BJP government has been given fresh ammunition to attack UPA government which is made possible by former Telecom Regulatory Authority of India TRAI, Chairman Pradeep Baijwal revelations on 2G scam accusing India’s former PM Manmohan singh being wrong in his activities.
Pradeep in his book had alleged that former PM had gone to the extent of warning him if he did not co-operate on 2G telecom licences and CBI wanted him to involve Ratan Tata and Arun Shourie in the case.
- Mr Pradeep Baijal in his self-published book”The Complete Story of Indian Reforms: 2G , Power and Private Enterprice- A practitioners diary” said that the 2G scam trail started under UPA’s Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran’s regime itself when Pradeep was head of the telecom appointed by NDA government in 2003.
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said that from the revelations its clear that coalition or alliance in corruption was there.
- Functioning of Manmohan Singh led UPA government was evident from the book as according to Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar prasad.
- Prasad further added that the government of Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi has to face lots of shame because of 2G scam, with Pradeep’s revelations in his book its very unfortunate.
- Mr Prasad also didn’t wanted to comment on the report claim in the book about Maran asserting his supremacy like” Prime Minister of Telecom” and said that if it was true then it clearly shows about Former PM UPA government functioning where every Minister considers himself to be PM.
- Further he added that threatening of top bureaucrats by Ministers is a serious problem and in the present government Mr Modi is well informed and knows what is happening.
- This was the 3rd book written in over a year regarding Manmohan singh and his government about the state of affairs during his regime.Previously 2 books were written, first book by Mr Sanjaya Baru,former PMs aide and media advisor and second one by former coal secretary Mr PC Parekh who was accused in case of coal blocks allocation.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India TRAI
- TRAI is independent regulator of telecommunications business in India.
- Headquarters is in New Delhi.
- Formed in the year 1997.
- Chairman Rahul Khullar.
- The mission of this is to create conditions for the growth of telecommunications in India.
United Progressive Alliance UPA
- Itis a coalition of central-left political parties in India formed after 2004 elections.
- Chairperson-Sonia Gandhi.
- Loksabha leader- Mallikarjun Kharge.
- Rajyasabha leader-Gulam Nabi Azad.
- Current members are Indian National Congress,Indian Union Muslim League,Kerala Congress,Revolutionary Socialist party,Rashtriya Lok Dal, Mahan Dal,Peace Party of India,Socialist Janata.