We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 27 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
‘Make in India’ Completes 8 Years: Annual FDI Doubles to USD 83 Billion
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the initiative on September 25, 2014, at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi, Delhi.
Objective: To promote investment, foster innovation, boost skill development, protect intellectual property, enhance India’s ranking on the Ease of Doing Business index, and create world-class manufacturing infrastructure in India.
- Implementing Agency: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI).
Under Make in India 2.0, it focuses on 27 sectors, including 15 sectors under the manufacturing sector, which is coordinated by DPIIT, MoCI, and 12 sectors under the service sector, which is coordinated by the Department of Commerce, MoCI.
About Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS) – Anupriya Singh Patel ; Som Parkash
>> Read Full News
Union MoS&T Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh’s Visit to USA – September 20- 25, 2022
Dr. Jitendra Singh Addresses Roundtable On “Net Zero Built Environment with Connected Communities” At Global Clean Energy Action Forum-2022
Dr. Jitendra Singh attended the first-ever “Global Clean Energy Action Forum 2022,” a joint convening of the 13th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM 13) and the 7th Mission Innovation (MI 7) ministerials, which was held September 21-23, 2018 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- He also addressed the forum’s Roundtable on “Net Zero Built Environment with Connected Communities.”
At the forum, he led a high-level joint Indian ministerial official delegation from the Ministry of Power, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and MoS&T.
During the first roundtable on “Sustainable Bioenergy and Bio-Refineries” at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum 2022, Dr. Jitendra Singh announced the launch of the “Innovation Roadmap of the Mission Integrated Biorefineries”.
The International Solar Alliance (ISA), a coalition of 121 nations working to promote economical and eco-friendly solar energy, has established a corporate advisory group in conjunction with the 13th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM 13).
About United States of America (USA)
President – Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.
Capital – Washington, D.C.
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Union Bank of India launches Ethical Hacking Lab in Hyderabad
Union Bank of India (UBI) launched the ‘Ethical Hacking Lab’ at the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CCoE) in Hyderabad, Telangana to strengthen the cyber ecosystem in India. The lab was inaugurated by A. Manimekhalai, Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of UBI.
- The aim of the initiative is to build a cyber defence mechanism to safeguard the Bank’s Information Systems, Digital Assets, Channels etc. against potential cyber threats.
- The initiative will establish multiple cyber security centres to strengthen the Bank’s security and collaborate with cyber defence industries, Government bodies, etc., for implementing new technologies.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
BPCL Signs MoU with Brazilian Oil Company Petrobras to Diversify Crude Oil Sourcing
- India for the first time, signed a long term crude oil supply agreement with Petrobras.
The MoU was signed by Arun Kumar Singh, Chairman BPCL and Caio Paes de Andrade, CEO Petrobras, in Brazil.
i.This MoU will strengthen future crude oil trade relations between BPCL & Petrobras and also explore potential crude import opportunities by BPCL, on a long term basis, especially considering the current geopolitical situations.
ii.Bharat PetroResources Limited (BPRL), a production subsidiary of BPCL is set to invest USD 1.6 billion to develop an oil block in Brazil.
- BPRL holds a stake in an ultra-deep water hydrocarbon block in Brazil, owned and operated by Petrobras.
In July 2022, the Government of India approved to invest an additional USD 1.6 billion in the Brazilian oil block BM SEAL-11. It is set to start production from 2026-2027.
- Petrobras is the operator of the block with 60% interest and BPRL holds 40% stake in the block.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Chairman & Managing Director (MD) – Arun Kumar Singh
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – Caio Mário Paes de Andrade
Headquarters – Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
President of India Presents National Service Scheme Awards for the Year 2020-21
- A total of 42 awards have been awarded including 2 Universities, 10 NSS units, their programme officers, and 30 NSS volunteers received the awards.
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State (MoS) for Youth Affairs and Sports Nisith Pramanik, and youth affairs secretary Sanjay Kumar participated in the event.
About NSS Awards:
i.The NSS awards are conferred every year by the Department of Youth Affairs, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- These awards are conferred to recognise and reward outstanding contributions towards voluntary community service to promote NSS in India.
NSS Awards 2020-2021 Categories:
|Category||Number of awards||Value|
|University/ +2 Council||2||1st Award – Rs.5 Lakh for NSS Programme Development with a Trophy to the University/ +2 Council, along with a certificate and a silver medal to the programme coordinator.
2nd Award – Rs.3 Lakh for NSS Programme Development with a Trophy to the University/ +2 Council, along with a certificate and a silver medal to the programme coordinator.
|NSS Units and their Programme Officers||10 +10||Rs.2 Lakh to each NSS Unit for NSS Programme Development along with a Trophy and Rs. 1.5 Lakh to each Programme Officer with a certificate and a silver medal.|
|NSS Volunteers||30||Rs. 1 Lakh to each volunteer along with a certificate and a silver medal.|
About National Service Scheme (NSS):
i.The NSS is a Central Sector Scheme (CSS) of the Government of India (GoI), under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MoYAS) that was launched in 1969, with an aim to provide experience to young students of schools and universities in delivering community services.
ii.NSS provides an opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class at +2 board level and student youth of technical institutions, graduate & post graduate (PG) at colleges and University level to take part in various government-led community service activities & programmes.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Lux Industries Limited appoints Sourav Ganguly as Brand Ambassador for Lux Cozi
Lux Industries Limited appointed Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador for its brand Lux Cozi.
- Sourav Ganguly is the president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Bollywood Actor Varun Dhawan is also a brand ambassador for the product.
- In August 2022, Lux Industries Limited launched a campaign with actor Salman Khan for its Venus brand.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s First Avalanche Monitoring Radar Installed in North Sikkim
- The radar was made operational by DGRE, a laboratory under the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) specialized in forecasting and mitigating avalanche hazards encountered by the Army in the Himalayan region.
- Lieutenant General Tarun Kumar Aich, Sukna based Tri Shakti Corps(33 Corps) commander, launched the radar at an altitude of 15,000 feet in North Sikkim.
i.This radar detects an avalanche in less than three seconds by scattering a series of brief microwave pulses towards the target. It can also be used to find landslides.
ii.The radar is an all-weather solution as it can see through snow, fog, and as well as at night.
iii.It covers an area of 2 square kilometres, eliminating the need for additional devices in avalanche-prone areas.
iv.The radar is also connected to an alarm system, providing automatic control and warning actions in the event of an avalanche.
- Automatically captured images and recordings of the event are saved for professional study in the future.
v.It will help to prevent property damage in extremely high-altitude areas and save the lives of soldiers.
About Defence Geoinformatics and Research Establishment (DGRE):
It is a new establishment formed with the merger of two premier DRDO labs – Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) Chandigarh & Defence Terrain Research Laboratory (DTRL) Delhi.
Raised on 15th November 2020.
China Launches Two New Experimental Satellites: Shiyan-14 and Shiyan-15
- This marks the 18th flight mission of the Kuaizhou-1A series rocket, operated by the Chinese company ExPace. Its first launch took place in 2017.
About the satellites:
The name Shiyan means ‘experiment’ in Chinese.
Shiyan-14 will be particularly used for scientific experiments and new technology verification, and Shiyan-15 will be used for land survey, urban planning and disaster prevention and mitigation.
Note – In 2021, China has launched 55 satellites into space and set a new national record when compared to 39 launches in 2018 and 2020.
i.On September 25, 2022, China sent a new remote sensing satellite – Yaogan-36, launched by a Long March-2D carrier rocket into space from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in the southwestern province of Sichuan.
ii.On Sepember 27, 2022. A Long March-6 rocket carrying three satellites blasts off from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China’s Shanxi Province.
The rocket sent the Shiyan-16A, Shiyan-16B, and Shiyan-17 satellites into the preset orbit.
Capital – Beijing
Currency – Renminbi
United States Spy Satellite NROL-91 launched into Orbit
- This launch was the 14th for the Delta IV Heavy configuration rocket since its debut in December 2004.
- This is also the 387th overall flight of the Delta rocket since 1960 and also the 95th and final launch from Vandenberg.
- Deltas will be replaced by ULA’s next-generation Vulcan Centaur rockets.
About Delta IV Heavy configuration rocket:
i.The rocket is about 233-foot-tall (71 metres) and is capable of lifting around 62,540 pounds (28,370 kgs) to low Earth orbit (LEO).
ii.Most Delta IV Heavy missions have carried NRO payloads into orbit.
iii. The Delta IV Heavy vehicles launched the Parker Solar Probe in 2018, humanity’s first mission to the Sun’s corona, on its journey to explore the Sun’s atmosphere and the solar wind, and took up the first flight test of Orion crew capsule in 2014.
About National Reconnaissance Office (NRO):
i.The NRO is the Department of Defence organisation that is responsible for developing, acquiring, launching and operating US spy satellites that provide intelligence data to policymakers, the intelligence community and Defence Department.
