We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 10 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM inaugurates ‘Kartavya Path’ and unveils the statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate
ii.It was earlier known as Rajpath (Kingsway), which was a ‘symbol of slavery’. Now, the name Kartavya Path symbolizes ‘public ownership and empowerment’.
iii.PM also unveiled the statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose under the canopy at India Gate that during British rule had a statue of King George V.
iv.The PM Narendra Modi also addressed the inauguration ceremony of ‘Kalam no Carnival’ Book Fair organised by Navbharat Sahitya Mandir in Ahmedabad, Gujarat via video message.
Chief Minister– Arvind Kejriwal
Heritage & Monuments– Agrasen ki Baoli, Humayan Tomb, Jantar Mantar
>> Read Full News
DA&FW & FICCI Launches a Joint Initiative to Attract PPP Projects in Agriculture
- The PMU is a joint initiative of the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DA&FW), MOA&FW, and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- It will accelerate large-scale PPP projects in agriculture by harnessing private sector investments and integrating government schemes and subsidies.
Objective: To increase income levels of small farmers by creating additional value through the provision of high-quality inputs, technology advancement, market linkages, and value addition.
i.This PMU’s specific goal is to assist states in realizing the full potential of their respective agro-climatic regions and wide range of agri-products, as well as to aid producers in better integrating with local and export markets.
ii.The government has taken numerous measures to enhance the agriculture sector, including the establishment of 10,000 Farmers Producer Organizations (FPO); Agriculture Infrastructure Fund worth Rs. 1 Lakh Crore and the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
iii.The MoA&FW’s responsibility will be to communicate the formation of PMU to the States and work with the State governments to ensure that the proposals are approved in the private sector.
Agnikul Cosmos gets patent for Single Piece 3D-printed rocket engine
Agnikul Cosmos, Chennai based space technology start-up secured its first patent for the design and manufacturing of its Single Piece 3D printed rocket engine. The patent was offered to Agnikul Cosmos under the Government of India(GoI)’s patent database, for its Agnilet rocket engine, world’s 1st single-piece 3D printed rocket engine fully designed and manufactured in India.
- Agnilet was designed in such a manner to encapsulate 1000’s of parts into just one piece of hardware and has zero assembled parts.
India ranks 132 out of 191 in UNDP’s 2021 Human Development Index; Switzerland Tops
i.As per the report by the United Nations Development Program’s (UNDP) ‘Human Development Report 2021-22- Uncertain Times, Unsettled Lives: Shaping our Future in a Transforming World’, India ranked 132nd among 191 countries and territories on the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI).
ii.In the 2020 report, India had ranked 131st among 189 countries and territories.
iii.India’s latest HDI value is 0.633 which places it in the medium human development category, as compared to its value of 0.645 in the 2020 report.
iv.The index has been topped by Switzerland with 0.962 HDI value. It is followed by Norway (0.961) at 2nd, and Iceland at 3rd (0.959).
About United Nations Development Program (UNDP):
Administrator– Achim Steiner
Headquarters– New York, United States
>> Read Full News
Highlights of India’s EAM S. Jaishankar visit to UAE
ii.The Indian Union Minister co-chaired both the meetings with Foreign Minister of UAE, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Both leaders reviewed the entire gamut of comprehensive strategic partnership between India and UAE and regional and global developments.
iii.The meeting also saw the signing of MoU between the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) and the International Fund for Houbara Conservation for the Conservation of the Great Indian Bustard and the Lesser Florican.
iv.Another MoU was signed between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of UAE and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) on the establishment of the India-UAE Cultural Council Forum.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE):
Capital– Abu Dhabi
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI gave approval to Helios Capital to launch Mutual Fund business
The Singapore-based company, Helios Capital Management (India) Private Limited Founder & Fund Manager Samir Arora received capital markets from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to launch the Mutual Fund (MF) business.
- Helios Capital, the business of portfolio management services applied for a mutual fund license with the SEBI in 2021.
- Samir Arora trying to enter the Rs 37 trillion (43-player) Indian Mutual Fund industry after quitting Alliance Capital Mutual Fund, 19 years ago.
- He was the Chief Investment Officer of Alliance Capital’s Indian mutual fund business.
- The company joined with organisations like Zerodha, Samco Securities and Bajaj Finserv which received SEBIs licence to launch MF operations.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Admiral Sunil Lanba received Meritorious Service Medal from Singapore Government
On 8th September 2022, Admiral Sunil Lanba (Retd), former Chief of Naval Staff(CNS), Indian Navy, was conferred the prestigious Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) [Meritorious Service Medal (Military)] by Halimah Yacob, the President of the Republic of Singapore at the Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
- The award was presented by Dr Ng Eng Hen, Defence Minister of Singapore on behalf of the President.
- The award is a recognition of his outstanding contribution to the strong and long-standing bilateral defence relationship between the Indian Navy and the Republic of Singapore Navy.
About Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera):
The Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) is a decoration award given to the members of the Singapore Armed Forces for distinguished performances.
Under special circumstances, The Medal is awarded to a person for his outstanding service in the promotion of good relations between the Singapore Armed Forces and the military force of his country.
About Admiral Sunil Lanba:
i.Admiral Sunil Lanbaa retired Indian naval officer who served as the 23rd Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy.
ii.Before his naval career, he served as the Navigation, Aircraft Direction and Operations Officer aboard several ships in both, the Eastern and Western Fleets of the Indian Navy.
iii. With the support of Admiral Sunil Lanba, both navies commemorated the Silver Jubilee of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise in 2018
iv.He also conducted the inaugural Singapore-India-Thailand Maritime Exercise (SITMEX) in September 2019.
His Other Awards:
- For his exceptional services to the nation, the President of India has first awarded Admiral Sunil Lanba the Ati Vishist Seva Medal (AVSM) and then the Param Vishist Seva Medal (PVSM). He is also the Honorary Aide-de-Camp (ADC) to the President.
Fortune India Rich List 2022: Gautam Adani Becomes the Richest in India; Wealth of 142 Billionaires Worth USD 832 bn
i.According to Forbes real-time billionaires list, Asia’s richest man Gautam Adani has overtaken Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to become the 3rd richest person in the world.
- He became India’s richest man with net worth of USD 129.16 billion (Rs. 10.29 trillion)
ii.Meanwhile, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani’s net worth stands at USD 94 billion becoming 8th richest in the world and 2nd richest in India.
About the list:
i.The data for the list was collected by the Fortune and Waterfield Advisors, a wealth management firm.
- The firms collected details of listed and unlisted wealth, additional information regarding investments outside of the listed business such as stakes in other public companies, where the holding is less than 1 percent in the company and in other private entities or start-ups and such others.
ii.The list made is primarily based on the wealth of entrepreneurs of listed firms and for the unlisted entity, the price-earnings (PE) multiple of the sector’s index was used as a parameter and in their absence, the PE multiple of the closest-listed company from the same industry was used.
Barack Obama won Best Narration award at 2022 Creative Arts Emmy Award
The former President of the United States(US), Barack Obama won the Outstanding Narrator Award at the 2022 Creative Arts Emmy Awards(74th Emmy) for his Netflix series “Our Great National Parks: A World of Wonder”, a 5-part documentary series about some of the world’s national parks and their wildlife.
- The documentary was nominated under the Outstanding Cinematography for A Nonfiction Program – 2022 category and Barack Obama was nominated under the Outstanding Narrator – 2022 category.
- He is the 2nd US president to win an Emmy. Dwight D Eisenhower(34th US President) was given a special Emmy Award in 1956.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Volker Türk appointed as UN’s New High Commissioner for Human Rights
On 8th September 2022, the United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Volker Türk of Austria as United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, following approval by the UN General Assembly(UNGA).
- Volker Turk replaces Verónica Michelle Bachelet Jeria, a Chilean politician who served at the office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) from 2018 to 2022.
About Volker Türk:
i.Previously, Volker Türk served as the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection at UN refugees, the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Geneva. He had a long and successful career in the advancement of human rights globally.
ii.He served with the UN refugee agency in Malaysia, Kosovo and Bosnia Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Kuwait.
iii. His immediate challenge will be the controversial report of the accusation on China committing crimes against humanity and possibly genocide (mass murder) against the Uyghur people and abusing Muslim minorities.
