[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- Union Cabinet approves lowering of age of Juveniles from 18 to 16 years for heinous crimes
- Indian-US Vivek Murthy oath as US Surgeon General
- World Bank established Pollution Management and Environmental Health program
- World Book and Copyright Day April 23 2015
- NASA develops first 3-D printed copper rocket engine part
Govt to launch toll free helpline for TB patients
- The health ministry is set to launch a toll free helpline to reach out to tuberculosis patients across the country.
- Any suspected patient can call or even give a missed call on the helpline number and government health workers will contact the person to check the status of TB as well as provide medical intervention.
Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting received ISO 9001:2008 certification
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has received an ISO 9001:2008 certification from the British Standards Institute in respect of various permissions and licences issued by it for the broadcasting and print media and films.
Union Sports Ministry suspended recognition of Paralympic Committee of India
- The Union Sports Ministry on 22 April 2015 suspended the recognition of Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) with immediate effect.
- It was suspended for poor management and conduct of 15th National Para-Athletics Championships held in Ghaziabad in March 2015.
BSNL To Introduce Free Calling All Night
- BSNL will introduce unlimited free calling at night from landline phones to all landline/mobile phone service providers from May 1st.
Shah Rukh Khan honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2015
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was on 21 April 2015 honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2015 for his performance in the movie Happy New Year. The award ceremony was held in Mumbai.
Business & Finance
Reliance Power fully commissions Sasan UMPP in MP
- Reliance Power has fully commissioned 3,960 MW Sasan ultra mega power project in Madhya Pradesh.
Practo acquires Fitho Wellness
- Bengaluru-based healthcare technology start-up Practo on Thursday announced the acquisition of Delhi-NCR based wellness solution provider Fitho Wellness. The financial details of the buyout was not provided by the company, however, it said the deal is cash and equity deal.
Zomato acquires US-based Nextable
- Restaurant search app Zomato on Wednesday said it has acquired NexTable, an online table reservation platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina for an undisclosed sum. NexTable will soon be renamed to Zomato Book.
Bangladesh won 3-match ODI series against Pakistan, 3-0
- Bangladesh on 22 April 2015 won the three-match One Day International (ODI) Series against Pakistan in Dhaka by 3-0.
- This was Bangladesh’s first series whitewash against an Asian Test-playing nation.
- Man of the Series award went to Tamim Iqbal.
Mohammed Shami officially ruled out of IPL-8
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Thursday confirmed that India’s pace spearhead Mohammed Shami has been ruled out of the ongoing Indian Premier League due to a knee injury sustained during the ICC Cricket World Cup last month.