About United Launch Alliance (ULA):
President & CEO – Tory Bruno
Headquarters – Denver, Colorado
Indian cricketer Jhulan Goswami announced retirement from international cricket
About Jhulan Nishit Goswami:
i.Jhulan Nishit Goswami was born 25 November 1982, Nadia, West Bengal. She is famously known as ‘Babul’.
ii.She made her debut against England in 2002.
iii.She represented India in 12 Tests, 204 ODI and 68 T20Is (Twenty20 Internationals) picking 355 wickets.
iv.She served as the Captain of Indian Women’s Cricket Team (2008–2011)
i.Jhulan Goswami is the only female cricketer to bowl the most number of balls in her career (10005) Women’s ODI.
ii.She holds the record for taking most wickets in ODI career (255), which includes bowled, caught by wicket-keeper and Leg-Before Wicket (LBW).
iii.She is the youngest player to take 10 wickets in a test match (23y 277d – against England)
iv.Mithali Raj and Goswami are the only women to feature in 200-plus ODIs, having played 232 and 204 matches respectively.
v.43 Wickets for Jhulan Goswami in the women’s ODI World Cups, the most by any bowler in the competition. All 43 wickets have been of different batters.
- 2007 – ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- 2010 – Arjuna Award for cricket
- 2012 – Padma Shri for Sports (Cricket)
Oscar winner Louise Fletcher passed away
Oscar Award winning American actress, Estelle Louise Fletcher passed away at the age of 88 years in France.
- She was born on July 22, 1934 in Birmingham, Alabama, United States (US).
- She performed in various movies such as Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993–99), Cruel Intentions (1999), Netflix series Girlboss (2017). etc.
- She was nominated for two Emmy Awards for her roles in the television series Picket Fences (1996) and Joan of Arcadia (2004).
- She won an 48th Academy Award or Oscar Award in 1976 for Best Actress, for playing the villainous Nurse Ratched in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)”.
- She also won a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest in 1977, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) in 1976.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Vice President releases the book titled “Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta”
The Vice President (VP) of India, Jagdeep Dhankhar released the book titled “Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta” (five volumes) in New Delhi and on the occasion of birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on 25th September 2022.
- Dr Bajrang Lal Gupta is the Chief Editor of the book and it is published by ‘Kitabwale’ publication.
- The book shed a light on the importance of Pt Deendayal’s thoughts in contemporary times.
- Deendayal Upadhyay was the founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh and his vision on education was the basis of the new National Education Policy 2020.
- Rajnath Singh, Union Minister of Defence, Dr Murli Manohar Joshi, former Union Minister, Dr Bajrang Lal Gupta, Chief Editor of the book, and other dignitaries attended the event.
World Pharmacist Day 2022 – September 25
- The WPD Campaign, annually led by International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP – Federation Internationale Pharmaceutique), provides an opportunity to promote the pharmacy profession.
According to FIP, the theme of World Pharmacists Day 2022 is “Pharmacy united in action for a healthier world”.
i.The idea of the celebration of World Pharmacist Day was proposed by the Turkish Pharmacists Association at the 2009 council meeting of the FIP Congress held in Istanbul, Turkey.
ii.The Council unanimously accepted the proposal to designate the 25th September of every year as World Pharmacist Day.
- The first ever World Pharmacist Day was observed on 25th September 2010.
Why September 25th?
25th September was chosen to celebrate World Pharmacy Day(WPD) to mark the date of the establishment of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP). FIP was established on 25th September 1912.
i.Pharmacists play a major role in the healthcare industry and they take care of every individual in society. It is important to celebrate their hard work.
ii.Pharmacists, with the right responsibilities and in the right environments are crucial to ensuring the delivery of safe medical care and reducing adverse medication-related harm events in patients.
About International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP):
President- Dominique Jordan (Switzerland)
CEO- Dr Catherine Duggan
Headquarters- The Hague, Netherlands
Antyodaya Diwas 2022- September 25
- He was one of the most prominent personalities in the history of Indian politics.
- 25 September 2022 marks 106th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- ‘Antyodaya’ is one of the concepts promoted by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya which literally means, ‘the rise of the last person’
The day aims at reaching the weakest section of the society and to provide inclusive growth so that no member of the society is left behind.
i.On 25th September 2014, the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, the government of India (GOI) led by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi declared the 25th September of every year as “Antyodaya Diwas ” to honour Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
ii.25th September 2014 also marks the day on which the Ministry of Rural Development (MORD) revamped the Aajeevika Skills, a skill development program as “Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana” (DDU-GKY) a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
About the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya:
i.Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya was born on 25th September 1916 in Nagla Chandrabhan (present day Deendayal Dham), Mathura, Uttar Pradesh(UP).
ii.His philosophical idea of ” Integral humanism ” was adopted as the official doctrine of the Jan Sangh in 1965 and later the Bharatiya Janata Party .
iii.In 1940, he started the monthly publication Rashtra Dharma, broadly meaning ‘National Duty’.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-NRLM:
Aajeevika – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) or Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-NRLM was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) in June 2011.
- The investment support is provided by the World Bank.
World Rivers Day 2022- September 25
World Rivers Day 2022 was observed on 25th September 2022.
- World Rivers Day 2021 was observed on 26th September 2021.
- World Rivers Day 2023 will be observed on 24th September 2023.
The theme for World Rivers Day 2022 is ‘The importance of Rivers to Biodiversity’.
i. World Rivers Day was 1st observed in 2005 following the launch of the United Nations (UN)’s ‘International Decade for Action, “Water for Life”, 2005-2015‘.
ii. The day (World Rivers Day) was initiated by Mark Angelo, a Canadian river conservationist.
iii. The initiative to celebrate rivers was based on the success of British Columbia (BC) Rivers Day, Canada’s largest river appreciation event since 1980.
About Mark Angelo:
i. Mark Angelo is the founder and chair of both BC Rivers Day and World Rivers Day, an event now embraced by millions of people in up to 100 countries.
ii. In 2009, Mark Angelo was appointed as the inaugural chair of the Rivers Institute at the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
iii. He was the long-time head of the Fish, Wildlife and Recreation Program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT).
iv. He has received the Order of British Columbia and the Order of Canada (Canada’s highest honour) in recognition of his river conservation efforts over the past 40years.
International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons 2022 – September 26
- The day highlights the need to eliminate nuclear weapons and the social & economic cost of extending them.
- The Tenth Review Conference of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) took place at the United Nations Headquarters from 1 – 26 August 2022.
i. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted resolution A/RES/68/32 on 26 September 2013 and declared 26 September as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
ii. The 1st ever International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was observed on 26th September 2014.
- On 3 February 2021, the Parties agreed to extend the Treaty between the United States of America and the Russian Federation on Measures for the Further Reduction and Limitation of Strategic Offensive Arms (“new START”) until 4 February 2026.
About the United Nations (UN):
Secretary-General- António Guterres
Headquartered- New York, United States.
>> Read Full News
World Contraception Day 2022 – September 26
World Contraception Day (WCD) is annually observed across the globe on 26 September to improve awareness of contraception and to enable young people to make informed choices on their sexual and reproductive health.
- This campaign emphasises the value of reproductive health while shedding light on birth control options.
i. World Contraception Day was established by the 10 International Family Planning Organizations.
ii. The first-ever World Contraception Day was observed on 26 September 2007.
iii. The day is supported by about 15 international Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), medical & scientific communities, and governmental organizations for imparting the right knowledge about sexual and reproductive health.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), the significance of World Contraception Day is captured in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by all UN Member States in 2015.
Importance of Sexual & reproductive health-care Services:
i. Sexual & reproductive health-care services includes preventing and treating sexually transmitted infections, including HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)/AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
ii. This can also bring patients into the health care system, encouraging diagnosis and treatment of other diseases and conditions.
iii. Sexual & reproductive health-care services and SGDs: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Target 3.7 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) states: ‘by 2030 to ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes’.
i.Around 257 million women do not use safe, modern methods of contraception to avoid the pregnancy, while 172 million women out of 257 do not use any method for the same .
ii. United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the only United Nations agency addresses family planning.
World Environment Health Day 2022 – September 26
- The day aims to promote the improvement of environmental parameters and services of environmental health professionals.
The theme for the 2022 WEHD is “Strengthening Environmental Health Systems for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”.
- On the WEHD various seminars, workshops and quizzes are conducted to raise awareness about environmental health issues.
i.On 26th September 2011, the Board of Directors of the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) signed and proclaimed the 26th September of every year as “World Environment Health Day”.
ii.The first WEHD was officially held on 26th September 2011.
About International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH):
President – Henroy Scarlett
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom (UK)
>> Read Full News
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 27 September 2022|
|1||‘Make in India’ Completes 8 Years: Annual FDI Doubles to USD 83 Billion|
|2||Union MoS&T Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh’s Visit to USA – September 20- 25, 2022|
|3||Union Bank of India launches Ethical Hacking Lab in Hyderabad|
|4||BPCL Signs MoU with Brazilian Oil Company Petrobras to Diversify Crude Oil Sourcing|
|5||President of India Presents National Service Scheme Awards for the Year 2020-21|
|6||Lux Industries Limited appoints Sourav Ganguly as Brand Ambassador for Lux Cozi|
|7||India’s First Avalanche Monitoring Radar Installed in North Sikkim|
|8||China Launches Two New Experimental Satellites: Shiyan-14 and Shiyan-15|
|9||US National Reconnaissance Office Launches US spy satellite launched into orbit|
|10||Indian cricketer Jhulan Goswami announced retirement from international cricket|
|11||Oscar winner Louise Fletcher passed away|
|12||Vice President releases the book titled “Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta”|
|13||World Pharmacist Day 2022 – September 25|
|14||Antyodaya Diwas 2022- September 25|
|15||World Rivers Day 2022- September 25|
|16||International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons 2022 – September 26|
|17||World Contraception Day 2022 – September 26|
|18||World Environment Health Day 2022 – September 26|