About the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR):
Headquartered- Geneva, Switzerland
Establishment- December 1993
Gervais Ndirakobuca appointed as the new Prime Minister of Burundi
- The 113 Members of Parliament (MPs) have approved the proposal of the President of Burundi to appoint Gervais Ndirakobuca.
About Gervais Ndirakobuca:
i.Gervais Ndirakobuca was born in Bukinanyana in the Cibitoke Province of Burundi. He was a Burundian former rebel commander and police commissioner
ii.Gervais Ndirakobuca was given the name ‘Ndakugarika’ which means ‘I will kill you’ for his rebellious command during the Burundian Civil War that ended in 2005.
iii. He is known for his violent crackdown of the 2015 civil protest in Burundi.
iv.He joined the National Police of Burundi and rose to the rank of Commissioner (lieutenant-general) and was addressed as General after Civil War.
v.When President Evariste Ndayishimiye appointed him as security minister, he was under sanction for human rights violations by the United States and European Union against his protest.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NITI Aayog & WRI Launches India’s First National Electric Freight Platform – ‘e-FAST’
On 8th September 2022, National Institute for Transforming India (NITI Aayog), in collaboration with World Resources Institute (WRI) India launched India’s 1st electric freight platform, e-FAST India (Electric Freight Accelerator for Sustainable Transport – India) to enable road based electric freight (e-freight) transition.
The e-FAST India platform is supported by the World Economic Forum (WEF), CALSTART and RMI(Rocky Mountain Institute) India for bringing different stakeholders together, from across the freight ecosystem.
About e-FAST India platform:
i.This will help in strengthening partnerships and identify and support innovative freight solutions.
ii.It will also support scalable pilots and suggest policies that accelerate freight electrification in India.
The e-FAST India platform witnessed participation from major automobile industry players, logistics companies, development banks and fin-tech companies.
i.During the event, NITI Aayog and RMI India WRI also released a report on “ ‘Transforming Trucking in India – Pathways to Zero-Emission Truck Deployment”, that highlights the benefits of zero-emission trucks (ZETs) in India through combination of technology advancement, innovative business models, policy, and financing.
ii.During the launch, WRI India unveiled its Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Evaluator, an intuitive excel-based application.
- In order to identify the freight impact on TOC per Kilometre, the TCO evaluator will analyse cost components and performance parameters of light/medium/heavy-duty freight and compare electric variants with its diesel/petrol/Coal & Natural Gas (CNG) counterparts.
Facts about the freight sector:
i.The freight sector plays a key role in India’s economy as it enables distribution and delivery of goods and critical resources.
ii.India is the 3rd largest truck market, after China and the United States (US).
Note – The transport sector contributes almost 14 percent to India’s total energy-related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
US Military Successfully Tests Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
On 7th September 2022 the Air Force Global Strike Command Airmen, is a Major Command (MAJCOM) of the United States(US) Air Force, launched an unarmed LGM-30G Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) equipped with three test re-entry vehicles, armed with nuclear warheads from the Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- This is the second test by the United States (US) in less than a month after the launch of Minuteman III ICBM in August 2022 which was postponed twice.
i.The Minuteman III has been in service for 50 years, and is currently the only land-based ICBM in the US nuclear arsenal which is housed in Wyoming, North Dakota and Montana of the US.
ii.The US arsenal also includes Trident submarine-launched ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons carried by strategic bomber aircraft.
About Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM):
Minuteman III (also known as LGM-30G Minuteman III (Silo Launched Surface Attack Guided Missile – 30G) ) was inducted into the force in the early 1970s and is the 1st ICBM, equipped with multiple independently targeted reentry vehicles or Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicle (MIRV’s).
Two New “Super-Earth” Planets Discovered Just 100 Light-Years Away
Two “Super-Earth” planets orbiting LP 890-9, a small, cool star located at about 100 light-years from Earth, have been discovered by an international team of astronomers.
- The star, which is also referred to as TOI-4306 or SPECULOOS-2, is the second-coolest star discovered to have planets, after the famous TRAPPIST-1.
The Two New “Super-Earth” Planets
i.The system’s inner planet, designated as LP 890-9b or TOI-4306b, is about 30% larger than Earth and quickly orbits around the dwarf star in just 2.7 Earth days.
- It was first found as an exoplanet candidate by the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), which looks for exoplanets orbiting nearby stars.
ii.The second planet, LP 890-9c or SPECULOOS-2c, is significantly larger than Earth, about 40% larger, and completes its orbit in around 8.5 Earth days.
- This second planet is believed to be in the habitable zone of its star, which is the region where temperatures are just ideal for liquid water to exist on the surface.
i.The discoveries were made through the assistance of NASA’s TESS and the Search for Habitable Planets EClipsing ULtra-cOOl Stars (SPECULOOS) project led by the University of Liège, Belgium.
- These findings will be published in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics.
ii.SPECULOOS is a project that looks for potentially habitable exoplanets around the smallest and coolest stars of the solar neighbourhood.
iii.Super-Earths are a special type of exoplanet in the solar system that are more massive than earth but lighter than the ice giants.
- They are formed by a combination of gas and rock and can grow to be 10 times the mass of the Earth.
- Three of the seven known exoplanets orbiting TRAPPIST-1 are in the habitable zone.
- TOI-1452 b, a “super-Earth” discovered recently, orbits a red dwarf star roughly 100 light years away from Earth. It is referred to as the “water world” as it might support life.
Badminton: Prannoy HS tops BWF World Tour Rankings; Anupama Upadhyaya tops under-19 BWF Junior rankings
30 years old Indian shuttler Prannoy Haseena Sunil Kumar (Prannoy HS) topped the latest (6th September 2022) Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Rankings in Men’s Singles category.
- HS Prannoy becomes World’s no 1 by overtaking the defending world champion Viktor Axelsen. He accumulated 58,090 points in the tour, 2,500 points ahead of Viktor Axelsen.
17-year-old Anupama Upadhyaya has topped the latest (6th September 2022) BWF World Junior Ranking in Women’s Singles category.
- She replaced fellow Indian Tasnim Mir from the top position.
- She becomes only the 2nd Indian Shuttler in the Under 19 girls category to claim the World no 1 position in BWF Junior ranking.
- She is only the 6th Indian shuttler to top the junior rankings.
Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s Longest-Serving Monarch Passes away at 96; Prince Charles Becomes the King
On 8th September 2022, Queen Elizabeth II, the United Kingdom’s (UK) or Britain’s longest-serving monarch, passed away at Balmoral Castle in Scotland at 96 years after reigning for 70 years.
- Elizabeth II became Queen on the death of her father King George VI on 6th February 1952.
- Her reign of 70 years was 7 years longer than that of Queen Victoria and thus she became the longest reigning queen of the UK.
Prince Charles Becomes the King of Britain after Queen Elizabeth
With the death of Queen Elizabeth, her son Prince Charles has become king of the United Kingdom (UK) and 14 other colonies.
- The new King, Prince Charles (73 years) will officially be known as King Charles III and is the oldest monarch to take the throne in the history of Britain’s reign.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Journalist Pavan C. Lall authored a new book “Forging Mettle”
Senior journalist Pavan C Lall has authored a new book ‘Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story’, which is set to be released in September 2022. The book will be published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- The book is focused on how a business is built into a large organisation on the foundations of values and sustainability.
- Forging Mettle is a story of Nrupender Rao, Chairman of the Board at Pennar Industries Limited and his entrepreneurial journey.
- The story gives a unique philosophy for a company, recommended to striving entrepreneurs to understand how to construct a principled and ethical institution.
International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2022 – September 9
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day to Protect Education from Attack is annually observed across the world on 9th September to raise awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda.
- 9th September 2022 marks the observance of the 3rd International Day to Protect Education from Attack.
- The day aims to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in war-affected countries.
i.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/74/275 on 28th May 2020 and proclaimed the 9th September of every year as the International Day to Protect Education from Attack.
ii.The resolution was presented by the state of Qatar and co-sponsored by
iii.The annual observance of this day is facilitated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in collaboration with the partners within or outside the UN system.
- The first ever International Day to Protect Education from Attack was observed on 9th September 2020 .
World EV Day 2022- September 9
World Electric Vehicle (EV) Day is annually observed across the globe on 9 September to spread awareness about the benefits of using electric vehicles.
- The 9 September 2022 marks the 3rd observance of World EV Day.
i.World EV Day was an initiative created by the sustainability media company GreenTV.
- The first World EV Day was observed on 9th September 2020.
ii.In 2021, World EV Day was mentioned in the United Kingdom (UK) parliament and was also celebrated by the White House’s top climate advisor.
i.On the occasion of World EV Day, special awareness campaigns were organized across the world in order to educate people regarding the benefits of electric vehicles.
ii.It is a social media campaign which encourages drivers to recognise the benefits of electric vehicles.
China is the largest EV market in the world. It emerged as the top producer and seller of electric vehicles in the world.
Audi India (Audi’s Indian subsidiary, a German luxury carmaker) completed the installation of 100+ EV chargers across 60 cities in India.
- It includes all Audi India dealerships, workshop facilities, and select SAVWIPL (Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited) Group’s dealerships located across strategic highways in India.
World Physical Therapy Day 2022- September 8
World Physical Therapy (PT) Day is annually observed across the globe on 8th September to honour the contributions of physiotherapists in the healthcare sector and motivate people to lead a healthy life and be physically active.
- The theme for World PT Day 2022 is Osteoarthritis and The Role of Physiotherapists.
- The theme for PT Day 2021 was ‘Rehabilitation and Long COVID’.
i.The day highlights the importance of physical therapy & role of physical therapist in our society.
ii.This day also honours the profession of physiotherapists around the world who work to cure a number of issues ranging from minor ergonomic (posture related) ailments to chronic joint pain and trauma from injury.
i.In 1996, the World Confederation of Physical Therapy (WCPT) now known as World Physiotherapy designated 8th September of every year as World PT Day.
- The World Physiotherapy was established on 8th September in 1951.
World PT Day 2022:
The World PT Day 2022 focuses on osteoarthritis and the role of physiotherapists in its prevention and in the management of people affected by osteoarthritis.
What is Osteoarthritis?
i.Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, a condition that affects the joints, tissues around the joints and other connective tissues.
- It is also known as “wear and tear” arthritis, Osteoarthritis just affects the joints in hands, lower back, neck and weight bearing joints like feet, hips and knees.
About World Physiotherapy:
World Physiotherapy is the operating name of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy, a registered charity in the United Kingdom(UK).
Headquarters– London, United Kingdom (UK)
International Day for People of African Descent 2022- August 31
- 31st August 2022 marks the 2nd observance of International Day for People of African Descent.
- The day was first celebrated on 31st August 2021, halfway through the International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024).
i.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted Resolution A/RES/75/170 on 16th December 2020 and proclaimed the 31st August of every year as the International Day for People of African Descent.
ii.The efforts to establish the International Day for People of African Descent was led by Costa Rica.
Note: Costa Rica changed its political constitution in 2015 and defined itself as a multiethnic and multicultural nation.
Why 31st August?
i.31st August marks the end date of the first International Convention of the Negro Peoples of the World 1920.
ii.The convention resulted in the Declaration of Rights of the Negro Peoples of the World.
International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024):
i.The UNGA adopted the resolution A/RES/68/237 on 23rd December 2013 and proclaimed the decade 2015 to 2024 as the International Decade for People of African Descent.
ii.The theme for the International Decade is “People of African descent: recognition, justice and development.”
iii.It aims to celebrate the important contributions of people of African descent worldwide, advance social justice and inclusion policies, eradicate racism and intolerance, promote human rights, and assist in creating better, more prosperous communities.
Webinar: “Advancing the Right to Health for People of African Descent”
i.The World Health Organization (WHO) conducted a global webinar on 31 August 2022 to throw light on the injustices and systemic discrimination that people of African descent often face and its impact on health.
ii.The webinar was chaired by Princess Nothemba Simelela, Assistant Director-General for Strategic Priorities, WHO.
Meghalaya CM Sangma Unveils “Meghalaya Residents Safety and Security Act” Portal
Conrad K Sangma, Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya has launched a multi-purpose web portal for the Meghalaya Residents Safety and Security Act (MRSSA), 2016. The web portal can be accessed at http://megrssa.nic.in.
- Objective: To improve the provision of a range of government services, gather intelligence, and guarantee the safety and security of the residents.
