The 191st birth anniversary of social reformer Mahatma Jyotirao Phule. It is being celebrated for the first time as a state function. Andhra Pradesh CM relaunches Adarana.
- Chandrababu Naidu announced the re-launch of ‘Adarana’, a scheme for improving traditional occupations.
- It includes modern tools, technology, marketing, and financial support that are for the artisans.
- It also provides employment in the rural areas those pursuing traditional occupations to raise their income levels.
- Modernizing was necessary for goldsmiths, carpenters, weavers, blacksmiths, and potters, among others.
- It is for the upliftment and all-round development of people belonging to the Backward Classes.
- Top priority was being given to employment and education.
- Financial assistance was being provided under the ‘NTR Unnata and Videsi Vidyadarana’
- Backward classes circles were imparting coaching for competitive examinations and the unemployed who could not afford coaching were being sent to the best institutions.
- An assistance of Rs. 2.5 lakh was given for those preparing for all-India services, Rs. 30,000 was given for Group II, and Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 19,000 respectively for bank POs and clerks.
- The Government had allocated Rs. 25,000 crore for the welfare of the Backward Classes (BCs) during the last three years and Rs. 10,000 crore during the year for BC welfare and development.
- He paid rich tributes to Jyotirao Phule for his struggle against untouchability and caste discrimination.
- Cheques for Rs. 409 crore and Rs. 195 crore for self-employment programmes under the BC Corporation Rs. 109 crore towards welfare schemes, and Rs. 6.75 crore for 465 houses at the village adopted by the Chief Minister Pedalabudu.
About Chandrababu Naidu:
- Chandrababu Naidu was born on 20 April 1950 is an Indian politician.
- He was the 1st Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh since 2014
- He became the state’s youngest assembly member and youngest minister at 28.
- He served the longest term as Chief Minister of the state from 1995 to 2004
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification