We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 11 June 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Cabinet Approvals on June 9, 2021
- Allotment of 5 MHz spectrum in 700 MHz band to Indian Railways
- Extension of applicability of New Investment Policy (NIP)-2012
- Approval of Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for Kharif Crops for marketing season 2021-22
Allotment of 5 MHz Spectrum in 700 MHz band to Indian Railways
The allotment of 5 MHz (Megahertz) Spectrum in 700 MHz frequency band to Indian Railways (IR) under the ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ mission will enhance public safety and security services at stations and in trains.
i.Using this spectrum, IR has planned to provide LTE (Long Term Evolution) based Mobile Train Radio Communication on its route.
Extension of applicability of New Investment Policy (NIP)-2012
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by PM Modi has approved the proposal of the Department of Fertilizers for extension of applicability of New Investment Policy (NIP)-2012 read with amendment dated 7th October 2014 for the Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited (RFCL).
i.RFCL is reviving the Ramagundam Unit of FCIL in Telangana by setting up a new gas based green field neem coated Urea Plant.
- The cost of this RFCL Urea Project is INR 6165.06 Crore and will add 12.7 LMTPA indigenous urea production in India. It will become one of the largest fertilizer manufacturing units of South India.
Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for Kharif Crops for marketing season 2021-22
The CCEA chaired by PM Modi has approved the increase in Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all mandated Kharif crops for marketing season 2021-22. The highest absolute increase in MSP compared to 2020-21 was recommended for Sesamum (INR 452 per quintal) followed by Tur and Urad (INR 300 Per Quintal Each).
About Indian Railways
CEO & Chairman of Railway Board – Suneet Sharma
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited (RFCL)
CEO – Nirlep Singh Rai
Head Office – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
NHPC Limited Signed E-Mobility Agreements with CESL
- Under the agreement, NHPC will be leasing 25 nos of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and supply 3 nos. of EV fast chargers to NHPC including its installation & commissioning.
- In 2019, NHPC had leased 2 no. of Electric Vehicles through EESL and now after the current E-mobility agreement, NHPC will have the biggest EVs fleet amongst Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) in India.
- To explore opportunities for Energy Efficiency and Conservation measures in NHPC, both NHPC and EESL have entered into another Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) (Under process).
About NHPC Limited:
It is the largest organisation for hydropower development in India
Establishment – 1975
Headquarters – Faridabad, Haryana
Chairman & Managing Director – Abhay Kumar Singh
About Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL):
Headquarter – New Delhi
Executive Vice-Chair – Saurabh Kumar
Managing Director – Mahua Acharya
India to Save Logistics Fuel Worth Rs 311 lakh crore between 2020 and 2050: Report by NITI Aayog, RMI, RMI India
- Clay Stranger, Managing Director, RMI mentioned the need in the transformation of the freight sector as it will enable India to save logistics Fuel worth Rs 311 lakh crore between 2020 and 2050.
Key points of the report:
i.The report stated about India’s potential to,
- Reduce the country’s logistics cost by 4 percent of GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
- Achieve 10 gigatonnes of cumulative CO2 emissions savings between 2020 and 2050.
- Reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) and particulate matter (PM) emissions by 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively, until 2050.
ii.As per the report, currently, India is handling 4.6 billion tonnes of goods each year, amounting to a total annual cost of Rs 9.5 lakh crore (trillion).
About NITI Aayog:
Establishment – January 1, 2015, under the resolution of the Union Cabinet.
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairperson– Prime Minister (Current – Narendra Modi)
CEO– Amitabh Kant
>>Read Full News
DIC, ICAR sign MoU to provide ‘Demand Based Tele Agriculture Advisories’ to farmers
- Objective – To Integrate existing Interactive Information Dissemination System (IIDS) platform of DIC with the proposed KisanSarathi program of ICAR and its implementation through ICAR network to reach a large number of farmers across India.
- The two entities will collaborate to develop and deploy ICT (Information & Communication Technology) platforms to establish and operate a multi-media and multi-way advisory and communication system for supporting agricultural activities at local level.
- To begin with, the Interactive Information Dissemination System (IIDS) will be deployed at ICAR. IIDS is a push-and-pull-based system using which farmers can access data and experts can access farmer’s data.
About Digital India Corporation (DIC)
DIC is a not for profit Company set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY under Section 8 of Companies Act 2013. Initially, it was known as ‘Media Lab Asia’. It was renamed as ‘Digital India Corporation’ in 2017.
MD & CEO – Abhishek Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Director General – Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded in – 1929
>>Read Full News
PGCIL commissions India’s 1st VSC based HVDC power transmission system
- The Pugalur-Thrissur HVDC system built at a cost of INR 5070 Crore is part of the Raigarh-Pugalur-Thrissur 6000 MW system; it enables transfer of 2000 MW to Kerala through the VSC HVDC station at Thrissur.
- It will strengthen the power system of the southern region of India.
- In February 2021, the Monopole-II of the project was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. With the commissioning of Monopole-I, the project has attained its full capacity.
It reduces the land requirement compared to the conventional HVDC systems, it is suitable for areas, where land is scarce.
- It facilitates development of smart grid and improves system resilience under various operating conditions.
- Major HVDC’s equipment were supplied by factories in India, giving a boost to Prime Minister’s Make in India programme.
About Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL):
CMD – K Sreekant
Headquarters – Gurgaon, Haryana
CBSE collaborates with Microsoft to introduce Coding & Data Science in schools
As mentioned in New Education policy 2020, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has collaborated with Microsoft to introduce Coding and Data Science in schools for classes 6 to 12. These new subjects will be introduced in 2021-22 academic session.
1st Edition of Arab-India Energy Forum held virtually
- During the forum, a range of issues on boosting two-way energy cooperation and intra-regional power trading were discussed.
- Participants from various public and private sector institutions from India & LAS (League of Arab States) members participated in the event
i.The forum witnessed exchange of knowledge, expertise and best practices in the fields of energy efficiency programmes for different economic sectors, accelerated development of new & renewable energy, fostering regional power sharing arrangements, enhanced oil recovery, tight gas extraction, and safe nuclear power generation etc.
ii.It was agreed to hold the 2nd edition of AIEF in India during 2023.
Prime Minister – Saadeddine Othmani
Capital – Rabat
Currency – Moroccan Dirham (MAD)
>>Read Full News
For the 1st time in two decades, Child Labour increases to 160 million worldwide
- The Child Labour (160 million) registered an increase of 8.4 million over 4 years (2017-20). The number of children put to work fell by 94 million during 2000 and 2016.
- The report highlights the significant rise of children working between the ages of 5-11. This age group accounts for just over half of the total global figure (160 million).
- Due to COVID-19, globally 9 million additional children are at risk of being pushed into child labour by the end 2022.
- Sub-Saharan region had the highest prevalence of child labour rate with 24% and largest number of children in child labour of around 87 million.
- Agriculture Sector accounts for 70% of children in child labour, followed by 20% in Services and 10% in Industry.
About United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Executive Director – Henrietta H. Fore
Headquarters – New York, USA
>>Read Full News
El Salvador Becomes First Country To Adopt Bitcoin As Legal Tender
According to World Bank data, remittances from bitcoin to El Salvador account for $6 billion in 2019. It is around a fifth of GDP in 2019 & a highest ratio across the world.
- Bitcoins will be used to buy goods and pay taxes and bank loans and Bitcoin exchanges will not be subject to capital gains tax.
- It will bring financial inclusion, investment, tourism, innovation and economic development.
Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency which was released in 2009.
It is a digital currency which does not have a central bank or single administrator.
About El Salvador:
Capital: San Salvador
Currency: United States Dollar
BANKING & FINANCE
Indian Bank Partnered with Fisdom to Offer Wealth Management Solutions
- Under the partnership, wealth products and services will be distributed through Indian Bank’s network of 6,000 branches and its digital properties including the mobile banking application and internet banking portal.
- In the 1st phase of the partnership, Indian Bank customers are enabled to invest in essential financial products viz, mutual funds(MF) of choice, and the National Pension System through Indian Bank’s IndOASIS mobile banking application and its internet banking portal.
About Indian Bank:
Establishment – 1907
MD & CEO – Padmaja Chunduru
Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline – Your Own Bank
>>Read Full News
PayNearby tie-up with IndiaFirst Life Insurance Launched Insurance Solutions – ‘Poorna Suraksha’ for Retailers
Key Facts about ‘Poorna Suraksha’:
i.The insurance solution, a part of PayNearby’s Shop Owners Benefit Program will provide coverage across all aspects of insurance including Life, Health & Disability at an affordable premium.
ii.It offers a life cover of Rs 2 lakhs, disability cover of Rs 1 lakh and hospital cash of Rs 15,000.
iii.Cost-effective: The solution could be availed by retailers at a premium of just Rs 3 per day, and an enrollment fee of Rs 111.
About PayNearby Technologies Pvt. Ltd(PayNearby):
It is a Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Certified Fintech Company registered under The Startup India program of the Government of India
Establishment – April 2016
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Founder, MD & CEO – Anand Kumar Bajaj
>>Read Full News
RBI Imposed Penalty of Rs.4 Crore on BOI, Rs.2 Crore on PNB
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs.4 crore on Bank of India(BOI) and of Rs.2 crore on Punjab National Bank(PNB).
- The monetary penalty on BOI was imposed for non-compliance with and contravention of directions, viz., breach of stipulated transaction limits,delay in transfer of unclaimed balances to DEA Fund,delay in reporting a fraud to RBI and sale of a fraudulent asset.
- The monetary penalty on PNB was imposed for non-compliance of the directions, viz., delay in reporting of frauds and not ensuring data accuracy and integrity while submitting data to RBI.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
DBS Tops the Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 List in India
This is the 3rd edition of the World’s Best Banks’ list by Forbes.
This survey on the banking relations of around 43000 banking customers in 28 countries was conducted by Forbes in partnership with Statista, a Market research firm.
- The DBS has also topped the World’s Best Banks 2021 in Indonesia and has secured the 2nd rank under Singapore category and 10th under Taiwan category.
About DBS Bank:
CEO– Piyush Gupta
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
LIC Chairman M R Kumar Gets Nine-Month Extension
- M R Kumar was to retire on June 30,2021 upon attaining the age of 60 years.
- To provide extension beyond 60 years, the rules under the Life Insurance Corporation Act, 1956, have been amended
i.According to Budget 2021,the IPO of LIC would be floated in 2021-22 as part of the ambitious Rs. 1.75 lakh crore disinvestment target.
ii.The authorised capital of LIC has been increased to Rs. 25,000 crore from Rs. 100 crore to facilitate the listing.
iii.Currently, the government of India owns a 100 percent stake in LIC.
Former PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh Became the 6th President of Mongolia
- Ukhnaa Khurelsukh was forced to resign as the Prime Minister following the protest in January 2021.
About Ukhnaa Khurelsukh:
i.Ukhnaa Khurelsukh was born in June 1968 in Ulan Bator, Mongolia.
ii.He has served as the general secretary of the Mongolian People’s Party.
iii.He has twice served as the deputy prime minister between 2014 and 2017.
iv.He has served as the Prime Minister from October 2017 to January 2021.
v.Ukhnaa Khurelsukh won the presidential election against Sodnomzundui Erdene of the opposition Democratic Party and Dangaasuren Enkhbat of the Right Person Electorate Coalition.
Capital– Ulaanbaatar (or Ulan Bator)
Currency– Mongolian togrog
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s 1st CAR-T cell therapy was conducted at ACTREC, TMC in Mumbai
- The clinical trial of CAR-T was supported by the Department of Biotechnology(DBT) through the National Biopharma Mission(NBM)-Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
- The National Biopharma Mission-BIRAC of the government of India has approved Rs 19.15 crore to the team to conduct the first in the human phase-1/2 clinical trial of the CAR-T cells.
i.CAR-T therapy globally has shown promising results in the end stage of cancer patients, especially in patients suffering from Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
ii.Each patient’s CAR-T cell therapy costs Rs.3-4 crore and this technology is not available in India.
iii.To overcome this challenge now this technology is to develop in a cost-effective manner and make it available for the patients in India.
CAR-T at India:
i.BIRAC and DBT have taken various initiative proposals in the past 2 years for the development of CAR-T cell technology against cancer and are partly supported by the PACE-BIRAC scheme.
ii.The CAR-T cells were designed and manufactured by Professor Rahul Purwar, BSBE department, and his team at the Bioscience and Bioengineering (BSBE) department of IIT Bombay.
iii.The clinical trial was done by the TMC team led by Dr Gaurav Narula, professor of paediatric oncology and health sciences.
About Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC):
BIRAC is a Public Sector Enterprise, established by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Chairperson– Renu Swarup
Managing Director– Anju Bhalla
Headquarters– New Delhi
ISRO Developed 3 Types of Ventilators & Set to Transfer Technology to Industry for Clinical Usage
The Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) has developed 3 types of ventilators: PRANA , VaU and SVASTA. ISRO is set to transfer the technology to the industry for clinical usage during the 2nd wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
- “PRANA” Programmable Respiratory Assistance for the Needy Aid a low-cost and portable critical care ventilator based on the automated compression of an AMBU (Artificial Manual Breathing Unit) bag.
- “VaU” Ventilation assist Unit is an ICU grade positive pressure mechanical ventilator.
- “SVASTA” Space Ventilator Aided System for Trauma Assistance is a Gas-powered ventilator.
New Species of Coffee Plant discovered in Wagamon Hills of Kerala
i.It is a perennial herb which will grow upto a height of 7 cm, and characterised by its unique white flowers.
Research Team – Anoop P. Balan and A.J. Robi, faculty of the Department of Botany, Bishop Abraham Memorial College, along with N. Sasidharan, former Chief Scientist, Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI)
ii.The new species is classified as Data Deficient under International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) standards, which means there is inadequate data on the risk of extinction based on distribution or population status of the species.
4 Biodiversity Hotspots of India:
India has 4 of the 36 Biodiversity hotspots in the World.
i.Himalaya – Entire Himalayas, including regions of China, Nepal, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal & Bhutan
ii.Western Ghats – Entire Western Ghats region (Gujarat, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Kerala and Tamil Nadu)
iii.Indo-Burma region – Entire North-Eastern India
iv.Sundaland – Nicobar Island (a part of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines zone)
Indian Football player Sunil Chhetri Became 2nd Highest International Goal Scorer
Sunil Chhetri, 36-year-old Indian Footballer, became the 2nd highest International goal scorer among the active players. He overtook Lionel Messi of Argentina by scoring his 73rd and 74th Goal during the FIFA 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh. Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal tops the list with 103 international goals.
- Sunil Chhetri has been placed 11th on the all-time goal-scorers list in men’s international football.
IPL’s Remaining Matches To Be Held In UAE In September-October 2021
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced to complete the remaining matches of VIVO Indian Premier League(IPL) 2021 season in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) in the months of September-October 2021. 14th edition of IPL postponed on May after several players and support staff across teams tested positive for COVID-19. As many as 29 matches were held this season before the tournament came to a halt.
Asian Games Gold Medallist Boxer N Dingko Singh Passed Away
About Dingku Singh Ngangom:
i.Dingku Singh Ngangom won a gold medal in the 1998 Asian Games held in Bangkok,Thailand.
ii.His gold in Bangkok was the first Asian games medal in 16 years for Indian boxing after the Kaur Singh medal in the 1982 edition. He was also Manipur’s first Asian Games gold medalist.
iii.He was conferred the Arjuna Award in 1998 and Padma Shri in 2013.
iv.The Manipur government had honoured him by naming an important road in Imphal after him.
v.He also won the King’s cup in Bangkok in 1997
vi.He has been serving as a coach in the Indian Navy.
National Award-winning Film Director Buddhadeb Dasgupta Passed away
On June 10, 2021, National award-winning Bengali film director and poet, Buddhadeb Dasgupta passed away at 77 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was born in 1944.
i.National Film Award – for Best Feature Film 5 times in his career including – Bagh Bahadur (1989), Charachar (1993), Lal Darja (1997), Mondo Meyer Upakhyan (2002), and Kaalpurush (2008).
ii.National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Bengali – Dooratwa (1978) and Tahader Katha (1993).
iii.Best Director Award for his films – Uttara (2000) and Swapner Din (2005).
iv.The lifetime achievement award – Spain International Film Festival in Madrid in 2008.
v.Golden Athena Award – Athens International Film Festival in 2007
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Vijay Gokhale Authored a Book Titled ‘Tiananmen Square: The Making of a Protest’
About the book:
i.This book describes the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests in China which the author witnessed as a young diplomat 32 years ago.
ii.This book is the very first book of Vijay Keshav Gokhale and it focuses on Deng Xiaoping, the general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and also on Xi Jinping.
About Vijay Keshav Gokhale:
i.Vijay Keshav Gokhale was the thirty-second foreign secretary of India.
ii.He also served as Ambassador to Germany and China, and as High Commissioner to Malaysia
iii.He is considered as one of the most astute China experts in India.
Dehing Patkai becomes 7th National Park of Assam
i.With 7 NP’s Assam becomes the 2nd state to have the highest number of National Parks, while the 1st position is held by Madhya Pradesh (11 NP’s). Overall, Assam is the 3rd, after the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar (9 NP’s).
ii.Rare Species in the NP – Chinese pangolin, Assam macaque, Clouded Leopard, Flying Fox
- Rare endangered “White Winged Wood Duck” are found in high concentration
UNESCO Natural World Heritage Sites in Assam:
- Kaziranga National Park
- Manas National Park
Bohag Bihu or Rongali Bihu is the harvest Festival of Assam, which also marks the beginning of the Assamese New Year.
Deepor Beel, a freshwater lake formed by the channels of Brahmaputra River, is the only Ramsar Convention site of Assam.
>>Read Full News
Rajasthan govt Approved Draft of Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana
- Under the scheme, the state government will provide the metered agricultural consumers Rs 1,000 per month and a maximum of Rs 12,000 per year on their electricity bills.
- Eligibility: Central and state government employees and other income taxpayers of the state were not eligible for the scheme’s subsidy.
- As per the scheme, the eligible consumers have to clear all their electricity bill dues to get the grant amount. After paying the dues, the subsidy amount will be payable to the consumer on the upcoming electricity bill.
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage Sites in Rajasthan – Keoladeo National Park, The Jantar Mantar, Jaipur, Hill Forts of Rajasthan (Chittorgarh Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Ranthambore Fort, Gagron Fort, Amber Fort, Jaisalmer Fort).
>>Read Full News
‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ Campaign Launched By Delhi Government
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the government’s Covid-19 mass vaccination campaign ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ to vaccinate people above 45 in 4 weeks.
- Under this scheme People will get Covid-19 vaccines at booths where they voted in elections.
- Also Booth-level officers will visit homes and give vaccination slots.
Also recently Delhi government has announced to celebrate Van Mahotsav 2021( Tree Plantation Drive) from June 27 to July 11 , 2021
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 11 June 2021|
|1||Cabinet Approvals on June 9, 2021|
|2||NHPC Limited Signed E-Mobility Agreements with CESL|
|3||India to Save Logistics Fuel Worth Rs 311 lakh crore between 2020 and 2050: Report by NITI Aayog, RMI, RMI India|
|4||DIC, ICAR sign MoU to provide ‘Demand Based Tele Agriculture Advisories’ to farmers|
|5||PGCIL commissions India’s 1st VSC based HVDC power transmission system|
|6||CBSE collaborates with Microsoft to introduce Coding & Data Science in schools|
|7||1st Edition of Arab-India Energy Forum held virtually|
|8||For the 1st time in two decades, Child Labour increases to 160 million worldwide|
|9||El Salvador Becomes First Country To Adopt Bitcoin As Legal Tender|
|10||Indian Bank Partnered with Fisdom to Offer Wealth Management Solutions|
|11||PayNearby tie-up with IndiaFirst Life Insurance Launched Insurance Solutions – ‘Poorna Suraksha’ for Retailers|
|12||RBI Imposed Penalty of Rs.4 Crore on BOI, Rs.2 Crore on PNB|
|13||DBS Tops the Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 List in India|
|14||LIC Chairman M R Kumar Gets Nine-Month Extension|
|15||Former PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh Became the 6th President of Mongolia|
|16||India’s 1st CAR-T cell therapy was conducted at ACTREC, TMC in Mumbai|
|17||ISRO Developed 3 Types of Ventilators & Set to Transfer Technology to Industry for Clinical Usage|
|18||New Species of Coffee Plant discovered in Wagamon Hills of Kerala|
|19||Indian Football player Sunil Chhetri Became 2nd Highest International Goal Scorer|
|20||IPL’s Remaining Matches To Be Held In UAE In September-October 2021|
|21||Asian Games Gold Medallist Boxer N Dingko Singh Passed Away|
|22||National Award-winning Film Director Buddhadeb Dasgupta Passed away|
|23||Vijay Gokhale Authored a Book Titled ‘Tiananmen Square: The Making of a Protest’|
|24||Dehing Patkai becomes 7th National Park of Assam|
|25||Rajasthan govt Approved Draft of Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana|
|26||‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ Campaign Launched By Delhi Government|