The web-based security system is initially being implemented in seven localities of Shillong (Meghalaya): Nongrim Hills, Lapalang, Nongmynsong, Nongrah, Pohkseh, Riat Laban, and Wahdienglieng.
i.The web application was designed and developed by the Government of Meghalaya in association with the National Informatics Centre (NIC) Meghalaya.
ii.The digitisation initiative would connect over 6,000 villages and localities in Meghalaya to the online system.
iii.It allows landlords, tenants, and local authorities in the localities and sub-localities to register and enter rental unit information.
iv.The “Dorbar Shnongs” (traditional village institutions of Meghalaya) have also adopted a number of preventative measures to ensure the safety of the residents.
Meghalaya Resident Safety and Security Act (MRSSA), 2016
i.The MRSSA, 2016 has been implemented by the Government of Meghalaya to ensure and improve the security of the citizens of the state.
- It ensures it by conducting a careful and thorough investigation on all tenants living in the state.
ii.The implementation of the act will prohibit anti-social elements from seeking refuge in the state.
- It will also provide a regulatory mechanism to prevent unlawful infiltration or illegal migrants from entering and residing in the localities.
Rajasthan CM Gehlot Launches 100-Day Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme
Ashok Gehlot, Chief Minister (CM) of Rajasthan, launched the “Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme” at the Ambedkar Bhawan in Jaipur, Rajasthan, to give 100 days of employment per year to families in urban areas.
- The Rajasthan government has allocated Rs. 800 crore for the scheme, which was first announced by the CM in the state budget for 2022–2023.
- More than 2.25 lakh families have enrolled for urban employment under the scheme, which went into effect in all urban local bodies on September 9, 2022.
The scheme is modelled after the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
Key Features of the Scheme:
i.Projects on environmental protection; water & heritage conservation; garden maintenance; removal of encroachment of illegal sign boards, hoardings & banners, and sanitation & cleanliness will be carried out under the scheme.
ii.The scheme is open to individuals between the ages of 18 years to 60 years. Each ward of urban local bodies will provide employment for at least 50 persons.
iii.A Janaadhar card or its registration slip is necessary to register for the scheme, which can be done at e-Mitra centres.
iv.Payments will be transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account within 15 days.
v.The scheme includes a provision to handle complaints and conduct social audits.
Other initiatives of Rajasthan Government
- The Chiranjeevi scheme, which offers free medical care to the poor.
- To establish Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools and a scheme to distribute free sanitary napkins to women.
- The government intends to provide smartphones with three years of free internet access to 1.35 crore women.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 10 September 2022|
|1||PM inaugurates ‘Kartavya Path’ and unveils the statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate|
|2||DA&FW & FICCI Launches a Joint Initiative to Attract PPP Projects in Agriculture|
|3||Agnikul Cosmos gets patent for Single Piece 3D-printed rocket engine|
|4||India ranks 132 out of 191 in UNDP’s 2021 Human Development Index; Switzerland Tops|
|5||Highlights of India’s EAM S. Jaishankar visit to UAE|
|6||SEBI gave approval to Helios Capital to launch Mutual Fund business|
|7||Admiral Sunil Lanba received Meritorious Service Medal from Singapore Government|
|8||Fortune India Rich List 2022: Gautam Adani Becomes the Richest in India; Wealth of 142 Billionaires Worth USD 832 bn|
|9||Barack Obama won Best Narration award at 2022 Creative Arts Emmy Award|
|10||Volker Türk appointed as UN’s New High Commissioner for Human Rights|
|11||Gervais Ndirakobuca appointed as the new Prime Minister of Burundi|
|12||NITI Aayog & WRI Launches India’s First National Electric Freight Platform – ‘e-FAST’|
|13||US Military Successfully Tests Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile|
|14||Two New “Super-Earth” Planets Discovered Just 100 Light-Years Away|
|15||Badminton: Prannoy HS tops BWF World Tour Rankings; Anupama Upadhyaya tops under-19 BWF Junior rankings|
|16||Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s Longest-Serving Monarch Passes away at 96; Prince Charles Becomes the King|
|17||Journalist Pavan C. Lall authored a new book “Forging Mettle”|
|18||International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2022 – September 9|
|19||World EV Day 2022- September 9|
|20||World Physical Therapy Day 2022- September 8|
|21||International Day for People of African Descent 2022- August 31|
|22||Meghalaya CM Sangma Unveils “Meghalaya Residents Safety and Security Act” Portal|
|23||Rajasthan CM Gehlot Launches 100-Day Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme|