Blue Duke as state Butterfly
On the occasion of World Environment Day (5th June 2022), the government of Sikkim declared the Blue Duke(scientific name: Bassarona durga durga), a species of nymphalid butterfly found in the Himalayas, as the State Butterfly of Sikkim. Blue duke was declared as the State Butterfly based on an online poll in which it secured 57% of the votes and Krishna Peacock (Papilio krishna) secured the 2nd position in the poll with 43% of the votes.
- Blue Duke, discovered in the state in 1858, falls in Schedule 2 of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 and is a highly protected butterfly species in the Himalayas.
- It is found at an altitude below 1500 metres in the Himalayas
The idea of the state butterfly was proposed by Butterfly enthusiast Nosang M Limboo, also known as the Butterfly Man of Sikkim.
Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot Introduced Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the State for Sportspersons
Rajasthan Chief Minister(CM) Ashok Gehlot announced that the state government is set to introduce the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award to the State’s sportspersons. He made the announcement while addressing the inauguration and player award ceremony at Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- The CM inaugurated Rajasthan High-Performance Sports and Rehabilitation Centre, Renovated Synthetic Hockey Astro Turf and Badminton Indoor Hall, Olympic and also awarded Para Olympic medalists, Asian Games-2022 and Commonwealth Games-2022 players.
- He also informed that Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympics will commence on 29th August 2022 in which more than 27 lakh players of all ages can participate.
- He also released the torch of the Rural Olympic during the event.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 7 June 2022|
|1||Ghar Ke Upar Solar Is Super: MoS Bhagwant Khuba launches NSEFI’s Pan-India Rooftop Solar Awareness Campaign|
|2||Lifestyle for the Environment Movement: PM Narendra Modi virtually launches Global Initiative|
|3||Ex SAMPRITI-X 2022: India-Bangladesh hold Joint Military Exercise in Bangladesh|
|4||India & Canada sign MoU for Stronger Cooperation on Climate Action|
|5||NATO Holds Baltic Sea Naval Exercises with Finland, Sweden|
|6||TCS Retains its 10th Position Among Global BPM Providers in 2021|
|7||PM Modi Virtually Addresses 2022 Rotary International Convention 2022, Houston, USA|
|8||Bajaj Finance Launches Financial Education Initiative, ‘Har Time EMI on Time’|
|9||PSBs doubled their Net Profit to record Around Rs 66,539cr in FY22|
|10||ICICI Home Finance & Easy Home Finance Forms Co-Lending Partnership|
|11||India’s Forex Reserves Rise Above USD 600 billion|
|12||Albania Elects General Major Bajram Begaj as New President|
|13||MS Dhoni Invests in Garuda Aerospace; Becomes Brand Ambassador|
|14||World’s 1st Fishing Cat Census: 176 fishing cats found during survey in Chilika|
|15||World Environment Day 2022 – June 5|
|16||International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing 2022 – June 5|
|17||World Pest Day 2022 – June 6|
|18||UN Russian Language Day 2022 – June 6|
|19||Sikkim Declared Blue Duke as state Butterfly|
|20||Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot Introduced Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the State for Sportspersons|