AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 25 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India has been ranked _________in the world with respect to number of nuclear reactors being installed, by the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2017.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. 3rd
India has been ranked third in the world with respect to number of nuclear reactors being installed, by the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2017, which was released in September 2017.
- Which country has joined with India and US to conduct a joint trade and investment show for the first time, in Delhi?
5. Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Afganisthan
On 27th to 29th September 2017, India, US and Afghanistan will conduct a joint trade and investment show for the first time, in Delhi.The event will be inaugurated by Afghanistan CEO Dr.Abdullah. US Defence Secretary Mr.James Mattis will visit India for the first time.
- Name of the foundation has signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore to improve infrastructure and broaden research activities at the Centre for Infectious Diseases Research (CIDR).
1. Tata Foundation
2. Infosys Foundation
3. Reliance Foundation
4. Sun Foundation
5. Mahindra & Mahindra Foundation
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Infosys Foundation
On 25th September 2017, Infosys Foundation signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. The MoU between Infosys Foundation and Indian Institute of Science aims to improve infrastructure and broaden research activities at the Centre for Infectious Diseases Research (CIDR).
- In which state of India a new underground water treatment plant has been commissioned at Sadhutilla in the southern part of Agartala inaugurate?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Tripura
Under the state Urban Development department in Tripura, a new underground water treatment plant has been commissioned at Sadhutilla in the southern part of Agartala inaugurated on 23rd of Sept. 2017. The Sadhutilla water treatment plant is designed to treat surface water and deep tube wells.
- Where did union minister launch multi-media exhibition “Naya Bharat-Hum Karke Rahenge”?
1. Itlanagar , Arunachal Pradesh
2. Chandigarh , Haryana
3. Shillong , Megalaya
4. Shimla , Himachal Pradesh
5. Kohima , Nagaland
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Shimla , Himachal Pradesh
The Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Jagat Prakash Nadda has inaugurated a 5-day multi-media exhibition “Naya Bharat-Hum Karke Rahenge” in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh on September 23, 2017. It is the 36th such exhibition organized in the country to aware common people on the different central sponsored schemes through photographs and video clips, so that the people can take benefit from the schemes.
- Which country’s women were allowed to attend celebrations at a sports stadium in Riyadh, for the first time in its history to attend Saudi Arabia’s national day celebrations?
3. Saudi Arabia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Saudi Arabia
On 23rd September 2017, Saudi Arabian women were allowed to attend celebrations at a sports stadium in Riyadh, for the first time in its history. Women were allowed to enter a sports stadium for the first time in Saudi Arabia’s history to attend Saudi Arabia’s national day celebrations.
- Which country has joined with Pakistan hold a two-week long military exercise DRUZBA 2017 which mainly focuses on counter-terrorism operations?
1. United States
5. United Kingdom
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Russia
Pakistan and Russia will hold a two-week long military exercise which mainly focus on counter-terrorism operations. It enhances defence ties between the two countries.The joint exercise DRUZBA 2017 between special forces of Pakistan and Russia Armies started in Minralney Vody, Russia.The joint exercise will focus on counter-terrorism operations, hostage and rescue, cordon and search operation.
- Name the famous Odia poet and short story writer is to be awarded Sarala award for her short story compilation ‘Kathapua’ on 26th October 2017.
1. Nandhini Sahu
2. Pratibha Satpathy
3. Madhavi pattanayak
4. Sarala Das
5. Banaj Devi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Banaj Devi
Banaj Devi, famous Odia poet and short story writer is to be awarded Sarala award for her short story compilation ‘Kathapua’ on 26th October 2017.
Sarala Award for ‘Kathapua’.The annual Sarala Puraskar award is one of the prestigious literary awards of Odisha. Cash award of Rs.5 lakh is given to the recipients.
- How many months have been extended till March 2019 for the the interest subsidy of up to Rs 2.60 lakh on home loans will now be available to middle income group (MIG) beneficiaries Under the Centre’s affordable housing scheme?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. 15 months
Under the Centre’s affordable housing scheme, the interest subsidy of up to Rs 2.60 lakh on home loans will now be available to middle income group (MIG) beneficiaries for 15 more months till March 2019.By this decision MIG beneficiaries will get more time to avail interest subsidy under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
- Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in ___________elections.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Germany
Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in Germany elections that lifted the far-right party Alternative for Germany into parliament for the first time since the immediate aftermath World War II.Her nearest rivals, the Social Democrats, and their candidate Martin Schulz came in the second position with a post-war record low 20.8%.
- To which state of Cricket Association Rajinder Gupta was elected as the president of the year 2017?
4. West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1. Punjab
Leading industrialist Rajinder Gupta was elected as the president of the Punjab Cricket Association(PCA) on 23rd of Sept. 2017.Singla, Rakesh Rathour, Prof S M Verma and Amarinder Bindra were elected as the vice presidents of the PCA.
- Who won the women’s singles U-19 title at the Belgian Junior Open?
1. Maneesha K
2. Arathi Sara Sunil
3. Vaishnavi Reddy
4. Sunaina Arora
5. Preeti Agarwal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Vaishnavi Reddy
Indian shuttler Vaishnavi Reddy clinched up the women’s singles U-19 title at the Belgian Junior Open.Reddy defeated Vivien Sandorhazi in a three-game final at Herstal, Belgium on 24th of Sept. 2017.
- Which country has became no. 1 spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) One-Day International (ODI) rankings for both ODIs and Tests on Sept.25 2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.India
India beat Australia by 5 wickets in the third ODI played between the two sides at Indore. Now India is the no. 1 spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) One-Day International (ODI) rankings on 25th Sept.2017.
- What day is observed on 25th September 2017 and conducted an event named ‘Bharat ke Kaushalzaade’?
1. Kshamavani Parva
2. Sanchayika Day
3. Chappar Mela
4. Antyodaya Diwas
5. Gunners Day
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Antyodaya Diwas
On 25th September 2017, Ministry of Rural Development conducted an event named ‘Bharat ke Kaushalzaade’, to honour beneficiaries of its skill development programmes, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.The event was conducted on 25th September 2017, which is observed as ‘Antyodaya Diwas’.
- Name of the Marathi author and senior journalist passed away on Sep 25 2017.
1. Mahadevshastri Joshi
2. Arun Sadhu
3. Gora Kumbhar
4. Muktabai Dixit
5. Indira Sant
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Arun Sadhu
Renowned Marathi author and senior journalist, Arun Sadhu (76) passed away on Sep 25 2017. Sadhu is survived by his wife Aruna, a social activist, and two daughters, Suvarna and Shefali.
- Name the world’s heaviest woman passed away in Abu Dhabi on 25th Sept. 2017.
1. Catrina Raiford
2. Rosalie Bradford
3. Mayra Rosales
4. Sylvia Smith
5. Eman Ahmed
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Eman Ahmed
Eman Ahmed, the world’s heaviest woman who made news when she arrived in Mumbai earlier this year for aweight-loss surgery, passed away in Abu Dhabi on 25th Sept. 2017.She had lost more than 300kg (660lb) of her 500kg but had died from complications from other health conditions.
- Where was the National conference on Agriculture for Rabi campaign 2017 hosted?
4. New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. New Delhi
The National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign – 2017-18 was being organized on 19th and 20th September, 2017 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The Conference was inaugurated by Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh in the presence of Ministers of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri G.S. Shekhawat and Ms. Krishna Raj.
- Name the world’s first Airline to launch double beds in its brand new business class suite.
1. Turkish Airlines
2. Qatar Airways
3. British Airways
4. China Airlines
5. Malaysia Airlines
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways has just unveiled a new feature that could be a game-changer for frequent travellers; a double bed. The airline has unveiled its new ‘QSuites’ which allow passengers in adjoining middle seats to create a double bed by reclining their seats and removing partitions between them.
- Which state government has launched a mobile app ‘People First’ for citizens?
4. Uttar Pradesh
5. Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Andhra Pradesh
N. Chandrababu Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, has launched ‘People First’ mobile application at the Collectors’ conference in Vijayawada. The app will empower citizens with real-time governance. It will keep the citizens updated with the latest schemes and services of the government and the users will also be able to use the app for registering their complaints.