- The 11th Edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being held between February 14-28, 2021 in West Bengal at Cooch Behar (February 14-16, 2021), Darjeeling, West Bengal (February 22-24, 2021) & Murshidabad, West Bengal (February 27-28, 2021).
- The programme is a platform for showcasing folk & Tribal art, dance,music, cuisines, culture of various states besides providing an opportunity to artists & artisans to support their livelihood.
- The main aim of the Mahotsav is to enhance mutual understanding & bonding between people of diverse cultures of India which will help in strengthening the Unity & Integrity of India.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- It has been held since 2015 & Seven Zonal Culture Centres from across India participate in the Mahotsav
- The previous Ten editions of the Mahotsav have been held in cities like Delhi, Varanasi, Bengaluru, Tawang, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tehri, and Madhya Pradesh.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 3, 2020, Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism represented India and addressed in 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting held through video conference under the Chairpersonship of Russian Federation.
About Ministry of Culture:
Minister of State (I/C) – Prahlad Singh Patel (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Damoh, Madhya Pradesh)