President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind visited Croatia as the part of his 3-nation visit along with a high level delegations from 25-28 March 2018. He became the first President to visit Croatia and Bolivia. He visited Bolivia from 28-30 March and his last destination of 3-nation visit is Chile.
On 26th March, 2019, President, Ram Nath Kovind held productive talks with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic to discuss all aspects of bilateral relations. The two countries has signed 4 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) on culture, tourism and sports.
- An MoU was signed between the Sports Authority of India and the Department of Kinesiology in the University of Zagreb for building capacity in sports.
- An MoU was signed regarding culture which consists of 2 agreements to establish Indian Council for Cultural Relations Chair for Sanskrit and Hindi language at the University of Zagreb.
- The 2 countries also signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of tourism to help deepen links in this important sector.
Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Croatian-Indian Economic Forum in Zagreb
On 27th March, 2019, Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Croatian-Indian Economic Forum in Zagreb, Croatia to delegate Indian and Croatian businesses to partner with each other for trade, technology and investment collaboration.
- The theme of the address was “India – Croatia relations- the way forward”.
- Both the countries discussed to integrate the value and supply chains to derive maximum benefit economically.
Ram Nath Kovind conferred with Croatia’s highest civilian order
On 26th March, 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind, during his official visit to Croatia, was conferred with Croatia’s highest civilian order, the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav.
President Ram Nath Kovind was awarded this for their contribution towards the strengthening of ties between the European nation and the respective country.
Mahatma Gandhi’s bust to be unveiled in Croatia on 2nd October
President Ram Nath Kovind on his visit to Croatia has announced to gift a sculpture of Mahatma Gandhi to mark the 150 birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation.
The sculpture will be unveiled on 2nd October, 2019 on the occasion of ‘Gandhi Jayanti’.
President Kovind met Croatia’s PM Andrej Plenkovic
On his First day visit to Croatia, President Ram Nath Kovind met his Croatian counterpart Prime Minister, Andrej Plenkovic to focus on strengthening trade and investment linkages.
President Ram Nath Kovind met Raimonds Vcjonis
President Ram Nath Kovind had a bilateral meeting with the President of Republic of Latvia Raimonds Vcjonis in Zagreb, Croatia to discuss the issues regarding mutual interest and cooperation.
♦ Capital: Zagreb
♦ President: Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
♦ Prime Minister: Andrej Plenkovic