According to Forbes, India is home to 56 of the world’s 2000 largest companies and the list is topped by United States of America. Reliance Industries, led by Mr Mukesh Ambani is the first.
The list gives snapshot of the largest and powerful companies of the world dominated by USA and China.
- USA has 579 companies and China is home to 232 companies with China’s four biggest banks own the top four spots.
- Japan slid to the 3rd place with home to 216 companies and United Kingdom is ranked 4th with 95
- India added two more companies to the last year’s tally of 54.
- Reliance Industries occupied 135th place last year slid to 142 on the list now with a market value of 42.9billion dollars and sales of 71.7billion dollars.
- State Bank Of India comes next with 33billion dollars as market value and is ranked at 152.
- Other Indian companies like ONGC ranked 183,Tata Motors ,ICICIBank ,Indian Oil ,HDFC Bank ,NTPC ,TCS  etc
- This year Global 2000 companies are from 61 countries and account for combined revenues of USD 39 trillion, with assets worth USD162 trillion,profits of USD 3trillion and market value of USD 48trillion.
- Growth of 9%y-o-y is seen in the total market value of 2000 companies because of the bull market.
- Europe finished with 486 companies this year behind Asia and North America with 691 and 645 companies respectively.
- There are 200 new ones this year including travel company Expedia etc.
- Facebook, jumped more than 200 ranks due to its rising revenues and profits.
Some information about Mukesh Ambani
- Mr Mukesh Ambani was born on 19th April 1957 in Yemen.
- He is the Chairman, Managing Director and biggest share holder of Reliance Industries.
- As of April 2015 his networth is 23.6billion dollars.
- He is 19th richest in the world.
- His brother is Mr Anil Ambani, Chairman of Reliance ADA group
Information about Reliance Industries
- Reliance industries is conglomerate holding company, founded in 1966
- Its headquarters is at Mumbai.
- Various products of this company are Crude oil,natural gas, petrochemicals,polyester,textiles,telecommunication,retail etc.