AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 30 March 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was the 2-day long Passage Exercise ‘PASSEX’ conducted between India & USA in March 2021?
1) Andaman & Nicobar
2) North Pacific Ocean
3) Bay of Bengal
4) South China Sea
5) Arabian Sea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Bay of Bengal
The navies of India & United States conducted a 2-day Passage Exercise ‘PASSEX’ in Bay of Bengal (Eastern Indian Ocean Region) from March 28-29, 2021. For the 1st time, Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter aircraft P8I took part in a ‘PASSEX’ exercise.
· For the 1st time, Indian Navy is set to be part of the French Naval Exercise ‘La Perouse’ scheduled to take place in April, 2021 at Bay of Bengal.
- What is the total capital allocated for setting up the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID), an institution that provides long-term loans for infrastructure development projects?
1) 1 lakh crore
2) 10,000 crore
3) 83,000 crore
4) 50,000 crore
5) 10 lakh crore
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 1 lakh crore
President Ram Nath Kovind gave his Assent to National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) Bill, 2021.
· It aims to establish the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID) as the principal Development Financial Institution (DFI) for Infrastructure financing in India.
· It will be set up as a corporate body with authorised share capital of 1 Lakh Crore Rupees. The institution is 100% owned by the Govt. of India.
· Central Government will provide grants worth INR 5, 000 Crore to NBFID by the end of the 1st financial year.
- As per the recently amended, “The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2021”, the term “Government” means referred to in any law made by the Legislative Assembly will imply ___________.
1) State Legislature
2) CM & State’s Council of Ministers
3) Chief Minister
4) Lieutenant Governor
5) Chief Minister & Lieutenant Governor
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Lieutenant Governor
President Ram Nath Kovind gave his Assent to “The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2021”.
· The Bill provides that the term ‘Government’ referred to in any law made by the Legislative Assembly will imply Lieutenant Governor (LG).
· Further it states that, the opinion of the LG of Delhi should be obtained before the state government takes any form of executive action based on a decision taken by an individual minister or cabinet.
- In March 2021, the 3rd phase of the Indian beamline project was initiated with special focus on Material research with advanced X-ray techniques for Industrial applications. Where is the Indian beamline located?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Japan
On March 23, 2021 the 3rd phase of the Indian beamline project was initiated in Japan with special focus on research based on Industrial Applications. In this phase Indian researchers will be trained with Advanced X-ray techniques used in Material research.
· Indian Beamline was constructed & maintained by Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata and JNCASR, Bangalore.
· It is located at the Photon Factory of High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK), Tsukuba, Japan.
- Suh Wook, Defence Minister of ___________ on his visit to India (in Mar’21) inaugurated India’s 1st Friendship Park with the country in Delhi.
4) South Korea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) South Korea
South Korea’s Minister of National Defence, Suh Wook visited India from March 25-27, 2021. The main objective of the visit is to boost Bilateral Defence and Military Cooperation.
· Suh Wook & Rajnath Singh jointly inaugurated India’s First Indo-Korean Friendship Park at Delhi Cantonment.
· It was built to commemorate India’s contributions as part of the 21 countries of the UN which participated in Korean War of 1950-53.
- Which group of students are covered under CBSE’s new competence based assessment framework?
1) Class 6-10
2) Class 1-5
3) Class 1-10
4) Class 6-12
5) Class 5-12
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Class 6-10
Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, launched a new assessment framework for Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) students of Class 6 to 10. This framework assesses students based on their competencies to solve day-to-day problems.
· Focus Subjects – English, Science & Maths
· This will benefit 20 million students, 1,32,000 teachers across 25,000 CBSE schools including 2,000 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV’s) by 2024.
- Which type of banking institutions were covered under the RBI’s recent (in Mar’21) guidelines for mergers/amalgamation to evolve as a strong group of financial providers?
1) Local Area Banks
2) Payments Banks
3) Cooperative Banks
4) Regional Rural Banks
5) Small Finance Banks
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Cooperative Banks
In March, 2021, the RBI issued RBI (Amalgamation of Urban Cooperative Banks) Directions, 2020, guidelines for merger/amalgamation to all Primary/Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) to place them in the public domain.
· A cooperative bank can merge only with another cooperative bank situated in the same state or with a cooperative bank registered under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act.
- Who received the IUCN’s New International Ranger Award in March 2021?
1) Mahinder Giri
2) Sanjay Kumar
3) Maharaj Muthoo
4) Sanjiv Chaturvedi
5) Hari Singh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Mahinder Giri
Ranger Mahinder Giri of Rajaji Tiger Reserve(RTR) became the only ranger from Asia to win the prestigious New International Ranger Award for his efforts towards reducing the human-wildlife conflict in and around the RTR and his role in trigger translocation exercise from Corbett Tiger Reserve to RTR.
· The award was announced for 10 professionals across the globe by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA).
- Who authored the book, “Wild and Wilful: Tale of 15 Iconic Indian Species”?
1) Vandana Shiva
2) Sunita Narain
3) Maneka Gandhi
4) Neha Sinha
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Neha Sinha
“Wild and Wilful: Tale of 15 Iconic Indian Species” the new book authored by wildlife conservationist Neha Sinha is an evocative collection of insights from various disciplines that describes human -animal coexistence.
· Neha Sinha has won the Sanctuary Wildlife Service Award in 2017.
- Which book received the National Book Critics Circle(NBCC)’s award 2020 under Fiction Category?
1) Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning
2) Here Is the Sweet Hand
3) Stranger in the Shogun’s City
4) Island on Fire
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Hamnet
Irish-British novelist, Maggie O’Farrell’ s novel ‘Hamnet’, an imagined take on the death of Shakespeare’s son from the bubonic plague, has won the National Book Critics Circle(NBCC)’s award 2020 for the fiction category.
· 6 categories—autobiography, biography, criticism, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.