AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- How many Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) were tagged as ‘Excellent’ as per the performance review conducted by the ‘Department of Public Enterprises’ (DPE) for 2019-2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 25
As per the department of public enterprises (DPE) (under Ministry of Finance) for 2019-2020, only 25 of the 144 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) were tagged as ‘excellent’. The survey was done for Improving the performance of CPSEs and also to boost investor interest in these firms.
- Which Country recently (in Oct’ 21) signed an MoU with India for supplying ‘Di-ammonium Phosphate’ Fertilizers?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Russia
India signed a long term MoU with Russia for DAP (Di-Ammonium Phosphate) fertilizer supply. After urea, Di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) fertilizer is the most widely used fertilizer in the country.
i. The Central Government allocated around Rs 79,600 crore for fertilizer subsidy in the budget for 2021-22.
- Name the organization that recently (in Oct’ 21) released the ‘Multilingual Dementia Research and Assessment’ (MUDRA) Toolbox’ in 5 Indian languages.
1) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
2) Indian Council of Medical Research
3) National Informatics Center
4) IISc Bangalore
5) All India Council for Technical Education
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Indian Council of Medical Research
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) released the Multilingual Dementia Research and Assessment (MUDRA) Toolbox in 5 Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
i. MUDRA Toolbox is a project led by the ICMR Neuro-Cognitive Tool Box (ICMR-NCTB) partnership to improve dementia & mild cognitive impairment research
- Which of the following statement(s) are correct with respect to the ‘Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2021’ released by Ireland’s Concern Worldwide & Germany’s WeltHungerHilfe?
A) The GHI is a tool designed to measure & track hunger at the global, regional, and national levels under 4 indicators viz. Undernourishment, Child Wasting, Child Stunting & Child Mortality.
B) India ranked 94 out of 116 countries in GHI 2021 with a GHI score of 26.2 resulting in India’s level of hunger being described as ‘Moderate’.
C) Somalia is placed last in GHI 2021 with a score of 50.8 by which its situation is ‘extremely alarming’.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only B
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Only A & C
i. The ‘Global Hunger Index’ (GHI) is a tool designed to measure & track hunger at the global, regional, and national levels under 4 indicators viz. Undernourishment, Child Wasting, Child Stunting & Child Mortality.
ii. India ranked 101 out of 116 countries in GHI 2021 with a GHI score of 27.5 resulting in India’s level of hunger being described as ‘serious’.
iii. Somalia was at the bottom in GHI 2021 with a score of 50.8 by which its situation is ‘extremely alarming’.
- Which Organization recently (in Oct’ 21) released the ‘Global Financial Stability Report-2021’, which mainly discusses ‘Cryptoization’?
1) New Development Bank
2) European Investment Bank
3) Asian Development Bank
4) World Bank
5) International Monetary Fund
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) International Monetary Fund
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) released the ‘Global Financial Stability Report-2021’, that discusses the adaptation of cryptocurrencies in emerging markets, the report mainly discusses ‘Cryptoization’. It stated ‘Bitcoin’ is the most dominant Crypto-currency, while its market share fell sharply in 2021 from 70% to less than 45%.
i. India ranked 2nd in the ‘Global Crypto Adoption Index 2021’, which was topped by Vietnam.
- Name the Organization that recently (in Oct’ 21) increased its ambition to deliver climate financing to its ‘Developing Member Countries’ to $100 billion by 2030.
1) World Bank
2) World Economic Forum
3) United Nations Development Programme
4) Asian Development Bank
5) World Health Organization
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Asian Development Bank4) Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank (ADB) increased its ambition to deliver climate financing to its Developing Member Countries (DMCs) from 2019–2030 by $20 billion to $100 billion. The additional $20 billion will provide support for the climate agenda in 5 main areas viz. Climate mitigation, Climate adaptation, private sector operations etc.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
Headquarters– Manila, Philippines
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Which Bank recently (in Oct’ 21) partnered with ‘Vested Finance’ under its new solution named ‘Vested Direct’ to facilitate forex transfers?
1) CSB Bank
2) DCB Bank
3) SBM Bank
4) IDFC FIRST Bank
5) RBL Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) SBM Bank
Vested Finance, a platform for investing in foreign stocks for Indians partnered with SBM Bank, the Indian subsidiary of State Bank of Mauritius and launched a new solution named ‘Vested Direct’ for facilitating forex transfers at low costs.
i. RBI introduced the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) scheme to facilitate Resident Individuals (RI) to freely remit funds (transfer money to abroad) up to USD 2,50,000 outside India in a financial year (April to March).
- Name the Personality who was honoured with ‘WHO Director-General’s award’ (Posthumously) in October 2021.
1) Henrietta Lacks
2) Narinder Singh Kapany
3) Maurice Sendak
4) Altaf Hussain Bhat
5) Shibaji Banerjee
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Henrietta Lacks
The Director General of World Health Organization (WHO), Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus honoured the late Henrietta Lacks with a ‘WHO Director-General’s award’, for recognizing her world-changing legacy.
i. The researchers named the tissues of Henrietta Lacks as “HeLa cells”, which became a popular word in the medical world.
- Who recently (in Oct’ 21) got additional charge as the Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)?
1) Bansi Lal Bha
2) Ashok Kumar Tandon
3) Navrang Saini
4) S. Sahoo
5) Rekha Sharma
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Navrang Saini
The Central Government gave Navrang Saini, Whole Time Member, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), an additional charge as the Chairperson of IBBI. He will succeed S. Sahoo who retired on September 30, 2021 after a five-year tenure on.
- Who was recently (in Oct’ 21) elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)?
1) Sivasubramanian Ramann
2) R.K Malhotra
3) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
4) Rajkiran Rai G
5) Atul Kumar Goel
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Atul Kumar Goel
Atul Kumar Goel (A K Goel), MD & CEO of UCO Bank. was elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for 2021-22. He replaces Rajkiran Rai G, MD & CEO of Union Bank. He is set to take over as the CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB) with effect from January 2022.
About Indian Banks’ Association (IBA):
Chief Executive– Sunil Mehta
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra