Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The functions of the lead bank are performed by:
c. Any bank
d. A bank designed for this purpose
Answerd.A bank designed for this purpose
* DEFINITION of ‘Lead Bank’ A bank that oversees the arrangement of a loan syndication. The lead bank is paid an additional fee for this service, which involves recruiting the members and negotiating the financing terms. In the eurobond market, the lead bank acts in an agent capacity for an underwriting syndicate.
- Central Co-operative banks work at:
a. District level
b. National level
c. Block level
d. State level
Answera. District level
* Central Cooperative Bank, founded on 28 March 1991 is a universal commercial bank, belonging to the financial structure of CCB Group.
- The largest public sector commercial bank of India is the ____
c. Bank of india
d. Union bank of india
* As of December 2013, it had assets of US$388 billion and 13,000 branches, including 190 foreign offices, making it the largest banking and financial services company in India by assets. State Bank of India is one of the Big Four banks of India, along with Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank and ICICI Bank.
- PAN card issued by the income tax department cannot be used for which of the following purpose?
a. Proof of identity
b. Proof of a registered tax payer
c. Proof of address
d. Proof of date of birth
Answerb. Proof of a registered tax payer
* Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a laminated card, by the Income Tax Department, to any “person” who applies for it or to whom the department allots the number without an application.
- Which one of the following statements is correct regarding increase in the CRR in India?
a. It increases credit creation
b. It reduces credit creation
c. It does not affect credit
d. It denoted liberal monetary policy
Answerb. It reduces credit creation
* CRR is a cash reserve ratio and SLR is statutory liquidity ratio. Under CRR a certain percentage of the total bank deposits has to be kept in the current account with RBI which means banks do not have access to that much amount for any economic activity or commercial activity.
- Which among the following sectors contributes most to the saving in India?
a. Banking and financial sector
b. Private corporate sector
c. Export sector
d. Household sector
Answerd. Household sector
- The EXIM bank of India was established in ____
* Export-Import Bank of India is the premier export finance institution in India, established in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981
- The term plastic money applies to____
a. Bank draft made of plastic coated paper
b. Currency notes impregnated with plastic thread
c. Currency notes printed on plastic coated paper
d. Credit cards mainly issued by the banks
Answerd. Credit cards mainly issued by the banks
* PLASTIC MONEY Plastic money is a term that is used predominantly in reference to the hard plastic cards we use everyday in place of actual bank notes. They can come in many different forms such as cash cards, credit cards, debit cards, pre-paid cash cards and store cards.
- Which bank became the first bank to open its branch in china ?
a. IDBI bank
- Government of India, for the first time nationalized 14 large commercial banks in the year___
Answerb. 1969The following 14 Major Commercial Banks were nationalized on 19th July 1969 during the then Prime Minister of India, Mrs.Indira Gandhi:-
1. Allahabad Bank-Founded by a Group of Europeans on 24th April 1865 at Allahabad
2. Bank of Baroda-Founded in the year 1908 in Baroda
3. Bank of Maharashtra-Founded on 16th September 1935 at Pune
4. Bank of India-Founded in September 1906 at Mumbai
5. Canara Bank-Founded on 1st July 1906 at Bangalore
6. Central Bank of India-Founded by Sir Sorabji Pochkhanawala at Mumbai in the year 1911.
7. Dena Bank-Founded on 26th May 1938 by Devkaran Nanjee family
8. Indian Bank-Founded on 15th August 1907 as a part of Indian Swadeshi Movement at Chennai (then Madras)
9. Indian Overseas Bank-Founded in the year 1937 at Chennai (then Madras)
10. Punjab National Bank-Founded in Lahore in the year 1894
11. Syndicate Bank -Founded in Udipi in Karnataka in the year 1925
12. UCO Bank-Founded in 1943 by Birla at Kolkata (the then Calcutta)
13. Union Bank of India-Inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi in November 1919 .
14. United Bank of India-Inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi in November 1919 – nationalized in 1975
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification